Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mysweetlittlethings

Our Sweet Little Wajek House

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wow!!! sweetlittlethings,

good potential for A and A, pocket must be deep deep. How much time are you planning to spend on the Reno?

Some pics of the house to share :)

Understand from ID that the old old roof cannot be disposed in Singapore.

WajekHouse2012122.jpg

WajekHouse2012123.jpg

WajekHouse2012120.jpg

Your ID is right if he is referring to asbestos roof. Some old houses still used roof with asbestos insulation, and I understand that asbestos has already been banned in Singapore because prolong inhalation of asbestos fibre can cause cancer. Therefore, these old roofing have to be discarded properly. My advice, if your hse has asbestos roof, try not to be around when they are being dismantled and disposed.

Your ID is right if he is referring to asbestos roof. Some old houses still used roof with asbestos insulation, and I understand that asbestos has already been banned in Singapore because prolong inhalation of asbestos fibre can cause cancer. Therefore, these old roofing have to be discarded properly. My advice, if your hse has asbestos roof, try not to be around when they are being dismantled and disposed.

Tks for the advice!

I was still wondering y earlier - 原来如此! 😊

Edited by mysweetlittlethings

Wow!!! sweetlittlethings,

good potential for A and A, pocket must be deep deep. How much time are you planning to spend on the Reno?

Hi Suyun,

ID said the entire project including drawings + submission + Reno - may take up to 1 year. Too long too long :(

Hi Suyun,

ID said the entire project including drawings + submission + Reno - may take up to 1 year. Too long too long :(

That is really very long....... Hope you have another place to stay until this is competed.

Met with Architect & ID on site yesterday :)

At least we are moving forward - HAPPY!

We will first be required to bring in the land surveyor to do topography on site - one day required (guess we will be doing it after key collection)

Architect has advised us to go for reconstruction as:

1. More cost efficient

2. Termites spotted on site

3. we need to elevate the ground near entrance

We will most likely for the next 4 months to tackle on designs + submission / approval + sourcing for builders

HOORAY!!!

Met with Architect & ID on site yesterday :)

At least we are moving forward - HAPPY!

We will first be required to bring in the land surveyor to do topography on site - one day required (guess we will be doing it after key collection)

Architect has advised us to go for reconstruction as:

1. More cost efficient

2. Termites spotted on site

3. we need to elevate the ground near entrance

We will most likely for the next 4 months to tackle on designs + submission / approval + sourcing for builders

HOORAY!!!

For reconstruction, did the architect highlight to you that you have to strictly comply with all regulations eg setback for front (7.5m)and back(2n), new bomb shelter located somewhere in the middle of yr living room etc.