Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

So for the air purifier buyers,

I ran the 17000 with the 100w transformer yesterday. Wanted to run it at a time when no other major appliances were operating like aircon or PC. Seemed to work well at the start.

Had to go out so left instructions with my family to run it and check if the transformer was turning hot. Apparently it tripped the circuit breaker after 1 hr or so. After reaching home, can't seem to power on the 17000. transformer still has a light. So not sure which one is spoilt. Probably the 17000, but hopefully not. :dunno:

Sigh. Well at worst, i would just have paid a very inflated price for a spare HEPA filter + prefilter lol :bleah:

Dont worry. I believe it is the overheat function of the transformer. Normally it will off for half hr to 1 hr to cool down after it hit the cut off temp.

U try again. I believe it should work.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

A little bit of poison for people who want to get rid of the cumbersome knife block and save some counter space.

stmx.jpg

And the Simple Human + Progressive International stuff I bought in action. Pardon the slight mess in my photos. :)

4yoz.jpg
ee72.jpg
sgkv.jpg

great looking knife storage...do you remember the name of it?

Not everyone will like the handle - but very good balance.

Personally prefer Shun - wood handle person. Looking at their Chinese chef knife but it is so expensive. So using a cheapo market set now to hack at stuff at home.

yea knives can be a very personal choice...i actually like global because of not only the balance but the handle. I have small hands...and the handle gives me a very good grip.

Dont worry. I believe it is the overheat function of the transformer. Normally it will off for half hr to 1 hr to cool down after it hit the cut off temp.

U try again. I believe it should work.

haha no leh. i tried when i reached home abt 1.5 hrs after the trip happened. transformer feels cool to me already. Has the light on as well.

Anyway, i will buy a large wattage transformer to try 1st. Well ... lesson learnt 8|

More stuff from Amazon arrived today even though the estimated shipping date was end July!

They sent me an email on Fri saying the parcel had been sent out and it is alr here today! :jammin:

For people who golf, the Srixon balls are a third cheaper on Amazon than at Far East Shopping Centre here. :good:

esj7.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

More stuff from Amazon arrived today even though the estimated shipping date was end July!
They sent me an email on Fri saying the parcel had been sent out and it is alr here today! :jammin:
For people who golf, the Srixon balls are a third cheaper on Amazon than at Far East Shopping Centre here. :good:
esj7.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Great choice! Love the mason jars...what size did you get?

Great choice! Love the mason jars...what size did you get?

Got the quart size. Wanted the largest ones. Trying to cut down on plastics at home... :no:

Thanks but it was Kim's idea I copied actually.

Actually I think the regular shipping took me only 5 days to receive the goods. If you can get the plumber to hold off, you may be able to get the faucet in time.

I went to nose around SSC, HK and some other smaller shops. Maybe I did not dig hard and deep enough but IMO, the quality and look of the Kraus sink (plus all the extras it comes with) and faucet just can't be replicated at a similar price point in Singapore.

Before I started using the sink, I did not see the point of the grid they provide but it really rocks now that we have started using it. Everything sits nicely on top of the grid so all the soap residue just goes under the grid and gets washed away. :)

HELP HELP!!!

I could not resist, so I took the plunge & placed order for the Kraus faucet (like yrs) last Friday with fingers crossed that it will arrive not too late....to my surprise, it arrived this morning with my sink shortly after I left for work!! Woo Hoo!!

BUT my heart sank when I opened the package and found the plastic cover at the tailpiece of the faucet broken into several pieces! I also noticed that the hot & cold water copper pipes drawn in the manual were straight, but my cold water pipe is angled/bent. :(

Do you still remember how your faucet looked when it arrived in the box, before it was installed? I scrolled back to your picture and noticed that your cold water pipe also looked angled/bent, and your faucet does not seem to have that plastic cover at the tailpiece. My packaging was not damaged and everything else looks good, so I'm not sure if my faucet is actually ok or if it's damaged. The pieces of broken plastic was alarming, but I'm not sure if the broken plastic cover serves any purpose and I'm hoping that it may be just some protective cover that's meant to be removed before installation...pardon my ignorance!

Will be terok if I have to do any exchanges :(

Wanted to post a pix so you can see what I'm talking about, but paiseh, could not figure out how to do that! Hee :P

Thankfully though, the sink is BEAUTIFUL!! No regrets at all for buying this, just wished it was my original purchase, the 32", since the faucet is so huge :)

HELP HELP!!!

I could not resist, so I took the plunge & placed order for the Kraus faucet (like yrs) last Friday with fingers crossed that it will arrive not too late....to my surprise, it arrived this morning with my sink shortly after I left for work!! Woo Hoo!!

BUT my heart sank when I opened the package and found the plastic cover at the tailpiece of the faucet broken into several pieces! I also noticed that the hot & cold water copper pipes drawn in the manual were straight, but my cold water pipe is angled/bent. :(

Do you still remember how your faucet looked when it arrived in the box, before it was installed? I scrolled back to your picture and noticed that your cold water pipe also looked angled/bent, and your faucet does not seem to have that plastic cover at the tailpiece. My packaging was not damaged and everything else looks good, so I'm not sure if my faucet is actually ok or if it's damaged. The pieces of broken plastic was alarming, but I'm not sure if the broken plastic cover serves any purpose and I'm hoping that it may be just some protective cover that's meant to be removed before installation...pardon my ignorance!

Wanted to post a pix so you can see what I'm talking about, but paiseh, could not figure out how to do that! Hee :P

Thankfully though, the sink is BEAUTIFUL!! No regrets at all for buying this, just wished it was my original purchase, the 32", since the faucet is so huge :)

Good morning!

I did not watch the plumber work but he used everything except the flexible s/s hoses that came with it.

I did not have a plastic piece as well. Everything came as per my photo.

Anyway, don't panic. The plumber will probably be able to sort things out. Subscribe to my theory of positive thinking when I took the risk of buying the faucet. :sport-smiley-003:

Great job on getting the faucet and sink. Post pics when it's done. It will be beautifooooooooooo. :jammin:

HELP HELP!!!

Don't worry. I don't think the plastic cap is of any use. And the angle n straight connection will be settled by the plumber.

Just in case, u better take a photo of the broken cap and standby. Reporting the issue to amazon is easy. All of us here got experience and will be willing to help.

Please take a photo of the finish product and make us drool....

Have fun!

Good morning!

I did not watch the plumber work but he used everything except the flexible s/s hoses that came with it.

I did not have a plastic piece as well. Everything came as per my photo.

Anyway, don't panic. The plumber will probably be able to sort things out. Subscribe to my theory of positive thinking when I took the risk of buying the faucet. :sport-smiley-003:

Great job on getting the faucet and sink. Post pics when it's done. It will be beautifooooooooooo. :jammin:

Don't worry. I don't think the plastic cap is of any use. And the angle n straight connection will be settled by the plumber.

Just in case, u better take a photo of the broken cap and standby. Reporting the issue to amazon is easy. All of us here got experience and will be willing to help.

Have fun!

Thx so much guys! Erm, how do you post pix huh?? I must be very daft, still can't figure out! : /

I have sent email to Amazon last night abt the faucet, no reply yet. Strange cos they are usually quite fast. Also emailed Kraus and forwarded them the picture. Based on the picture, Kraus advised that I shd get a replacement from Amazon....so I've submitted online request for return/replacement liao.

Lucky the sink and faucet arrived much earlier than expected, and my installation got pushed back a few days. Hopefully if Amazon ships out a replacement immediately, I should still be in time for the scheduled installation. Fingers crossed!!

And KIM!!! Finally, I understand what you meant by the beautiful sound of the sink! I went around knocking a few sinks locally and they all sounded about the same, even one where the salesperson proclaimed was the best quality in her shop, so I had not understand what you were saying. Din go to the super high end shop la cos I know cannot afford, so dun want to torture myself. Yesterday I opened my Kraus, knock on it, and voila, instant revelation! :)

Got the quart size. Wanted the largest ones. Trying to cut down on plastics at home... :no:

I managed to get the half pint ones...think those are bigger...try!! LOVELY!

Have fun!

now i am tempted to get the kitchen sink faucet from Kraus/amazon too!!