Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

Is there a smaller version of this? The only thing about this model is the height. Super tall so I had to make sure my cabinetry above it was adjusted to accomodate it. You might want to be careful of that.

Heh, I copied your idea of buying the sink. Just bought a larger one although I super wish my kitchen could have taken the 36 inch version. As for the faucet, I originally wanted Grohe but they don't have a version that has a dual function, ie use the pre rinse spray and pot filler at the same time.

So in a way, no choice and went back to Kraus even though I was warned on Renotalk that it might not fit. I think someone else bought a simpler version but what the heck, you only live once so I just bought it and crossed fingers and toes that it could fit. :) It did so now every time I see my the entire ensemble, I give myself a pat on the back. Haha.

Btw, have a go with the grid. I also did not see the point behind it, thinking it will be gross with all the residue under. But my helper left it in so we have been using it. It is very cool cos everything gets drained off beneath it without touching stuff you have already soaped etc. Clever! :thumbs up:

The spice drawer rocks and I bought another bakeware organiser as well. Will post when I have sorted out the kitchen properly. Now waiting for some golf balls to arrive from Amazon! :jammin:

I am looking for a tap that has both a pot filler and a pre-rinse spray!! Can you share which one you got?!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Shopping gurus...can someone share with me a taobao vendor they have bought their light switches from? That is now on my list to do...and anything i should be aware of...other than how many switches the switch plate controls (whatever that is called...need to read up man)

Shopping gurus...can someone share with me a taobao vendor they have bought their light switches from? That is now on my list to do...and anything i should be aware of...other than how many switches the switch plate controls (whatever that is called...need to read up man)

one vendor that i was considering previously. in the end i bought a similiar black mirrored one from siemens, but it is now out of stock.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=19984492602&ali_refid=a3_420434_1006:1103559891:6:%CE%F7%C3%C5%D7%D3%BF%AA%B9%D8:56c48e1a276016656c8f72d7250c645f&ali_trackid=1_56c48e1a276016656c8f72d7250c645f&spm=a230r.1.17.15.dsQYSy

Thanks for this...did you get from the same vendor as the link you shared? how was the quality? Any problems? Electrician had no problems with it?

I am looking for a tap that has both a pot filler and a pre-rinse spray!! Can you share which one you got?!

Here it is!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032IO2VK/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

mad4bags

what is the name of the storage? **** nice

Here it is!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007VERRLS/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i04?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A little bit of poison for people who want to get rid of the cumbersome knife block and save some counter space.

stmx.jpg

And the Simple Human + Progressive International stuff I bought in action. Pardon the slight mess in my photos. :)

4yoz.jpg
ee72.jpg
sgkv.jpg

A little bit of poison for people who want to get rid of the cumbersome knife block and save some counter space.

stmx.jpg

And the Simple Human + Progressive International stuff I bought in action. Pardon the slight mess in my photos. :)

4yoz.jpg
ee72.jpg

How do u mount the magnet to the wall? And U got another tap beside your Kraus tap? :bow:

Global knives are waaay better than WMF....check them out

Not everyone will like the handle - but very good balance.

Personally prefer Shun - wood handle person. Looking at their Chinese chef knife but it is so expensive. So using a cheapo market set now to hack at stuff at home.

How do u mount the magnet to the wall? And U got another tap beside your Kraus tap? :bow:

Heh, I don't know how it was mounted cos my contractor did it for me.

As for the other tap, it's for the alkaline/ filtered/ acidic water and that explains the big blue container in the sink cos it collects the acidic water. :notti:

stmx.jpg

i opted for the wusthof knife block - contrary to what i initially thought, is shippable by amazon :good:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/47187-our-first-home-at-cck/page-34#entry777719

bear in mind that it is truly 17" in length so make sure your drawers can fit...mine was a little short so i got my dad to saw off half an inch in front and at the end, also file them smooth... :P always great to have a handyman dad... :jammin:

Hi lala81, yes can just get from iherb, but if you have other things to get from amazon to make the $125, you get free shipping, so why not. :thumbs up:

i dunno too much. I bought all this before got free shipping. my wife shared in mass order from iherb.

Have a few munchkin toys. Spoon + bowl set. No need tipper cup yet, just drinking from bottle for now.

anyway i must have bought about 150 usd worth of books for my girl. building her own personal library... :good:

Prices mostly cheaper than bookdepository.co.uk. But some still cheaper on bookdepository.

Edited by lala81

So for the air purifier buyers,

I ran the 17000 with the 100w transformer yesterday. Wanted to run it at a time when no other major appliances were operating like aircon or PC. Seemed to work well at the start.

Had to go out so left instructions with my family to run it and check if the transformer was turning hot. Apparently it tripped the circuit breaker after 1 hr or so. After reaching home, can't seem to power on the 17000. transformer still has a light. So not sure which one is spoilt. Probably the 17000, but hopefully not. :dunno:

Sigh. Well at worst, i would just have paid a very inflated price for a spare HEPA filter + prefilter lol :bleah:

another item from amazon that just got delivered, BUILT Neoprene Renzo Oven Mitt, Nolita Stripe

a9o3.jpg

this is the smaller version that only stretches to about mid forearm, not the super long version that you find here...not for people with big hands though... :sport-smiley-018:

p.s. looks a bit like a sock puppet in profile... :lol:

Edited by dragonnite