Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

at last, my kitchen top and my 30" square sink installed. it is not a new cabiet, I only changed the kitchen top and sink only.

the Kraus sink quality is very good and i like the ss grid and basket strainer that came with it.

I agreed with you that Kraus sink quality is very good. Note that the there are gaps at the plastic legs for the s/s bottom grid. You need to constantly flush out food residue that will get trap.

You might want to consider putting silicon to fill up the gap to prevent fine food particles from getting trapped in the plastic legs. Later you can easily remove the old silicon using a sharp end tool and re-fill with new silicon. :sport-smiley-004:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I've been to Mayer's showroom and seen the sink.

My personal opinion is that Kraus quality is much better. The finishing and the exterior pading is much better than Mayer's.

Mayer's sink and tap bundle is attractive. I bought Kraus 32" square sink less than $690 and Song Cho stainless steel tap (the same design as Mayer's tap) at $128.

Mayer's sink is around 27" wide. Price difference is less than $300 for a wider and better quality 32" Kraus sink?? :yamseng:

Tks lyefam. But if buy from Amazon, when do I need to get ready becos I'm staying with my parents and we do not have much rooms to put all these stuffs, thus unless the shipment is fast then can consider.

Btw, is Kraus sink deep enough? I think deep sink is better so that water won't splash out.

at last, my kitchen top and my 30" square sink installed. it is not a new cabiet, I only changed the kitchen top and sink only.

the Kraus sink quality is very good and i like the ss grid and basket strainer that came with it.

7762881022_4142fb357f.jpg

7762881566_d33675033c.jpg

7762881310_19a4078613.jpg

I'm so jealous..... :furious: :furious: :furious:

U can use your SS grid.....

Thank Lyefam for the good advise.

The ss grid is very cool . Since my 30" is quite wide enough, i could put the washing sponge or small waste bin at the side of the sink and the washed water just flow below it.

Tks lyefam. But if buy from Amazon, when do I need to get ready becos I'm staying with my parents and we do not have much rooms to put all these stuffs, thus unless the shipment is fast then can consider.

Btw, is Kraus sink deep enough? I think deep sink is better so that water won't splash out.

I think if you order NOW before 2359hrs, 12 August 2012, you might get your Kraus sink by Friday, 17 August 2012. Delivery that fast??

Hey, Kraus buyers, how many business days it took for your order to deliver by DHL? Mine took 4 business days (excluding sat and sun). What about yours?? :sport-smiley-004:

Thank Lyefam for the good advise.

The ss grid is very cool . Since my 30" is quite wide enough, i could put the washing sponge or small waste bin at the side of the sink and the washed water just flow below it.

Since I can't use S/S grid for the sink, it has become a trivet for my island countertop to put hot pots, hot baking trays, even the philips air fryer is on top the grid. :sport-smiley-004:

I ordered on wednesday night it showed they shipped out on the day I ordered and reached Singapore airport on sat and I received it in on Sunday .

time for me to post some photos of my installed sink! :sport-smiley-004:

p1020976dn.jpg

ss grid in the sink :sport-smiley-018:

p1020981r.jpg

p1020982wn.jpg

Our solid surface extends out by almost 1cm and there is still plenty of room to move the grid in and out. :sport-smiley-004:

p1020981r.jpg

Our solid surface extends out by almost 1cm and there is still plenty of room to move the grid in and out. :sport-smiley-004:

Wow!! Looks good!!! :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

Wow!!! The 30" sure look good... Now torn between 23" and 30"...

But i wonder if i put my sink in line with my hob, will there be sufficient space? Knowing how small new kitchen is now...

7762881022_4142fb357f.jpg

7762881566_d33675033c.jpg

7762881310_19a4078613.jpg

Wow!!! The 30" sure look good... Now torn between 23" and 30"...

But i wonder if i put my sink in line with my hob, will there be sufficient space? Knowing how small new kitchen is now...

when I was buying my sink, I was thinking to get 23 or larger. after thinking very long and the need for some working top space due to our small kitchen, decided to go for 23. some may argue, just another 7inches only. But our kitchen really small.

Best to have a gap of say 400 - 600mm distance between sink and hob for working space. You may want to transfer some food from sink to the counter top before bringing them to the stove for cooking.

Looking good!! 

Do u find it small or just nice?

p1020976dn.jpg

p1020981r.jpg

p1020982wn.jpg

Looking good!! 

Do u find it small or just nice?

to me, it is something I can live with. I would love to have a bigger sink but space constrain so got smaller one.

Wahaha... Ur reply is faster than my question.... thanks2.... I think, i will just stick with my "1st love"... 23" kraus sink..

Now waiting for my neighbour to place order together...

Wahaha... Ur reply is faster than my question.... thanks2.... I think, i will just stick with my "1st love"... 23" kraus sink..

Now waiting for my neighbour to place order together...

If you got space to have longer sink, I encourage you to get it! :good::sport-smiley-004: