Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyAng

Renovation Journey For Our Em @ B.batok

Hope your problems are resolved soon.

Today I finally received my first Taobao purchase.. One item - the clock is broken!!!! :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

HappyAng, you are another happy owner who can look forward to moving into your new flat early April! I am happy for you :-)

Update...

Today my toilet accessories from Poh Joo delivered to our house. Waiting for the plumber to install.

Wei..wei.. Mr plumber, PLEASE be more careful and dun make further more mistake hor??

Today glass sub-con FINALLY came to install three toilets door.. Waited more than a week.. sigh.. but out of the three glass door, one suppose to be sliding door, two swing door, end up become all swing door. I told glass sub-con to verify with ID as this is not what I have communicate with ID.

Kaoz! Lucky I was there to notice the swing door, if not, once the swing door is installed, extra work need to remove and some wall tiles will have replaced. Hmm.. Hope it's not MURPHY'S law again lor.. :bangwall:

Today went up to do marking on the toilet accessories on every item so that our Mr plumber can install on Sat as told by ID.

ID also tell me that the glass sub-con will install sliding door for level one toilet.. It's their miscommunication. Then.. ID told me that our Kronotex flooring have deep scratches due to no protection paper covering the laminated flooring. Wah Lau eh!! :furious: anyway, ID will call Kronotex person to get it replace..

Will update photos later when I m back home..

Today I finally received my first Taobao purchase.. One item - the clock is broken!!!! :(

How bad is the damage of the clock? Able to claim from seller?

HappyAng, you are another happy owner who can look forward to moving into your new flat early April! I am happy for you :-)

Ha..ha.. At the moment more stress on the issue of my renovation.. Looking forward to 10th Apr, ID committed to handover the house back to us.. :dancingqueen:

How to claim from seller? Send back to china? Who bears he shipping cost?

Peeka is really efficient and good! I didn't buy insurance for my purchase but every purchase comes with free basic insurance BUT does not cover breakage for glass item. However peeka made the initiative to make special exemption for me and got their courier to pick up the damaged good from me today! They will allow the claim for me :)

After 64 days of renovation...

photo21_zpse0263cac.jpg

Finally, can see our carpentry work le. Notice all internal is grey colour? We pay extra to use polygon for the internal instead of white PVC.

My wifey favourite, tiffany blue strips for the lower kitchen cabinet with tiffany blue glass backing (will be install later). Hope my wifey will love the end result.. :dancingqueen:

photo22_zpsdc7615e4.jpg

Left side of the photo (dish rack cover) is the Hafele lift unit which I personally buy from Hafele and hand-carry to ID's supplier at Sungei Kadut. Initially wanted to use Blum system, but there's a height restriction (may hit the false ceiling).

photo23_zps10bc5fa3.jpg

Common toilet, glass door is up. Notice the mini vanity? :bangwall:

photo19_zps1cb2bdbf.jpg

Master toilet, sliding door for shower area.. :sport-smiley-004::bath:

photo24_zps657262dd.jpg

Wah...Free scratch resistance test by the sub-con... :furious::jawdrop:8|

ID will get it replaced... That' the result of no protection... Really SPEECHLESS... :bow:

Counting down to the handover date and hope no more SHOCKING THINGS along the way... :bow:

Like your toilet design scheme n color. Nice!

After 64 days of renovation...

photo21_zpse0263cac.jpg

Finally, can see our carpentry work le. Notice all internal is grey colour? We pay extra to use polygon for the internal instead of white PVC.

My wifey favourite, tiffany blue strips for the lower kitchen cabinet with tiffany blue glass backing (will be install later). Hope my wifey will love the end result.. :dancingqueen:

photo22_zpsdc7615e4.jpg

Left side of the photo (dish rack cover) is the Hafele lift unit which I personally buy from Hafele and hand-carry to ID's supplier at Sungei Kadut. Initially wanted to use Blum system, but there's a height restriction (may hit the false ceiling).

photo23_zps10bc5fa3.jpg

Common toilet, glass door is up. Notice the mini vanity? :bangwall:

photo19_zps1cb2bdbf.jpg

Master toilet, sliding door for shower area.. :sport-smiley-004::bath:

photo24_zps657262dd.jpg

Wah...Free scratch resistance test by the sub-con... :furious::jawdrop:8|

ID will get it replaced... That' the result of no protection... Really SPEECHLESS... :bow:

Counting down to the handover date and hope no more SHOCKING THINGS along the way... :bow:

Like your toilet design scheme n color. Nice!

Thanx Berlinbear. Ur house really got the wow factor! :dribble:

Ha...Ha... realize that we started our renovation earlier than u, but our renovation still haven't complete lor, job keep delaying leh.. :bangwall:

Updates...Err.. Hmm... same as 28th Mar... :dunno:

ID told us plumber and aluminum grills sub-con will up on Sat (which is yesterday), and yesterday I specially come up to take a look to ensure that Mr plumber don't leave leaking union or taps UNAWARE...

But... neither plumber nor aluminum grills sub-con were there yesterday... :furious: ID told me tomorrow plumber and aluminum grills sub-con will come. Anyway... ID told us 10th Apr can handover to us... :dancingqueen: Counting down... :drunk:

photo26_zpsb6c5aec0.jpg

Today I brought the lightings for the electrician to install this week... Hmm...hope this week I can see my lights are up then I can post review of the lights which I bought from Taobao.. :sport-smiley-004:

photo25_zps4f93fae7.jpg

Ha...Ha... realize that we started our renovation earlier than u, but our renovation still haven't complete lor, job keep delaying leh.. :bangwall:

ID told us plumber and aluminum grills sub-con will up on Sat (which is yesterday), and yesterday I specially come up to take a look to ensure that Mr plumber don't leave leaking union or taps UNAWARE...

But... neither plumber nor aluminum grills sub-con were there yesterday... :furious: ID told me tomorrow plumber and aluminum grills sub-con will come. Anyway... ID told us 10th Apr can handover to us... :dancingqueen: Counting down... :drunk:

photo26_zpsb6c5aec0.jpg

Today I brought the lightings for the electrician to install this week... Hmm...hope this week I can see my lights are up then I can post review of the lights which I bought from Taobao.. :sport-smiley-004:

photo25_zps4f93fae7.jpg

Woah!!!! So many lights machiam u r running a lighting shop haha

Ya can't wait to see your lights from Taobao! Hee hee

photo26_zpsb6c5aec0.jpg

photo25_zps4f93fae7.jpg

That's a LOT of lights!!!

HappyAng, at first I thought we have lots of light fitting but after looking at yours, I suppose we are 'sama sama'. I know my spouse has placed order for over 42 lights for the entire unit. Our contractor also told us that this week, lights fitting will be up.

Edited by kooky

Woah!!!! So many lights machiam u r running a lighting shop haha

Ya can't wait to see your lights from Taobao! Hee hee

Ha..Ha.. I bought 4pcs downlight extra. Kiasu mah.. Scare spoilt mah. :P

All the lights from taobao? thats alot! all the same type? Let me know if they're any good :sport-smiley-004:

Yes! All purchased from Taobao via 65Daigou. Will review the quality when the lights are installed.

That's a LOT of lights!!!

Ha..Ha.. got buy spare lah.. But haven include LED strips for covelight wor.. :P

HappyAng, at first I thought we have lots of light fitting but after looking at yours, I suppose we are 'sama sama'. I know my spouse has placed order for over 42 lights for the entire unit. Our contractor also told us that this week, lights fitting will be up.

Wah.. we sama sama huh? Hee..Hee..

Downlights:

living hall - 8pcs

Walkway between living and dining area - 2pcs

Dining area - 4pcs

Breakfast cum bar counter - 2pcs

Main door entrance to breakfast cum bar counter - 3pcs

Utility room - 2pcs

Kitchen - 2pcs

Mini yard - 1pc

Level one toilet 1pc

Walkway between master bedroom and bedroom 3 - 2pcs

Master bedroom - 4pcs

Dressing table in master bedroom - 1pc

Bedroom 2 - 2pcs

Bedroom 3 - 2pcs

Master toilet - 2pcs

Common toilet - 2pcs

Dining area hanging light - 1pc

Balcony hanging light - 1pc

Master toilet crystal light - 1pc

Store under stairs LED light - 1pc

After 68 days of renovation...

photo27_zpsf814cf61.jpg

Kitchen cabinet. A bit not smooth on the lifting and closing of Hafele lifting mechanism, will check with Hafele salesperson for advice.

photo33_zpsa232fc29.jpg

Breakfast cum bar counter.

photo30_zps1421ba1c.jpg

Finally, Mr Plumber is here... Our Grohe rainshower set. :dancingqueen:

photo31_zps34796546.jpg

Common toilet. Mr plumber say he will check to ensure no leaking before he leave today.. Well.. gonna keep my finger cross. Look at the space on the right.. If toilet bowl can shift a bit to right, then our vanity can do bigger liao. :bangwall:

photo35_zps1125386c.jpg

Joven 35L storage heater is sitting in the common toilet.

Today also meet ID to discuss the position of our downlights... Looking forward to see more things this week and our handover next week. Aluminum grills worker only came this evening, so don't have the chance to take photo yet...