Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
san20sg

Renovating A Geylang Apartment

i got most of my accesories from Genova. it's on Bendemeer road, just before you reach the lavender/jalan besar junction.

oh, you bought from genova? its near to me but i never went in before.... don't know whether i will get the chance to replace anything or not.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wardrobe is very nice! I'm quite happy with it.

kitchen top is finally up, all done except the kitchen tap not installed yet & needs to connect the gas. Really love my hood & hob quite nice leh.

My mattress is coming this sat. Next Monday - the electrical goods are coming.

Now have to finally go purchase all the outstanding furniture from ikea this Friday.

No choice have to purchase the purple sofa - my husband is quite adamant about it, have to make him happy but the red tv console is abit too much. Why don't they come in black - only red & white?

Edited by san20sg

Marble polishing done up yesterday.

Everything is ok except for minor touchups like connecting of kitchen sink tap, changing of shower set, putting up mirror & accessories, & the faulty light fittings of fanco fan.

I will be going to ikea today to purchase the kivik dansbo lilac sofa & other stuff today.

So relieved everything should be coming almost to an end already.

wardrobe is very nice! I'm quite happy with it.

kitchen top is finally up, all done except the kitchen tap not installed yet & needs to connect the gas. Really love my hood & hob quite nice leh.

My mattress is coming this sat. Next Monday - the electrical goods are coming.

Now have to finally go purchase all the outstanding furniture from ikea this Friday.

No choice have to purchase the purple sofa - my husband is quite adamant about it, have to make him happy but the red tv console is abit too much. Why don't they come in black - only red & white?

Good to hear u love your wardrobe. LOL

More photos plsssss. Hee hee hee :sport-smiley-004:

Heritage is unforgiveable!! Will never buy from Yuki or the shop ever again.

I just sent her a photo of the water tap with spots appearing. Her reply is immediate - "you wash acid right? You better check with your contractor this is 100% acid stain". After I refuted her comments, she further argued "Acid stain dun have any warranty, if it is rusty won't become one dot dot..." & "Factory says- from the photo we can see, teh tap are badly damaged by the contractor. We can also see that is installed by inlicense plumber whihc is not approved by BCA. They have also installed silicon to install the tap base."

My house is just completed, where got do any acid wash? My contractor is a hdb licensed contractor. Since when BCA approve licensed plumber? I can't be bothered to argue with her. I told her I will send my contractor down to her shop to talk face to face.

Totally inexistent customer service. Fully condemn.

Had problems with her water tap, shower set & Magnum mongo cabinet. The veneer for the replacment brown cabinet with no handles are not even. Never has she offered to send someone down to take a look, & instead pushed everything to my contractor. If not for the fact that I have no time to bother with these things & I am going to give birth in 3 weeks, she is going to get it from me.

Tachipanda, you are just lucky you have no problems with her.

Edited by san20sg

On a lighter note, pics of the almost completed house are up!

Living & Dining Area

Still need some work - still missing a 42"TV, purple carpet, painting on top of the sofa, curtains & scrubbing the windows & black stickering the blue window frame.

photo1tkr.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The white wall abit too plain - will be putting up a small photo montage after I have some time. Super busy moving now. Rushing to move out before end June.

photo4dtm.jpg

Love my wardrobe. My carpenter is good, superb customer service came back to give us another additional board shelve when we asked for it. Only $1400 super worth it when I went to take a look at IKEA about $1400-$1600 but only at 2.5m high. Mine is customised at 3m high.

photomhb.jpg

Baby room stuff all bought from ikea. Do not have time to look see other places. Ikea is good value.

photo2wjk.jpg

still alot of work to be done. Scrubbing of all windows, balcony. Black stickering over the blue window frames (so many window panes & balcony panes). Still need window grilles too. alot of moving in to be done.

baby stuff to be bought. really really alot of things to be doing.

Only unhappy with three things - the first kitchen renovator who increase price without due notice, the tiling contractor (takes too long & inefficient & needs daily watching over) & Heritage (bought over $2700+ worth of items - crap customer service & faulty products)

I have no such problems with jerome(recommend from renotalk) - super good attitude whom I ordered fan, hob & hood. Lucky never buy from Heritage.

My main contractor is really bad at coordination, messy & weak at keeping the subcontractors in rein (esp the tiling contractor's workers) but he's a honest guy who did finish up the work & come back to rectify defects when told, just that sometimes I have to chase him which is abit tiresome. He charges reasonable & did up those defects himself when his subcontractors fail him.

This is a really tiring process but you really learn a lot from it.

Alot of forummers here do help a lot & I will hopefully return the favour. I will recommend the following services, if you need them, just pm me or email me llishan@hotmail.com

1. Jerome (or Zero known here in Renotalk)for electrical items such as hob, hood, fan etc

2. Electrician Ah Long

3. Carpenter company by Ah Wu & Ah Lek

4. Henry from Mega Discount Store for household electric items

5. Furniture stores - Lifespace Concept Store, Comfort Furniture & the ever-faithful IKEA

Cheers!

Louise

On a lighter note, pics of the almost completed house are up!

Living & Dining Area

Still need some work - still missing a 42"TV, purple carpet, painting on top of the sofa, curtains & scrubbing the windows & black stickering the blue window frame.

photo1tkr.jpg

The white wall abit too plain - will be putting up a small photo montage after I have some time. Super busy moving now. Rushing to move out before end June.

photo4dtm.jpg

Wow your living room floor looks nice can c the reflection :dancingqueen:

Nice to c your place fully done up :yamseng:

Ya me too think it is the best part amongst the renovations. The feature wall actually looks much nicer in reality pity abt the magnum mongo cabinet I bought from heritage. That cost $650 n the veneer along the edge is uneven.