Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

Thanks Kim76, now I have a new question actually.

For those who installed an 18 inch wide Kraus sink, were your kitchen cabinet width made at around 27 inches wide? or did it still work with a 24 inch measurements?

I'm mounting a chef mixer tap on the table top and was advised to go for 27 inch width.

Hi Potato, I can share my experience regarding the need for a wider sink cabinet.

It could be a space buffer between the hob and the sink where you can do some food preparation or food ingedients in plates/bowls ready to be cooked. It is a practical reason for this buffer.

Ask your contractor why are they going for 27"? 24" seems enough but the extra inch does no harm though. :thumbs up:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I received my Kraus 23inch sink yesterday. I must say the sink quality is very very good! even better than the ones I saw at the sanitary stores at IMM. :good:

img201205032302001.jpg

img201205032304091.jpg

Hi, may i know the serial number for this sink u bought? Am contemplating between round n square kraus sink. Will place order together with my fellow neighbour but he's ordering the 30"...

img201205032313171.jpg

I think the standard kitchen cabinet's depth is 600mm. There are plenty of space to install a typical kitchen tap.

Your cabinet contractor would have to cut out the the holes for your sink and tap.

Next your countertop contractor would do the on-site measurements. Within a week's time, the countertop would be delivered with cut holes and your sink (undermount or topmount) have to be present for mounting.

Next the plumber would come to do the final tap installation and water piping inspection. :yamseng:

I was contemplating getting a grohe kitchen faucet from Amazon too. But I am holding back as I worry i'll have a problem on fitting and sizing problem later on.

Did everyone get their faucet from Singapore? Only after installing the sink and kitchen framework up ?

My sink will arrive end of Aug. But no problem for me it's still in time for reno. which hasn't even started.

Thanks for the reply... Hmm, y do u need to purchase the basket strainer? What is it for?

Must we purchase the garbage disposable flange and stopper kit or can we just buy the sink AND the basket strainer?

Thankd for answering my queries... :)

I bought this sink :sport-smiley-004:

23" round sink

However, it does not comes with basket strainer. comes with normal one. So I bought the basket strainer separately.

Edited by Sygnur

Thanks for the reply... Hmm, y do u need to purchase the basket strainer? What is it for?

Must we purchase the garbage disposable flange and stopper kit or can we just buy the sink AND the basket strainer?

Thankd for answering my queries... :)

Actually it's a personal preference. I had been using basket strainer at my current home for more than 10 years and find it very useful. Trapping food waste at the same time allowing water to drain away without choking it and having to clear it in the middle of a wash.

Only pity about this model is very much smaller than the one i am using now.but i can make do with it.

Enjoy your purchase! Cheers

Actually it's a personal preference. I had been using basket strainer at my current home for more than 10 years and find it very useful. Trapping food waste at the same time allowing water to drain away without choking it and having to clear it in the middle of a wash.

Only pity about this model is very much smaller than the one i am using now.but i can make do with it.

Enjoy your purchase! Cheers

Hi,

Can I check if you bought the basket strainer and strainer set or just the basket strainer ? Errr...is the former necessary at all ?

Thx !

Edited by dragonnite

Another silly question to ask... Will any kind of tap do for the kraus sink? Like the pozzi tap herbal teh got from lite fusion?

Or will the choice of tap be limited?

Hi,

Can I check if you bought the basket strainer and strainer set or just the basket strainer ? Errr...is the former necessary at all ?

Thx !

If yyou want the basket strainer just get that one will do. The normal strainer is not necessary. Some sinks comes with a basket strainer some just normal ones.do check the description before you purchase

Another silly question to ask... Will any kind of tap do for the kraus sink? Like the pozzi tap herbal teh got from lite fusion?

Or will the choice of tap be limited?

I believe any tap to your liking will do.

I believe any tap to your liking will do.

Ehh ? My friend was telling me cannot buy any tap cos there's an optimal distance from the tap head to your sink, typically the middle ? I also don't remember distinctly but she told me to measure it cos if the distance is too near to the edge of your sink, you probably won't be able to wash your stuff properly or be constrained by that.

Btw, anyone has pictures of the mounted 23" round sink to share ? I'm curious to compare how it looks compared to the square one.

Thx !

Edited by dragonnite

Ehh ? My friend was telling me cannot buy any tap cos there's an optimal distance from the tap head to your sink, typically the middle ? I also don't remember distinctly but she told me to measure it cos if the distance is too near to the edge of your sink, you probably won't be able to wash your stuff properly or be constrained by that.

Btw, anyone has pictures of the mounted 23" round sink to share ? I'm curious to compare how it looks compared to the square one.

Thx !

To me, my optimum is to have my tap outlet slightly backward from the middle of the sink. Tap outlet in the middle i prefer to have it taller in order to maneuver big pots into the sink. Usually no issues for any taps. It's up to your preferences. To me i like tall taps cos i can move my pots in and out easier.

I haven't mount my round sink to the solid surface yet but you can Google the image or visit Kraus website for a feel.

Speaking of feel, it's best to go to showroom in, i.e.IMM to have a feel of the tap you prefer.

of course, you should not choose a toilet tap to use for your kitchen tap la.. :P

Edited by yokechye

Will try to post some photos after installation ...cheers!!

at last, my kitchen top and my 30" square sink installed. it is not a new cabiet, I only changed the kitchen top and sink only.

the Kraus sink quality is very good and i like the ss grid and basket strainer that came with it.

7762881022_4142fb357f.jpg

7762881566_d33675033c.jpg

7762881310_19a4078613.jpg

Hi,

Anyone used Mayer kitchen sink before? The quality seems not bad and not that ex, thinking should I go for Mayer or Blanco.

MayerKitchensink.jpg

Hi,

Anyone used Mayer kitchen sink before? The quality seems not bad and not that ex, thinking should I go for Mayer or Blanco.

MayerKitchensink.jpg

I've been to Mayer's showroom and seen the sink.

My personal opinion is that Kraus quality is much better. The finishing and the exterior pading is much better than Mayer's.

Mayer's sink and tap bundle is attractive. I bought Kraus 32" square sink less than $690 and Song Cho stainless steel tap (the same design as Mayer's tap) at $128.

Mayer's sink is around 27" wide. Price difference is less than $300 for a wider and better quality 32" Kraus sink?? :yamseng: