Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mysweetlittlethings

Our Sweet Little Wajek House

We love the location :)

Yes, the land is huge but a bit irregular - a bit challenging as we do have FS factor to consider :)

We will shorten the house from the back and do A&A on the front & side of house to obtain a more regular structure.

ha! My first Q: BCA website said "7.5m" from main gate cannot be used, but we see houses with less then 7.5m too? Why har?

Tks in advance!

cheers,

Congratulations!

I believe that this is an interesting project, considering what you have in mind. No doubt it would involve a reconstruction to achieve the open & flat-roof profile.

Houses built before the existing by-laws could have the less than 7.5m setback for the front.

Cheers!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Congratulations!

I believe that this is an interesting project, considering what you have in mind. No doubt it would involve a reconstruction to achieve the open & flat-roof profile.

Houses built before the existing by-laws could have the less than 7.5m setback for the front.

Cheers!

Pls enlighten me - if I am only doing A&A, we need not abide with the 7.5m setback?

Tks!

Pls enlighten me - if I am only doing A&A, we need not abide with the 7.5m setback?

Tks!

You meant to extend the facade of the existing house out? Not that I know of.

I would suggest that you buy an architect coffee, and discuss with him/her the idea. Don't take the words of a builder, my advice.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dchbr/pt1landedhousing-dchbr.pdf

Cheers!

the feeling of living in a HUGE landed property is out of this world i am currently staying in a 4000sq feet RENTED original condition semi-d

in Frankel avenue....CONGRATS life is short....LIVE IT TO THE FULLEST... :dribble:

Hi Jumbopanther,

It's a 99yrs leasehold - 60yrs old house - remaining 39 yrs only. :)

We got the house @ $300+ per sqf - for a house @ Bukit Timah - we feel it is a pretty good deal.

Even the agents / bankers / SLA officer think it is ridiculously cheap too.

Will most probably stay for a couple of years and rent it out later - should be able to get good rental yield :)

cheers,

ha ha once u move in to this kind of property u wont want to leave trust me...i been there and done that...rent out your em..you can prob get 3k plus rental...the wajek house if you rent maybe 4 to 4.5k...trust me for a difference of 1k...it aint worth it... :yamseng:

the feeling of living in a HUGE landed property is out of this world i am currently staying in a 4000sq feet RENTED original condition semi-d

in Frankel avenue....CONGRATS life is short....LIVE IT TO THE FULLEST... :dribble:

Enjoy!

An afternoon @ BCA

We have spent an hour at BCA to retrieve the drawings - viewing the microfilms make us giddy! Ha! Ha!

To purchase the drawings,

1. Apply online - BCA will reply within 7 working days ( if you are the owner, you must hv duly signed the OTP) , if not an authorization letter by the owner shall be required.

2. Once BCA replied, pls print out the BCA letter, n together with the photocopy of the duly signed OTP & NRIC, proceed to BCA @ MND Tower Level 2 Counter 5.

2 viewing timing available:

8:30am to 11:30am

1:30pm to 3pm

- exchange of NRIC for visitor pass is not required.

- take the stairs opp the security counter up to 2nd level.

- obtain a queue number under "counter 5"

3. Once the officer verify the necessary documents proving that you are the owner or authorized person, they will release the microfilm to you with a document indicating your property project reference.

4. The microfilm contains various property projects. Under a project, there could be diff type of housing thus diff sets of drawings.

- the original (project number) will include the site plan, architectural plan (original)

- (project number + A) the property structural plan

- (project number + subsequent prefix) amendment of drawings for any property within the entire site.

5. The project reference in the microfilm is not in running sequence, thus you will hv to go thru every page to find your project reference and determine the pages you would like to print by indicating the reference at top right of page

6. Once done, pls proceed to counter 5 to make payment.

7. You will then be directed to the printing room to get the drawings printed at a separate charge

* Interesting experience!*

I went thru that process in bca one Month ago and spend close to a hundred printing almost everything. Image too blur on light box. Do just take all. :jawdrop: in the end only three pages are really useful

I went thru that process in bca one Month ago and spend close to a hundred printing almost everything. Image too blur on light box. Do just take all. :jawdrop: in the end only three pages are really useful

Hi,

We spent an hour there - only printed 4 copies Ha! :)

First meeting with ID

Last weekend, we managed to meet up with the "ID" whom we are keen to work with :)

ID has given us more practical advice in terms of design & costing for our project.

Lifestyle Living is what he has in mind for us :)

Am pending for ID's quote :)

As we do not have the measurements of the house yet, we are unsure if we should be going for A&A or reconstruction.

We will most likely be extending the house to it's maximum complying to BCA / URA requirements

Our homework for now:

1. Whether to increase toilets

2. To find a builder

Getting excited!

cheers,