Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

Yaya!! :sport-smiley-004: Copy lyefam.....

Later I realised the s/s bottom grid plastic legs got gaps. So imagine if you put the grid into the sink, the small food particles would get trapped and you spend time washing and digging them out. Take a close look on the plastic legs to know why.

So lucky me and those who copy me would have escape the problem. :sport-smiley-004:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ummm, want to ask if anyone knows why there is such a big price difference between the 2 23" Kraus sinks - kbu12 (round) vs khu101 (square) ? I checked on Amazon, the price is USD170 vs USD330 respectively, discount percentage is the same at 57%. :dunno:

Incidentally, anyone bought their bathroom sinks ? Very swee leh ... :dribble:

Kraus bathroom sink with waterfall faucet

Ummm, want to ask if anyone knows why there is such a big price difference between the 2 23" Kraus sinks - kbu12 (round) vs khu101 (square) ? I checked on Amazon, the price is USD170 vs USD330 respectively, discount percentage is the same at 57%. :dunno:

According to what was found online, it requires more work to create a square or rectangle sink as compared to the conventional round edge sinks. That's the reason for the price difference.

For those who purchased Kraus sink, could you share when will be a good time to purchase it? Is it before you start your reno works or midway but must be delivered before final measurements for your carpentry? Did anyone went old school and did a concrete slab for the sink area?

According to what was found online, it requires more work to create a square or rectangle sink as compared to the conventional round edge sinks. That's the reason for the price difference.

For those who purchased Kraus sink, could you share when will be a good time to purchase it? Is it before you start your reno works or midway but must be delivered before final measurements for your carpentry? Did anyone went old school and did a concrete slab for the sink area?

I purchased mine before I start reno. The dimension provided online on Kraus sink is accurate and the contractor can use it for measurements. But my contractor want the actual sink to be around when doing final measurements. Just in case I think.

Me no old sch. No concrete slab. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi, like what potato said, square sink requires more works and steps to make. So the steep cost.

Their bathroom sinks are chio right? I bought Kohler sink for my bathroom so I cant comment on that.

Maybe you can buy and start a new thread on Kraus bathroom sinks? :yamseng: :yamseng:

Hi, like what potato said, square sink requires more works and steps to make. So the steep cost.

Their bathroom sinks are chio right? I bought Kohler sink for my bathroom so I cant comment on that.

Maybe you can buy and start a new thread on Kraus bathroom sinks? :yamseng: :yamseng:

I give up on glass bathroom sink :blink: cos my fren asked me if I will put makeup in the bathroom and my answer is yes. She said her fren who also does that dropped her foundation bottle into her glass sink and kenna chipped - cos of the angle and velocity etc. Needless to say, gotta replace the whole sink... :wacko:

Of course, can argue about quality and thickness of glass etc but I rather not take the risk...very sim tiah... :~

So give up on glass sinks in general liow :lol:

Thanks Kim76, now I have a new question actually.

For those who installed an 18 inch wide Kraus sink, were your kitchen cabinet width made at around 27 inches wide? or did it still work with a 24 inch measurements?

I'm mounting a chef mixer tap on the table top and was advised to go for 27 inch width.

Edited by potat0

Thanks Kim76, now I have a new question actually.

For those who installed an 18 inch wide Kraus sink, were your kitchen cabinet width made at around 27 inches wide? or did it still work with a 24 inch measurements?

I'm mounting a chef mixer tap on the table top and was advised to go for 27 inch width.

I am not sure of my cabinet width and I am in Poland now for 2 weeks so I cant check. Maybe the rest can help you?

Your kitchen sound solid... remember to post some photos for us to :dribble: :dribble:

hi herbalteh,

How much did you get this tap for?

forgotten...i think close to 100...if i rem correctly.

if u shop around..the prices around there one.. just rem to bargain..saying that u seen it elsewhere selling a few dollars cheaper.

most of the time, u will get a discount.

sorry for late reply

Err.... As you can see from the photo... The kitchen is still not fully complete. The plumber has yet to install the drainage piping.

But I believe the Klaus will not have this problem as the centre hole is sloped down as seen in the 1st photo.

Maybe I can update this next week...... :yamseng:

hi bro..

do u experience food trap at corners using a square sink?

thanks.

I am not sure of my cabinet width and I am in Poland now for 2 weeks so I cant check. Maybe the rest can help you?

Your kitchen sound solid... remember to post some photos for us to :dribble: :dribble:

Definitely will when the reno gets started.

Now it's still in hunting and sourcing for contractors/ID phase.

hi bro..

do u experience food trap at corners using a square sink?

thanks.

A bit. I just use water to rinse the side and all the food will go to the waste cage. Not too bad I think.

Hi, another one bites the Kraus dust! :D But although I bought the same 23inch as Kim76, I hope I can still fit in the kitchen tap. Kim76, what's your countertop width or depth? 600mm? The space left for the tap looks so tight!

Hi, another one bites the Kraus dust! :D But although I bought the same 23inch as Kim76, I hope I can still fit in the kitchen tap. Kim76, what's your countertop width or depth? 600mm? The space left for the tap looks so tight!

I think the standard kitchen cabinet's depth is 600mm. There are plenty of space to install a typical kitchen tap.

Your cabinet contractor would have to cut out the the holes for your sink and tap.

Next your countertop contractor would do the on-site measurements. Within a week's time, the countertop would be delivered with cut holes and your sink (undermount or topmount) have to be present for mounting.

Next the plumber would come to do the final tap installation and water piping inspection. :yamseng: