Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

Hi all,

After 2 days of running to different hose companies & hardware shops, I think I may be able to solve this issue after all.

A bit of background, the 3M filter comes with 3/8 tube. The facet need 1/4 tube. Our HDB water pipe is 1/2". So we have 3 different size to play here.

First, we need a connector from HDB 1/2" to 3/8" hose.

SMC KQ2H11-37S PBT Push-To-Connect Tube Fitting with Sealant, Adapter, 3/8" Tube OD x 1/2" NPT Male with Brass Threads

51Tarb8RFxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Then a connector to convert 3/8" to 1/4" tube.

SMC KQ2H07-11 PBT Push-To-Connect Tube Fitting, Adapter, 1/4" Tube OD x 3/8" NPT Male

31AoBpzXfQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I did not buy from Amazon. Just provide a link for u to reference. I bought locally at SMC main branch walk in sales counter.

SMC Pneumatics (SEA) Pte Ltd

33 Tuas Avenue 8

Singapore 639251

Tel : 65-68610888

Fax : 65-68611889

URL: http://www.smcsing.com.sg

And lastly U buy a 1/4" tube. :good:

img41871.jpg

I will probably try to install this weekend. Will update again if successful. :yamseng: :yamseng:

Wow, you got the parts all the way from tuas!! :jawdrop:

Great determination to get the filter installed. Hope you will install successfully this weekend :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wow, you got the parts all the way from tuas!! :jawdrop:

Great determination to get the filter installed. Hope you will install successfully this weekend :yamseng:

Haa... I went yesterday to get 1 part. Today another part... haa...

Btw, I forget to put the price. I got each part for around $6. :sport-smiley-004:

Btw, I forget to put the price. I got each part for around $6. :sport-smiley-004:

Satisfaction is indescribable when you hands on :thumbs up:

Seeing yr T-blog make my hands itchy to want to start one too. Mine jux start hacking. All the best to yr reno.

Take lots of photos first!! Then slowly start your blog... :yamseng: :yamseng:

Noticed the holder for the brooms, what's is that called? And where did you get that from?

Thanks!

Loves your idea of the cabinet! Didn't think about it thou...

Yes, i saw it their site. However, i am worried if the breaklock service. Even if under warranty, we still need to pay the breaklock service to get it repair. It is 200 dollar within 4 hours.

I am looking at gateman V20 hook. I am just worried on the high charges for the breaklock.

I been thinking about getting it with interlock. What model you looking at? Maybe we can bargain together. Their website got pricing abt 380-390. Yale's model same look is 588.

I am so glad that you have found the adaptor for it!!!! :sport-smiley-004: I had actually given up on searching for one.

Can you please tell me if the 1/2" to 3/8" adaptor is still available there? Basically, i should need only this since i am connecting it to the usual hose for a faucet. By the way, i think i might need a male and female to make it work.

Hi all,

After 2 days of running to different hose companies & hardware shops, I think I may be able to solve this issue after all.

A bit of background, the 3M filter comes with 3/8 tube. The facet need 1/4 tube. Our HDB water pipe is 1/2". So we have 3 different size to play here.

First, we need a connector from HDB 1/2" to 3/8" hose.

SMC KQ2H11-37S PBT Push-To-Connect Tube Fitting with Sealant, Adapter, 3/8" Tube OD x 1/2" NPT Male with Brass Threads

Then a connector to convert 3/8" to 1/4" tube.

SMC KQ2H07-11 PBT Push-To-Connect Tube Fitting, Adapter, 1/4" Tube OD x 3/8" NPT Male

I did not buy from Amazon. Just provide a link for u to reference. I bought locally at SMC main branch walk in sales counter.

SMC Pneumatics (SEA) Pte Ltd

33 Tuas Avenue 8

Singapore 639251

Tel : 65-68610888

Fax : 65-68611889

URL: http://www.smcsing.com.sg

And lastly U buy a 1/4" tube. :good:

img41871.jpg

I will probably try to install this weekend. Will update again if successful. :yamseng: :yamseng:

Too excited.... So I just home to install straight after work! After a few drop of sweats, I'm done! :good: :good:

So far so good... no leaking yet..... I probably let the water run for a while before I test the water. Or maybe I get my wife to test first.. haa... :P :P

p1020685c.jpg

The next step will be shortening the hose to make it look nicer...

I am so glad that you have found the adaptor for it!!!! :sport-smiley-004: I had actually given up on searching for one.

Can you please tell me if the 1/2" to 3/8" adaptor is still available there? Basically, i should need only this since i am connecting it to the usual hose for a faucet. By the way, i think i might need a male and female to make it work.

The 1/2" to 3/8" adaptor should have left 9 pcs. U can call n check before going down. 68610888 ext 2 will get u the sales dept. Give them the part no (KQ2H11-37S) and they will tell u the quantity. SMC also got a female 1/2" but they dont have stock. So I got to buy a 1/2" female female to connect to my main line. U can see the photo in the previous post. Hope that helps! :yamseng: :yamseng:

Too excited.... So I just home to install straight after work! After a few drop of sweats, I'm done! :good: :good:

So far so good... no leaking yet..... I probably let the water run for a while before I test the water. Or maybe I get my wife to test first.. haa... :P :P

p1020685c.jpg

The next step will be shortening the hose to make it look nicer...

Good work! How much you spent in total for te filter system? :) in my wish list though

Good work! How much you spent in total for te filter system? :) in my wish list though

Filter set is USD$40 (now is USD$30!! :furious: )

Faucet at USD$16 (now is USD$11!!! WTH)

Extra connectors SGD$20

Fuel for driving around to look for solutions SGD$10

Total cost around SGD$100 (excluding the 2 extra filters I got)

But the cost of solving this complex equation = PRICELESS :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-003: :sport-smiley-003:

Bought some stuff online yesterday. I have been looking for a bicycle stand to hold my bikes and at first I was looking at this.

516TRJA3KAL._SS400_.jpg

So I went to local bike shop to enquire. Almost $300. :jawdrop: I would like to put in my living room but there is a problem. It can't work with a false ceiling. It need 2 solid top n bottom to get a good grip. So got to drop this idea. Then I saw this.

51JHYBVKSZL.jpg

Not as chio. But 3 times cheaper.... Plus reviews are pretty all right. Onz! :yamseng:

It had just shipped out. Should arrived next week.

Edited by kim76

Yes, i saw it their site. However, i am worried if the breaklock service. Even if under warranty, we still need to pay the breaklock service to get it repair. It is 200 dollar within 4 hours.

I am looking at gateman V20 hook. I am just worried on the high charges for the breaklock.

Ya that is true. But that also means its herd for people to break into your door right?? I also looking at the v20 hook but nit sure if can install or not.