Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mysweetlittlethings

Our Sweet Little Wajek House

Hi all,

Understand from "ID" that if we decided to:

1. increase WC - we will need to submit & obtain approval.

2. A&A - increase in built-in size - we will need to submit structural drawings & obtain approval.

Anyone can advise how long does it take for BCA to approve?

OTP completion will only take place on 1 Nov - will need to finalize design prior getting builder to submit drawings, right?

Thanks in advance!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all,

Understand from "ID" that if we decided to:

1. increase WC - we will need to submit & obtain approval.

2. A&A - increase in built-in size - we will need to submit structural drawings & obtain approval.

Anyone can advise how long does it take for BCA to approve?

OTP completion will only take place on 1 Nov - will need to finalize design prior getting builder to submit drawings, right?

Thanks in advance!

I can share with you what I know, which by no means complete, so other forumers please add to or change what I wrote.

1. Yes, a submission to PUB (or NEA?) is required. Each WC attracts a fee in your monthly utility bill.

There are several by-laws related to how the new sanitary pipe can connect to the IC. So you should find out where is the public sewage pipe buried underground and how it runs across the land.

2. Yes, the submission will have to be done by a Qualifying Person, who is usually the architect. The increase in built-in size will have to be less than 50% for A&A.

BCA approval is about 2 weeks, but be awared that BCA is really the last before construction can begin. In other words, in your example, approvals from PUB for the toilet, URA for the building extension are to be obtained before BCA submission. And each approving body has its own schedule. Therefore, to avoid delay caused by the need to resubmit, knowledge of QP of the relevant by-laws is important.

Hope these help.

Cheers!

Edited by Lauer

My recent case - to URA took about 2-3weeks.

now my application is with BCA... 1 week has passed, still waiting for approval.

I think this one will take about 2weeks.

I can share with you what I know, which by no means complete, so other forumers please add to or change what I wrote.

1. Yes, a submission to PUB (or NEA?) is required. Each WC attracts a fee in your monthly utility bill.

There are several by-laws related to how the new sanitary pipe can connect to the IC. So you should find out where is the public sewage pipe buried underground and how it runs across the land.

2. Yes, the submission will have to be done by a Qualifying Person, who is usually the architect. The increase in built-in size will have to be less than 50% for A&A.

BCA approval is about 2 weeks, but be awared that BCA is really the last before construction can begin. In other words, in your example, approvals from PUB for the toilet, URA for the building extension are to be obtained before BCA submission. And each approving body has its own schedule. Therefore, to avoid delay caused by the need to resubmit, knowledge of QP of the relevant by-laws is important.

Hope these help.

Cheers!

Wow! Tks Lauer!

Gd info - greatly appreciated!

I hv a better pic now what to expect for the Reno project!

Cheers,

My recent case - to URA took about 2-3weeks.

now my application is with BCA... 1 week has passed, still waiting for approval.

I think this one will take about 2weeks.

Hi,

Tks for the info too!

I will need to source for an architect / builder now :)

Earlier this year in May, my submission to URA took about 2 1/2 weeks. BCA was the killer, took 4 - 5 weeks with a lot of to and fros with our PE on the structural submissions.

You will need to get a PE do do your submissions for you. From what i understand, if it's an A&A then no need architect. If reconstruction or rebuild, then architect's input is needed.

Good luck!

Based on rough calculation, this should be the max that we can use the land :)

WajekHouse2012178_zpse60ff284.jpg

Not sure what are the boxes outside the original dwelling for?

Hope that things are progressing well.

Enjoy!

Not sure what are the boxes outside the original dwelling for?

Hope that things are progressing well.

Enjoy!

Hi,

Those indicate the possible extension of the house based on the required setback - for odd shaped land - leaving 7.5m from facade & 8m fr common wall :)