Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

hey! i think i read somewhere that prozfile may be the same co as project file & the later seems to have bad reviews. though this is not verified but better be safe than sorry!

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Will go and check it out

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

been thinking thru the layout for my unit & finally came up with this:

254879_10150966708638078_1721109724_n.jpg

and after getting so many quotes & making myself confused, I've (unofficially) appointed Alan the contractor to do my house. i'll have to do without the 3D drawings. hope everything turns out well.

Edited by retchlow

Hi! Is the 2 seater sofa from OM as well? You might want to reconsider your purchase for the sofa if you are on the heavy side. I rejected two of their sofas when the high density foam started to sink after 1-2 weeks of usage. My weight is 90kg.

aaargh! love the sofa! where to buy this? what's the price after discount?

nice ceiling fan you bought! :good:

aaargh! love the sofa! where to buy this? what's the price after discount?

nice ceiling fan you bought! :good:

thank you! the sofa is from OM...going for less than $1k :sport-smiley-004:

OM Bedframe is good. The one I am using now is more than 10yrs old and still going strong. Intend to bring it over to my new house next yr.

OM sofa not for me due to my weight (90kg) and the durability of their so-called high density foam. I rejected total 2 different sofas from OM as the foam started to sink 2 weeks after using them. Had a full refund via credit note from the OM management eventually and used it to book a dining table plus dining chairs 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, I love the look of the sofa you bought. If the foam used by OM is more durable, I will probably shortlist this model for my new home too.

hey norman. thanks for the info! i was still feeling quite worried initially about spending almost $3k on the bedframe & mattress. but all my friends said one should invest more on a good bed.

so glad to know that OM beds are good. i'm forgoing the sofa from OM & will be getting a 2-seater sofa from Commune instead. :sport-smiley-018:

No prob... But if you are on the heavy side like me, do check with the shop on their warranty for the high density foam before commiting to them. Most vendors only give warranty on structure but not on foam.

been busy sourcing for quotes the past 2 months. i think i'm pretty close to sourcing for about 10 IDs/contractors so far.

But i've only received 4 quotes & still waiting for 3 more quotes. this is the list by far:

1) U Home (Pen - ID) - met up 2 mths ago but no quote yet. think they aren't keen in doing business

2) Design Ministry (ID - recommended by colleague) - quote submitted. way exceeded budget by at least $10k.

3) Prozfile (Alvin - ID) - saw their booth at a recent exhibition at expo. love their designs. quote was ok (mid range)

4) Vace (Vincent - Contractor) - recommended by colleague. suprisingly expensive, despite being a contractor.

5) Renozone (Colin - ID) - recommended by friend. very prompt & sincere. quote by far is the lowest. shortlisted.

6) AMDA Interior (Ambrose) - recommended by friend. waiting for quote

7) Mr K - contractor - recommended by Renotalk members. meeting him this sat.

8) Ming Hui - ID - recommended by agent. waiting for quote.

Contractors aren't exactly cheap, I realised. So far, Renozone provided the most competitive quote. Colin sounded really nice & sincere (he's a personal friend of my friend). Most likely may appoint him but am keeping fingers crossed till i get the remaining 3 quotes.

Sourcing for quotes is yet another tiring journey to getting a new home.

Hi,

Can i have Mr K contact? Thanks!

went window shopping (again!) & saw a really pretty danish sofa

401310_10150971250973078_165363013_n.jpg

and a simple looking working desk

602562_10150971254028078_1509805523_n.jpg

:dribble: now i'm getting confused....so many choices..so little $$$

Edited by retchlow