Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

lol...friend told me before he knows of someone who custom made something like this but for his cake mixer into the island...money was not an object for the guy, obviously... :notti:

oh wow! that is impressive....but i dont think i would do it for my kitchenaid..LOL

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

that's y in the end i opted to buy all my sanitary fittings locally, even tho i knew how cheap tb was...i wanted the peace of mind here, even tho my ID did comment that for taps, quite hard to break lah when i asked him if i should buy from tb or not... :sport-smiley-018:

the hansgrohe guys at the mohamed sultan side are very helpful, won't hurt to ask if they know when the next sale is going to be... :notti:

i have some time to decide but i don't think i have THAT much time...that i can wait for the next sale LOL

Is insani cheaper than buying from Singapore? Do we have to worry abt pipping being different to singapore?

Definitely cheaper. Can be 30-50% cheaper. U got and see the items then compare the price la.

I think if you sign up and register the shipping address to be in Singapore, u can see the price without the VAT. That means even cheaper!! :notti:

Shipping is around 95 Euro up to 10 kgs. Have fun! :jammin::jammin:

http://www.insani24.de/Bath-Shop

Is insani cheaper than buying from Singapore? Do we have to worry abt pipping being different to singapore?

it is cheaper. but the shipping fees are not cheap as well. i would say about 40% cheaper but if they have promotion for that particular mixer/rainshower the difference comes down.

I'm buying grohe and hansgrohe stuff.

Haha can't compare to taobao price :no:

I don't forsee installation as a problem from what i've read. as least not that i'm aware of.

But price difference a lot leh. ur kohler on taobao is 780 yuan. I'm buying one of the cheapest grohe shower system is 300 euros. :o

Definitely cheaper. Can be 30-50% cheaper. U got and see the items then compare the price la.

I think if you sign up and register the shipping address to be in Singapore, u can see the price without the VAT. That means even cheaper!! :notti:

Shipping is around 95 Euro up to 10 kgs. Have fun! :jammin::jammin:

http://www.insani24.de/Bath-Shop

Hmm...think i will go down this route..do they take long to ship if the item is in stock? Roughly how long? Any idea?

Hmm...think i will go down this route..do they take long to ship if the item is in stock? Roughly how long? Any idea?

I think should be fast cos they ship by DHL. And there will not be any connection issue cos it is from Europe.

I think should be fast cos they ship by DHL. And there will not be any connection issue cos it is from Europe.

Cool! then it will be the same speed as amazon...ok...shall go bug IDers...thanks for the awesome tip!

Good morning!

I did not watch the plumber work but he used everything except the flexible s/s hoses that came with it.

I did not have a plastic piece as well. Everything came as per my photo.

Anyway, don't panic. The plumber will probably be able to sort things out. Subscribe to my theory of positive thinking when I took the risk of buying the faucet. :sport-smiley-003:

Great job on getting the faucet and sink. Post pics when it's done. It will be beautifooooooooooo. :jammin:

Hi mad4bags,

Can I request 1 thing from u? Since you are the first to install the Kraus kitchen faucet and now you had aroused some interest. :P

Can you take some photos of the faucet's fittings and connections? It will roughly give an idea what need to be done to future Kraus faucet owner (Maybe myself included :notti: )

The more the merrier... Thanks! :bow::bow:

oh wow! that is impressive....but i dont think i would do it for my kitchenaid..LOL

Talking about kitchenaid... Vanessa, I got a friend who says that the "normal" kitchenaid (300W) type cannot do pizza dough. Did you encounter that? Which model of kitchenaid do you have?

Oh and I just saw a mayer's ad for an "expo extravaganza" this weekend at expo.... I am itching to go and see if I could get a kitchenaid mixer at a lower price, but I am weight this against vitamix 7500.... Sigh, don't know what to get!

Talking about kitchenaid... Vanessa, I got a friend who says that the "normal" kitchenaid (300W) type cannot do pizza dough. Did you encounter that? Which model of kitchenaid do you have?

Oh and I just saw a mayer's ad for an "expo extravaganza" this weekend at expo.... I am itching to go and see if I could get a kitchenaid mixer at a lower price, but I am weight this against vitamix 7500.... Sigh, don't know what to get!

I got my kitchenaid 15 years ago...it is a super heavy duty one...the bowl is about twice the size of the coloured ones they are sellin now. Can't remember the model but it has a lever to pull the bowl up or down instead of a tilt head. I have use the machine to knead bread...make pizza dough etc...when i am lazy. But the best end product is still kneading by hand...more even and you can really tell when the dough has come together and stop or else you will have a tough pizza/bread.

Vitamix is a blender...totally different usage to a mixer...depends again on your needs. What do you foresee yourself doing more?

It is really cheap... But if I'm renovating a whole house, I will spend a bit more and buy more reliable stuff.

I'm already pretty piss off when the HDB shower bar broke. I can't imagine if it leaks.

Spend a bit more to save the trouble la...

Imagine u are conducting cooking class and the mixer handle broke when a student (of course not me) turn too hard... :jawdrop::jawdrop:

Haa... Just an example...

Hey Kim...listened to your advice...and decided to spend a bit on the bathroom stuff.... decided to purchase these instead of the grohe/hansgrohe stuff. For the same price, i got these instead of the grohe ones cos dollar to dollar...for grohe...i can only get the made in Thailand ones. These are made in Italy! And Italian design :)

Really like them! Thank so much for your advice!! Wouldn't have found these otherwise!!!

FratelliFrattini-BreraSeries59054basinmi

Our taps for the three bathroom sinks! Fratelli Frattini – Brera Series (59054 basin mixer)

FratelliFrattini-BreraSeries59006Exposed

Matching shower mixer to the tap! This is for the two bathrooms upstairs…Fratelli Frattini – Brera Series 59006 Exposed shower mixer only

DeltaRainshowerColumn_zpsd8515c6e.jpg

We chose this shower system for the two bathrooms..but not the mixer. We changed it to the one at the top. We also changed the handheld to a big round one…just cos that is what we like :) Delta Rainshower Column

Hey Kim...listened to your advice...and decided to spend a bit on the bathroom stuff.... decided to purchase these instead of the grohe/hansgrohe stuff. For the same price, i got these instead of the grohe ones cos dollar to dollar...for grohe...i can only get the made in Thailand ones. These are made in Italy! And Italian design :)

Really like them! Thank so much for your advice!! Wouldn't have found these otherwise!!!

Our taps for the three bathroom sinks! Fratelli Frattini – Brera Series (59054 basin mixer)

atching shower mixer to the tap! This is for the two bathrooms upstairs…Fratelli Frattini – Brera Series 59006 Exposed shower mixer only

We chose this shower system for the two bathrooms..but not the mixer. We changed it to the one at the top. We also changed the handheld to a big round one…just cos that is what we like :) Delta Rainshower Column

Wow... love the sleek tap and mixer... good taste... :good::good:

SO u got them from insani?

Wow... love the sleek tap and mixer... good taste... :good::good:

SO u got them from insani?

yea really like the design. No...from a shop in Singapore! pricing abt the same as the basic grohe models.....got 40% off :)

Really...thank you so much for the good advice...wouldn't have seen these otherwise!

Edited by vanessa

yea really like the design. No...from a shop in Singapore! pricing abt the same as the basic grohe models.....got 40% off :)

Oh... Super lucky youuuuuu!!!