Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
san20sg

Renovating A Geylang Apartment

I bought my lights at Tradehub21 branch and collected them all within an hour because their store is just beside their showroom. Can order 1st, go for lunch nearby, then collect goods :thumbs up:

I went too!! The geylang outlet don't have stock n I have to go to their warehouse the next day to collect as need to install the day after. Very good collection of lights n seem cheaper than the geylang store

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

oops sorry I mean what is the max tv screen that a 3m viewing distance can take.Is 47" too big?

Edited by san20sg

oops sorry I mean what is the max tv screen that a 3m viewing distance can take.Is 47" too big?

3m distance... is about wall to wall of my bedroom, i'm using 55".

May I check if chemical wash shd be done after everything is done or shd be done after tiling but before carpentry works.

Acid wash is done when everything has been completed.

just checked last night that kitchen cabinets up, not very good quality leh, the wood like very hollow like that, abit disappointed. Is this common?

The hood is up, left the stove & sink tap & the kitchen top.

I'm actually not very satisfied with my reno, not very happy with the common bathroom, the feature wall tiles look so weird against the other tiles in the common bathroom but my family ask me to just tahan loh. The matching skills of the sales lady at hafary not so good leh, doesn't match at all. The expensive magnum cabinets are a rip off, we bought $650 for 900mm & $450 for 600mm cabinets but the wood is so-so & looks inexpensive type, only the sink looks not bad, not worth the money spent! My hubby spent so much on the toilets, over $1400 on the bathroom accessories!

The kitchen cabinets look quite cheap loh, not even comparable to ikea. Perhapps the kitchen top not up yet so it doesn't look very nice. Hopefully the wardrobe will look nicer.

Of nicer things, I'm very satisfied with my master bathroom tiles, they look very nice, except the magnum 900mm cabinet spoil its looks abit. I love most of my lights though. They were beautiful.

The ceiling fan that I ordered from jerome came with the wrong light fittings & did not come with bulbs but I never checked and were installed when I were not around. Just had to live with it.

Edited by san20sg

hi san20sg, probably becos solid top is not up yet, it still dont look good. but the wood should not seems hollow?

i checked on my reno everyday, when i'm not satisfied i'll text the ID immediately. my carpentry dont seems hollow, in fact, i feel the wood is good (heavy) becos when they did not install finish within a day, there were some drawers left on the floor and i checked on those. are urs chipboards material? i hope not!

any pictures to share? if ur fan did not come complete with the accessories, u shd let the seller know and get it back. i checked on every light and accessories (even when the hood & hob arrived, we spent 1/2 hr examining to ensure no scratches etc. till the delivery uncle buey tahan and told us that no one ever does that in front of him!)

both of us are working full time,& by the time we come back home it's almost 8pm. My mum is monitoring them but she's always ok with everything kind.

My hubby is the bochup type & I am heavily pregnant too tired to check on every single thing. He's the kind that everything also ok kind, so we are like quarrelling almost everyday. So sian! It's so unfair that I had to do so many things.

hi san20sg, probably becos solid top is not up yet, it still dont look good. but the wood should not seems hollow?

i checked on my reno everyday, when i'm not satisfied i'll text the ID immediately. my carpentry dont seems hollow, in fact, i feel the wood is good (heavy) becos when they did not install finish within a day, there were some drawers left on the floor and i checked on those. are urs chipboards material? i hope not!

any pictures to share? if ur fan did not come complete with the accessories, u shd let the seller know and get it back. i checked on every light and accessories (even when the hood & hob arrived, we spent 1/2 hr examining to ensure no scratches etc. till the delivery uncle buey tahan and told us that no one ever does that in front of him!)

it's not chipboard, they say it's 3 plywood. is that as bad?