Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
frankman

My Little 3 Room Resale Flat..

Hi Frank, I saw you are using the Livolo switch for your hse.

Is it with remote control one? So far any problem with the switches because I heard that the swtiches IC always got problem and the supplier in SG also ask me not to buy. Is it true?

Are they selling this model in Singapore? I have using them since November last year without any problem, it maybe a misunderstanding because the installation instruction or manual describe clearly and ever my electrician installed cannot get it to works. I have used all model like common one switch, switch with remote control for my master bedroom light and 2 way switch for my living are lighting. First thing have to understand this is not a normal switch it's control by electric circuit board inside, for example I used a 2 gang switch to control my bathroom light and exhaust fan. But it doesn't work with my exhaust fan to get it to work I must touch and hold the switch for more than 3 sec for first time and get it to communicate the fan, after that it work like normal switch. If touch and hold for 3 sec again it's mis-communicate with the fan agin. Same goes to my 2 way switch.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

To those who intend to use this Livolo switch for your house, conventional 2 way switch (3 gang) need 6 to 7 wires to connect within 2 switches, 2 way switch (3 gang) only need 2 wires. Please advise your electrician to run 6 to 7 wires like conventional switch, just in case you decided not to use this Livolo switches in the future.

Are they selling this model in Singapore? I have using them since November last year without any problem, it maybe a misunderstanding because the installation instruction or manual describe clearly and ever my electrician installed cannot get it to works. I have used all model like common one switch, switch with remote control for my master bedroom light and 2 way switch for my living are lighting. First thing have to understand this is not a normal switch it's control by electric circuit board inside, for example I used a 2 gang switch to control my bathroom light and exhaust fan. But it doesn't work with my exhaust fan to get it to work I must touch and hold the switch for more than 3 sec for first time and get it to communicate the fan, after that it work like normal switch. If touch and hold for 3 sec again it's mis-communicate with the fan agin. Same goes to my 2 way switch.

Used to sell in SG and they say the IC inside the switch got a lot of problem and it has not been approved by SG so they decided to stop. They still got leftover but it isnot cheap. I think a 3 gang cost 200+.

So the switch that can be controlled by remote got no problem so far is it? Any problem connecting to LED downlight and LED strip?

Possible to visit ur hse?

Edited by awbrab

Used to sell in SG and they say the IC inside the switch got a lot of problem and it has not been approved by SG so they decided to stop. They still got leftover but it isnot cheap. I think a 3 gang cost 200+.

So the switch that can be controlled by remote got no problem so far is it? Any problem connecting to LED downlight and LED strip?

So far no problem with the switch and its safer than conventional switch. Touch sensing with tempered glass.

Hi there, 3 things in your place interest me a lot.

Cat 7 cable, your electrician is able to run all cable for you?

All connection and termination he can settle for you?

Livolo switches, my concern is that electrician is unable to install properly. Your instruction of installing the "6/7" wires is really useful. Is yours with remote?

If yes, as of now, still working?

LEDs: I know nuts about the LEDs, how to start, join, drivers needed etc.

Electrician able to settle as well?

Please advise. Thank you.

Hi there, 3 things in your place interest me a lot.
Cat 7 cable, your electrician is able to run all cable for you?
All connection and termination he can settle for you?
Livolo switches, my concern is that electrician is unable to install properly. Your instruction of installing the "6/7" wires is really useful. Is yours with remote?
If yes, as of now, still working?
LEDs: I know nuts about the LEDs, how to start, join, drivers needed etc.
Electrician able to settle as well?
Please advise. Thank you.

20131019_223729_zpsedf764a0.jpg

This is the Cat 7 connector, the only additional thing is to ground the earth wire of your Cat 7 to connector metal body.

20131019_222304_zpsb4b585ef.jpg

This is the remote control for the Livolo switch, it's working fine till now.

20131019_221930_zpsd02617b1.jpg

Livolo 3 gang switch with english instruction, have to get extra piece for replacement just in case.

20131019_221629_zpsf37bf533.jpg

If you are using RGB LED strip, you need this to change the color of your LED strip (touch sensing).

20131019_221550_zps0105ee52.jpg

LED drivers.

You need to plan all other LED strip connectors for your installer, I can't answer on the behalf of your electrician, you need to check with them.

Edited by frankman

20131019_223729_zpsedf764a0.jpg

This is the Cat 7 connector, the only additional thing is to ground the earth wire of your Cat 7 to connector metal body.

Thanks for your reply. This connector can be bought locally?

If you are using RGB LED strip, you need this to change the color of your LED strip (touch sensing).

LED drivers.

You need to plan all other LED strip connectors for your installer, I can't answer on the behalf of your electrician, you need to check with them.

All those are also bought from Taobao? If only using white, no need the above?

Thanks for your reply. This connector can be bought locally?

All those are also bought from Taobao? If only using white, no need the above?

You have try ebay and aliexpress depend on the price, if you decided to use white led you don't need the above and I advise you to get the latest super bright led strip 5630.