Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

Hi, I bought my kitchen sink online from Amazon too! I chosen an under-mount sink from Kohler. :P

It comes with a few very useful accessories, like a flip tray and cutting board and the grid. the cutting board sits on the sink so that when you are cutting meat and so on, the juice runs right into the sink.

I, too was concerned about the moldy silicone gel, but for things to work we need to have the edge flushed with the sink, so I told the solid top people to spread a very wide band of silicon gel around the sink when they install the top and wipe off all excess from exposed area so that there is no silicon gel for mold to grow on. So far that seem to work (8 months already). But I still wipe dry after each use if I can remember.

Here, is the intro video on the sink:

Here is how it looks in my kitchen.

imagewry.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, I bought my kitchen sink online from Amazon too! I chosen an under-mount sink from Kohler. :P

It comes with a few very useful accessories, like a flip tray and cutting board and the grid. the cutting board sits on the sink so that when you are cutting meat and so on, the juice runs right into the sink.

I, too was concerned about the moldy silicone gel, but for things to work we need to have the edge flushed with the sink, so I told the solid top people to spread a very wide band of silicon gel around the sink when they install the top and wipe off all excess from exposed area so that there is no silicon gel for mold to grow on. So far that seem to work (8 months already). But I still wipe dry after each use if I can remember.

I can't command and control my other 7 family members (especially my 6 kids and their friends)to wipe dry after use. :~

I might add that it is impossible to prevent the algae from entrenching itself in a designated wet area like the sink. Even the colour of the exposed silicone will change over time. :D

I received my Kraus 23inch sink yesterday. I must say the sink quality is very very good! even better than the ones I saw at the sanitary stores at IMM. :good:

img201205032302001.jpg

img201205032304091.jpg

img201205032313171.jpg

Edited by yokechye

I received my Kraus 23inch sink yesterday. I must say the sink quality is very very good! even better than the ones I saw at the sanitary stores at IMM. :good:

Welcome to the Kraus purchased memebers club. :sport-smiley-004:

Another happy buyer. :dancingqueen:

Here is how it looks in my kitchen.

imagewry.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That is a very nice looking sink you got there!!! :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

I believe it must be more than $1K for this sink. How do you ship to Singapore? Does Amazon ship direct?

Btw, how long is the length of the sink? :yamseng:

img201205032313171.jpg

Ahhhh.... U got the round one.....

I got the 23" square one

U got the 23" round one

lyefam got the 32" square one

Any one buying the double basin one?? :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Ahhhh.... U got the round one.....

I got the 23" square one

U got the 23" round one

lyefam got the 32" square one

Any one buying the double basin one?? :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

wanted to get the square one but wifey dun like square :P

actually I should have gotten the 30" instead... but to save some counter space due to small kitchen so got the smaller one. :sport-smiley-018:

wanted to get the square one but wifey dun like square :P

actually I should have gotten the 30" instead... but to save some counter space due to small kitchen so got the smaller one. :sport-smiley-018:

That what I thought too.... I choose 30" at first but after I did some measurement of my kitchen, decided to get 23" to be safe.

Btw, your place is new? or resale? cos new flat really super small kitchen....

That what I thought too.... I choose 30" at first but after I did some measurement of my kitchen, decided to get 23" to be safe.

Btw, your place is new? or resale? cos new flat really super small kitchen....

Mine new place. I must agree that new hdb kitchen is very small. Short n narrow. Hardly any counter space for food preparartion

That is a very nice looking sink you got there!!! :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

I believe it must be more than $1K for this sink. How do you ship to Singapore? Does Amazon ship direct?

Btw, how long is the length of the sink? :yamseng:

Thank you! I wanted to get a sink where I can place the cutting board over, as my hubby cooks a lot and he is very careless and untidy and usually messes up the whole kitchen top. The first sink we wanted to buy was a Blanco sink from Hoe Kee, but it comes with a price tag of close to $3000.00 and the bowl is on the wrong side and doesn't include the accessories. :jawdrop:

When I found this on the internet, and Amazon does ship it direct, we bought it immediately.

I paid around US$1,000.00 for it, don't have the exact breakdown because I bought more than 1 item. the sink itself is US$787.50.

There are 2 sizes, the 1 featured in the video is 45 inches long, I bought the smaller one at 33inches (about 840mm) but the bowl is about 500mm, so I guess you need a cabinet width of at least 550mm.

It comes with a rack to be attached under the sink so that you can keep all the accessories that com with the sink. But to use the rack, you will need a cabinet width of 850mm, I think.

stages33.th.jpg

The sink you bought looks really good, the padding around is much better than the 1 I've got. Good value for money! :thumbs up:

I always enjoy buying over the internet, because when you buy over the net either it is because you are getting a great saving or you are getting something that is not available locally, and the excitement waiting for it to arrive! Like a young child waiting for Santa to arrive. :yamseng:

Edited by toonie

My solid top was fitted onto my sink today. Now is the sneak preview......

The plumbing will be done the next day or day after. But you can see the 2nd tap outlet with blue valve hanging on the right side of the sink.

singapore2012050700005.jpg

I took the picture of the underside of the sink to show you the 10mm protruding edge. The picture is taken "upside down". Note the silicone will be hidden from sight.

singapore2012050700004.jpg

More update to come.....

Thank you! I wanted to get a sink where I can place the cutting board over, as my hubby cooks a lot and he is very careless and untidy and usually messes up the whole kitchen top. The first sink we wanted to buy was a Blanco sink from Hoe Kee, but it comes with a price tag of close to $3000.00 and the bowl is on the wrong side and doesn't include the accessories. :jawdrop:

When I found this on the internet, and Amazon does ship it direct, we bought it immediately.

I paid around US$1,000.00 for it, don't have the exact breakdown because I bought more than 1 item. the sink itself is US$787.50.

There are 2 sizes, the 1 featured in the video is 45 inches long, I bought the smaller one at 33inches (about 840mm) but the bowl is about 500mm, so I guess you need a cabinet width of at least 550mm.

It comes with a rack to be attached under the sink so that you can keep all the accessories that com with the sink. But to use the rack, you will need a cabinet width of 850mm, I think.

stages33.th.jpg

The sink you bought looks really good, the padding around is much better than the 1 I've got. Good value for money! :thumbs up:

I always enjoy buying over the internet, because when you buy over the net either it is because you are getting a great saving or you are getting something that is not available locally, and the excitement waiting for it to arrive! Like a young child waiting for Santa to arrive. :yamseng:

US$1K is good deal! Did you find out the local Kohler price for your sink? If you know the price, I believe it will make u feel even better.. haa... I also got a Kohler bathroom sink from Amazon that is easily only 30% of the local price including shipping.... If you check out my blog at the T-blog section, u will see that I bought a lots of stuff amazon... My wife complain that I bought too much.. haa...

And I totally agreed on the waiting for the present to arrive part!! :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

My solid top was fitted onto my sink today. Now is the sneak preview......

The plumbing will be done the next day or day after. But you can see the 2nd tap outlet with blue valve hanging on the right side of the sink.

singapore2012050700005.jpg

More update to come.....

Looking good!!!! :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Will be camping here to wait for your update.... :yamseng: