Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think it will be fine after furnishing is put in~ the short feeling won't be so noticeable.

hee hopefully! i think i can accept it ba.. :D didn't really notice it till husband pointed out..i was more concerned about the shade and grout lines..

I agreed that with the furnishings in place, you wont really notice the shortness unless you have a huge empty area

thanks thanks! guess it's really true la..really not much space left after furniture.. :notti:

Dear, I like ur flooring!!!! I whatsapp K to tell him I like ur floor.. Then he replied me "你又来 !" he feared I want to add Reno to my house again hahaha.. But like like like.. Can whole house looks like timber flooring.. Classy...

Edited by pinkwhale

Dear, I like ur flooring!!!! I whatsapp K to tell him I like ur floor.. Then he replied me "你有来 !" he feared I want to add Reno to my house again hahaha.. But like like like.. Can whole house looks like timber flooring.. Classy...

hahaha..so funny..later u ask him hack and do flooring he :bangwall:

yea so far quite like it..looking forward to the results though..he said today may finish whole rooms and corridor le.. :sport-smiley-004: tmr go see..air-con trunking coming..

Looking great! Have u tried walking bare foot? Haha

Oh, was there a prob joining to the toilet floor tiles? Another ID warned me that the floor is not really even...

Looking great! Have u tried walking bare foot? Haha

Oh, was there a prob joining to the toilet floor tiles? Another ID warned me that the floor is not really even...

ahh i went down today but didn't really notice the floor tiles' joining with the toilet..i don't think there's an issue..if the person laying tiles is good, he should have measured it properly to level both tiles? it's the same for all BTO flats right? ay take note of the tiles and bomb shelter door..my colleague's contractor laid the flooring till they can't open the bomb shelter door and had to hack and redo that area..

I did try to walk barefoot, it feels alright, didn't feel any unevenness..but quite dirty now :P

Day 18

7425788514_051edcc43b_z.jpg

Flooring continues.

Day 19

7425788758_e0d3194abb_z.jpg

7425789000_4043ebacba_z.jpg

Flooring was finished on Day 19!

Day 20

Air-con guy came to do piping.

7425789248_9fac75907c_z.jpg

Piping through the rooms.

7425789562_e916177277_z.jpg

Piping all the way to the MBR's air-con ledge. Pipings are not pretty things. ;)

Week 3 concluded

It has been another productive week, and I suppose that most works should be completed by next week. :dancingqueen: We've finally got the permit to hack the walls between the kitchen and service yard and it's coming down next week! :sport-smiley-004:

The house has become more messy these 2 days after flooring was up. House is partially covered with protection paper with materials for false ceiling around.

7425792966_606ba499b9_z.jpg

The entrance. Slopped for easy wheelchair (and future pram) access.

7425791078_d26e5abebf_z.jpg

Guest room's flooring and skirting is done!

7425796702_7b8b54a6a2_z.jpg

MBR flooring and skirting also done.

7425794796_c964e0f1d5_z.jpg

Living room has become a war zone yet again. Tilers hard at work on a Saturday afternoon.

7425799042_01aec6ca4b_z.jpg

Skirting in the corridor in progress.

Looking forward to next week! :D

Edited by theitsybits

Shopping.

We went shopping at the furniture mall today, in hopes of finding the perfect bed and buying the sofa.

This was the first thing I fell in love with - so cute! I'm so going to get one of these to hold my tissues.

7425800444_09c27b5a43_z.jpg

And the second thing I fell in love was this. It was really love at first sight. Everything was right. From the legs, to the dimensions, to the color and comfort. It totally goes with my theme. :jawdrop:

7425801480_f530c14fb4_z.jpg

I went with the intention to choose my Wynn sofa fabric and order the sofa. But after seeing this, Wynn's sofa just looked...boring. It's just me, I've been looking for THE sofa but was resigned with getting something ordinary as I prefer something comfortable. While mid-century sofas are beautiful, they usually don't look comfortable to lounge in. In short, I bought it and forfeited my Wynn deposit. It was on promotion and only cost $990 with detachable covers. Even when I add my Wynn deposit as a cost, my sofa cost $1290 vs Wynn's $2380. Though I lost my $300 deposit, I still felt like I 'saved' $1,000.

Anyone who wants to get Wynn's sofa and would like to buy over my deposit? I'm willing to let of my $300 go at half-price. :P

7425802244_3f78bef67c_z.jpg

The third thing I feel in love with today is this bench for my dining table. I've been looking for benches with such legs to go with my dining table, and almost took the plunge to custom-make one from Lorgans. This is less than half-price of what Lorgan's cost. 165cm for $399.

7273831210_1c2ef6afe3_z.jpg

By the way, this is my dining table.

7273830234_b306d8caea_z.jpg

And this is my sideboard to be place opposite my brick wall and opposite my dining table.

We've also bought a 46" Samsung Full HD-3D-Smart Tv (whatever that means) 6600 for $2499 at Courts promotion today. Free Samsung 7.0 Tab. The husband spent like 45 minutes talking to the sales guy about TV while I looked at every single thing in Courts. ;)

With this, we've bought almost 90% of the living room furniture and I'm really pleased because I love every single piece and think that it goes well with my theme. Affordable too!

Edited by theitsybits