Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
snappy

About Altar

Still very confuse about monks and taoists.

Monks believe in no God, Taoists worship many Gods.

Pls study concept of "empowerment", will give you some light. WHO(why he has "power"?)can empower who and what.....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi thanks for commenting. :)

She did all sorts of things to chase that old lady's spirit away. She even screamed at the old lady in the middle of the night when she pinched the toes of my brother inlaw & herself. And she's a real peeping Tom when anybody uses the mbr toilet.

After screaming, things were peaceful for about 1 week plus then this horrible old lady came back with a crazy vengeance. She did all kinds of things including sending dining table crashing to the floor.

It got so bad that the neighbours nearby put up talisman & religious gadgets above their doors. The worse part was a regular postman whose a Malay uncle remarked that when he delivered a parcel to one of my nieces whose always buying things online, he saw an old lady sitting at the sofa looking at him. But not responding when he told her to sign for the parcel. :(

Eventually, my sister inlaw found this taoist medium with a home shrine in a landed property at Joo Chiat, somewhere behind the dumpling store at Everitt Road. She is pretty well known as the "bai yi gu niang" (lady in white) medium.

She was being driven to my sis inlaw's flat in hougang at about 6 plus in the evening & she wasn't in trance. Jux like us normal folks.

My sis inlaw told me that she started by burning 3 joss sticks & talking in a funny language to the Tua pekong. Then, she entered the mbr, left door opened & started talking in hokkien, teochew & all of a sudden switched to Chinese.

My sis inlaw & her hubby didn't see anybody but she saw that the medium was standing near the centre and talking to nobody towards the direction of the mbr toilet. :(

Then the old lady complained that she had no "kuo lu qian" to bribe her way to where she's supposed to go. The medium told her never to return to disturb anybody once she takes the $$ and go.

My sis inlaw followed her instructions, and went down & burn the paper $$ and offerings to her. She said that it was a blood chilling moment becox there was very very strong wind while she was burning.

To be very frank, I didn't believe in the "guo lu qian" thing until I heard about this story & what happened to another freak accident case I think in Clementi. The son died there as he was being ran over. Then he appealed to his father on his sufferings & eventually, a few coffee drinkers nearby caught a glimpse of his shadowy self loitering along the road... And seems to be weeping. :( it's scary & sad!

Back to my sis inlaw's flat, it's been 4-5 years already & seems like it is peaceful but her flat remains dim. All her 3 kids are mainstream degree holders, of whom one of them is a government scholar.

hi, very enlightening. So your opinion is dark colours likely to bring such things?

The freak accident was in clementi Ave 6? Poly student?

So which law you talking about?

It took me quite some time to consider if to response. Let me share from heart. I only aware of the "LAW" in recent yr....., hard to describe in words, btw i try.

The "LAW" that I was referring to is LIKE a mirror, but not exactly a mirror. ONLY 3 reactions one would response AFTER looking at the mirror.

1. Am I that bad looking? Walk away and DO nothing to the "look".

2. I am so "swee", see here look there, walk away and DO nothing to the "look".

3. Hair a bit messy, comb it, collar not straight, adjust it, then walk away.

Understand? James understood the "LAW" some 2000 yrs ago.

You know a lot :good: :good: Ask your opinion, so guanyin can chase away spirits? Or must use others?

Hehe thanks for thinking so highly of me :) my sis inlaw scenario was a medium who negotiated with the old lady's spirit to ask her to leave. But the medium wasn't in trance. All she did was to speak to the old lady in the mbr. I think she had the yin yang eye.

I don't really know what is done to invite them to leave. But before any owners shifted in to stay at a place, say if there are already spirits staying in there, their mentality is such that their "homes" or territories are invaded by these new owners suddenly. They simply got upset & angry.

hi, very enlightening. So your opinion is dark colours likely to bring such things?

The freak accident was in clementi Ave 6? Poly student?

Yes and this tends to apply to homes which don't receive much natural lighting even during the day.

About that freak accident, I need to check with my relative becox I heard from him & my ex-neighbours. He works around there. I got scared after hearing the story :(

Edited by edenstrauss

my altar has hindu deities and thai gods together. used to have thai monk statues too. but too cramp so relocated the monks. only have 1 incense pot tho for all the gods. but individual cups of water.

May I know if custom alter into 2 shelves, top shelf for 大伯公 and bottom for ancestor tablet, is it ok? This way can save some space for my living room.

In my personal opninion, it is best to place them side by side apart. If you put them on top of one another, you are 'ranking' them and it is not advisable.

In my personal opninion, it is best to place them side by side apart. If you put them on top of one another, you are 'ranking' them and it is not advisable.

Noted! Thanks for the advise =)

my altar has hindu deities and thai gods together. used to have thai monk statues too. but too cramp so relocated the monks. only have 1 incense pot tho for all the gods. but individual cups of water.

Can all different gods be put together? How big is your altar? do your have a gap in between?

Can all different gods be put together? How big is your altar? do your have a gap in between?

all on the same level. placed together. 3 ft wide.

all on the same level. placed together. 3 ft wide.

I don't pray wanah, just curious...some kakis also like you but got steps for different gods one. How come yours no need?

Hi folks,

Since we're in the midst of discussing altars & arrangement of deities, I would like to share photographs of my newly acquired rosewood altar with an inlay of intricacies crafted using genuine & supposedly good quality oyster shells.

7453555528_4164bb8f3f.jpg

This is another snapshot of the basic arrangements of prayer accessories on the rosewood altar :

7453556510_3135ef0c6b_z.jpg

The accessories (with the exception of the vase) were bought from a wholesaler based in Singapore.

This is another snapshot of the basic arrangements of prayer accessories on the rosewood altar :

7453556510_3135ef0c6b_z.jpg

The accessories (with the exception of the vase) were bought from a wholesaler based in Singapore.

Do they sell altar in white?