Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
san20sg

Renovating A Geylang Apartment

Need to find a 12" hole WC. Only managed to find 5 models that have 12", Baron $160, Crayton $140 & Velin $350, Arino $400 & Johnson Suisse $500+. Is $350 for a WC too ex?

$178 for a fidelis shower set with bath mixer

$650 for 900mm basin cabinet from Magnum

$100+ for mirror & glass shelf

$100+ for accessories like toilet paper holder,towel bar, tower ring.

Almost $1500 per bathroom. Is that ex?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Need to find a 12" hole WC. Only managed to find 5 models that have 12", Baron $160, Crayton $140 & Velin $350, Arino $400 & Johnson Suisse $500+. Is $350 for a WC too ex?

$178 for a fidelis shower set with bath mixer

$650 for 900mm basin cabinet from Magnum

$100+ for mirror & glass shelf

$100+ for accessories like toilet paper holder,towel bar, tower ring.

Almost $1500 per bathroom. Is that ex?

I believe the price you quote here here are before dicount,maybe u'll get a pleasant nice surprise bill with discount. :dancingqueen:

Hmm I don't quite like the spiral chairs, they seem a bit gimmicky. As for the Eames moulded chairs, they are a little common nowadays, but nevertheless it is a testament to it's good design. It will match (especially the white one).

Buy from Gmarket cheaper, more colour choices. But if you do, managed your expectation.

Abit rushed because I had to move by end June as I am expected to deliver in early august so abit stressed.

Abit tight on finances too because had to pay for renovations, mortgage, hospital bills and baby expenses so overall abit overwhelmed. But still can cope lah

Dun stress, have a smooth delivery more important.

Many thanks all.

Got all the sanitary hardware from heritage at Geylang today, total abt $2500 for 2 bathrooms (is this ex - it sort of exceed my initial budget by $500? Previously trying to contain the damage to $1000 per bathroom):

Velin WC x 2 with free offset

Fidelis bath mixer x 2

Tuscani shower spray x 2

Magnum basin cabinet 90cm x 1

Magnum basinet cabinet 60cm x 1

Fidelis basin tap x 2

Tower bar x 2

Tower ring x 2

Toilet paper holder x 2

FOC 2 tap stopper

I hope my contractor will not get upset because I didn't buy these stuff from the shop he recommmendeded. I have not told him yet. They do not have much on display & I am too tired to run along everywhere already.

Edited by san20sg

San20sg, exceeding budget is perfectly normally. There is always the wants and unwillingness to do without certain things. I think money can always earn back but what is most impt is u must be happy in what u do in ur reno.

Yup that is true.

Actually my contractor is quite nice lah. Just a couple of misunderstandings here & there. I over-react sometimes, do feel bad after that.

Despite this, I still do not enjoy doing renovations, prefer decorating rather than renovating - will never buy an old apartment again after this. Hope this will be the last time I am doing renovations.

Edited by san20sg

My laminates for the kitchen cabinets:

Previously wanted piano white & decided to change to polar white (for brighter white colour)

photo7be.jpg

By san20sg at 2012-06-04

Kitchen top by Marstone solid surface (white & grey dots granite lookalike)- anyone heard of this brand before?

My laminate for the master wardrobe (aluminium sliding glass wardrobe)

photoauv.jpg

By san20sg at 2012-06-04

delay in tiling works - expected to complete next monday hopefully. my kitchen renovator is waiting for them to complete the floor tiles so that they can take measurements.

Everyone is waiting for them, aircon guy, lighting guy, electrician, & painting.

Many thanks Valerie.

My hacking n tiling works take almost one whole month from 15 may to 9 June (they claim they w complete by then but I don't see how they can do that).

Is this common?? So long??

Dear all experienced renovators,i will appreciate a good recommendation for window grille contractor.

Many thanks.

hmm normal aluminium window grilles or invisible grilles?

i have both types in my home.. aluminium ones for the service yard while living room & bedrooms are invisible ones.

only aluminium ones are up together with 3 panels of windows and a casement. invisible one will be up next tuesday (cant wait! last stage of reno-ing now :) )

i got the aluminium grilles done by Doorking (contact Jovial 96815598). get a few quotes and bargain his price to match the lowest one. thats what i did :P all the doors in my house also done by him but i wouldnt recommend him for doors (workmanship not gd) but grilles are good.

Thanks apple pie. Really feel happy for u. Mine still a long way off.

By the way, what sink did u buy? So many sinks I'm so confused.