Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
san20sg

Renovating A Geylang Apartment

hai my contractor is not the very conscientious type I had to coordinate much of his subcontractors myself. but i can't complain much as i have no other contractor friend (my renovations are so rushed as my baby is almost coming out already) - his rates are ok, he doesn't rip me off & run off with my money like that kane oh renotalk is complaining about.

ok will go see tonight.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

sans20sg, relax abit. i can feel ur frustrations and if i can feel it, imagine how much ur baby can feel it esp. u are already in last trimester!

a happy mummy = a happy baby.

its 100% true.. so please dont get too agitated ok? :yamseng:

as for the leaking showerhead, i agree with taichipanda. the plumber should test and check. my plumber checked every installation and left the water running for a while then cap the sink hole to ensure no leakage.

u should insist on the plumber to come back and check because they charged u for these installations and thus should ensure that all done nicely. take care!

Hi san20sg, I can understand the frustration you have. Having to cope with pregnancy and reno at the same time is no joke. If possible, try to take things one step at a time and don't overstress yourself. Cheerios and looking forward to seeing your completed house soon. :)

hai the packaging box already threw away. regret getting my contractor to do this job but then it might have been worse with someone else. at least he is honest (didn't bug me for $$ all the time), though not very service-oriented & organised, his planning is quite messy.

i really have no choice given the limited time & resources i have. it is our fault lah we didn't do our homework before that properly.

Edited by san20sg

hai the packaging box already threw away. regret getting my contractor to do this job but then it might have been worse with someone else. at least he is honest (didn't bug me for $$ all the time), though not very service-oriented & organised, his planning is quite messy.

i really have no choice given the limited time & resources i have. it is our fault lah we didn't do our homework before that properly.

Dun hai la sans20sg.

Every step in the reno is a learning experience lor.

Good or bad experience, just remember the lesson learnt lor.

I also kena bluff by my contractor at certain point.

1st time doing reno also.

Part & parcel of reno progress. LOL :sport-smiley-004:

Next time reno for your new house, u & ur baby will be a smarter person when dealing with reno liao. LOL

Again, its my 0.2 cent worth of opinion. :sport-smiley-004:

yaloh, stressful dealing with contractors siah but as i said, my main contractor's just messy & disorganised, not too bad at heart.

his subcontractors are not too bad, except for the tiling subcontractor who hires 2 china man who are really lazy & delays the works for quite some time, never cleans up the place & washes down the sand/cement water down the drainage pipes in the toilets & clogs up my toilet bowl. never saw the plumber so not too sure.

his electrician is very good highly recommended - ah long 9008 7763 (say louise from geylang lor 37 recommend). Very easygoing guy with good rates

Edited by san20sg

one experience can scar for life siah, now thinking smart already. buy nicely renovated house or new house only or requires minimal renovations.

very scared to go through it one more time. no more!

U buy nicely renovated place but the design might not b what u want? Or it's nice initially after few yrs maybe problem might surface?

Think positively!!

Hi san20sg, where is your husband? How come he didnt help you with this reno? Is he paying 100% of this reno that he can bo chup in helping?

You must really take care, now that you are less than a month into labor.

Unscrew the hose from the mixer and bring it together with the shower head and go back Yuki... if it is really the case of missing rubber O rings, Yuki might be able to give you some spare ones.

Hi san20sg, where is your husband? How come he didnt help you with this reno? Is he paying 100% of this reno that he can bo chup in helping?

You must really take care, now that you are less than a month into labor.

both of us are equally inept at this but he's not the hands on technical type more of those studious kind will get kanna chop by all these contractors. Yup, he's the financier.

Edited by san20sg

Unscrew the hose from the mixer and bring it together with the shower head and go back Yuki... if it is really the case of missing rubber O rings, Yuki might be able to give you some spare ones.

will get the contractor to solve it, if really the shower set problem, then go back to yuki loh.

today kitchen top mounting, with kitchen sink & tap & master wardrobe setting up. Hopefully no problem after that.

Edited by san20sg

will get the contractor to solve it, if really the shower set problem, then go back to yuki loh.

today kitchen top mounting, with kitchen sink & tap & master wardrobe setting up. Hopefully no problem after that.

i had similiar problems during my renovations, and the shop(that i bought my stuff from) actually send it's own in-house technical service staff to come over to assist in the problems. try asking if you shop has a person like this.

i had similiar problems during my renovations, and the shop(that i bought my stuff from) actually send it's own in-house technical service staff to come over to assist in the problems. try asking if you shop has a person like this.

no leh, no such thing. she ask me to bring over the shower set that's why I'm so upset with her nonchalent attitude as if i'm giving her alot of trouble like that when it should be the other way round.

what shop do you go to - looks good, i shall jot it down for next time *touch wood*

no leh, no such thing. she ask me to bring over the shower set that's why I'm so upset with her nonchalent attitude as if i'm giving her alot of trouble like that when it should be the other way round.

what shop do you go to - looks good, i shall jot it down for next time *touch wood*

i got most of my accesories from Genova. it's on Bendemeer road, just before you reach the lavender/jalan besar junction.