Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

What is the biggest EM around. I saw once a flat released by HDB very unique with some sort of family area on the second floor in Sin Ming Avenue 186sqm but labelled as EM.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
What is the biggest EM around. I saw once a flat released by HDB very unique with some sort of family area on the second floor in Sin Ming Avenue 186sqm but labelled as EM.

not too sure but I know that Sin Ming Ave's exec flats has got one of the biggest floor area around other than those HUDC floor area. The area also looks not bad in terms of Feng Shui as its like on hill top. Hubby been to one of those EM (he still wondering why its called EM) to help a friend's friend to shift house. All the rooms, living room, kitchen....all on 1st storey. No balcony (maybe owner had extended into living room)....1st storey is considered huge then there's a staircase leading to 2nd floor...which is like a small corridor aka storeroom as that's where the family kept all their stuff so 2nd floor actually nothing much.

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to this site and bought a resale EM in Bishan in Jan. Reno is underway right now - in fact handing over on Apr 10 - so we can't wait. it's great to see the wonderful pictures that many of you have shared on your EMs - i hope ot share mine in the next post! Didn't take much photos during our site visits as we have 2 young boys. May i know if there's anyone out there who would recommend a mover? Understand that there are some movers who will pack and unpack for you. Are they more expensive? Anyone with experience can share?

Hello!

It's been a long long time since i last posted on this forum....so glad to see that it's still v much alive.

Hi Huff puff,

Another bishan EM'r wh block r u in? We may be neighbours :sport-smiley-018:

How much did u pay for your unit?

Any Em owners did an overhaul of your whole unit? How much did the reno costs?

at first i wanted to, but the quotes i got in Jan 08 were like 55K for a basic overhaul (ie without a lot of carpentry work). In the end, prioritised needs and wants vs budget and trimmed the renow down to about 35K for a semi overhaul.

I suspect that prices would have increased by about 10-20% now. Good thing i signed contract early coz reno only starting in June 2008.

can see my blog for the breakdown of the quote.

almost fainted when i received the quote to overhaul the whole place.....S$130K!:lol:!! OMG

$130k??? gosh i will also faint :sport-smiley-004: must be a v major overhaul!

at first i wanted to, but the quotes i got in Jan 08 were like 55K for a basic overhaul (ie without a lot of carpentry work). In the end, prioritised needs and wants vs budget and trimmed the renow down to about 35K for a semi overhaul.

I suspect that prices would have increased by about 10-20% now. Good thing i signed contract early coz reno only starting in June 2008.

can see my blog for the breakdown of the quote.

i think $35k for a semi overhual is q reasonable. i did mine for around that price and still manage to get all the floor changed and carpentry for living area, kitchen and MBR. One thing I realised is that contractors tend to mark up so if u get some of the stuff directly fr the supplier, it can also save u a bit more money.

$130k??? gosh i will also faint :dancingqueen: must be a v major overhaul!

i think $35k for a semi overhual is q reasonable. i did mine for around that price and still manage to get all the floor changed and carpentry for living area, kitchen and MBR. One thing I realised is that contractors tend to mark up so if u get some of the stuff directly fr the supplier, it can also save u a bit more money.

did u re-do all the 3 toilets?

did u re-do all the 3 toilets?

i did flooring and changing all accessories for kitchen toilet and 3/4 overhaul on the other 2.

Hi All,

Am new here.

Just went for my 1st appt,....completion on 14th May.

EM at Hougang.

Need all your help and advise.

cheers

Hi All,

Am new here.

Just went for my 1st appt,....completion on 14th May.

EM at Hougang.

Need all your help and advise.

cheers

Hi Jessie,

which part of Hougang? Me at Ave 7 :bow:

Hi all,

I'm newbie, recently just bought my EM in the resale market. Actually, signed the OTP not long ago and will be expecting to close S&P in about 3 months time. Tot that it will be the right time to search for a contrator/ID.

congrats and welcome. so where's your EM located?

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to this site and bought a resale EM in Bishan in Jan. Reno is underway right now - in fact handing over on Apr 10 - so we can't wait. it's great to see the wonderful pictures that many of you have shared on your EMs - i hope ot share mine in the next post! Didn't take much photos during our site visits as we have 2 young boys. May i know if there's anyone out there who would recommend a mover? Understand that there are some movers who will pack and unpack for you. Are they more expensive? Anyone with experience can share?

looking forward to seeing your pics.

Hi all,

I also got an EM at hougang! i am also redoing the floors and both toliets upstairs...

but i do not need to do the kitchens, stairs.

Wondering if i can do it below 20k.. any idea?

:sport-smiley-004:

Hi all,

I also got an EM at hougang! i am also redoing the floors and both toliets upstairs...

but i do not need to do the kitchens, stairs.

Wondering if i can do it below 20k.. any idea?

:sport-smiley-004:

wow, more and more EM owners in Hougang coming onboard. Where's your EM?

probably should be able to keep it within your budget if its just floors and 2 toilets.

almost fainted when i received the quote to overhaul the whole place.....S$130K!:(!! OMG

WHAT!:good: Ok, i'm getting abit worried now.. Do you have a lot of special requirements? How come so much?? Do you mind PM me your quotation?? I'm waiting for the quotes from IDs now.. I hope i dun get a heart attack..

the kitchen is so small..i wonder where to place the washing machine...

I thought most EMs' kitchen size quite alright leh.. But I'm also playing around the idea of sectioning the utility room to have a laundry room, but 1 ID brought up to me that it's very troublesome to bring the wet clothes to the bamboo poles there to hang.. which I thought makes sense.. so I dropped the idea.

wow, more and more EM owners in Hougang coming onboard. Where's your EM?

probably should be able to keep it within your budget if its just floors and 2 toilets.

When I was searching for a unit, I notice Hougang is one of the estates with lots of EM units compare to others.