Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Z3phy

Resale 4Rm Flat In Pasir Ris

the panel is 10mm. it actually feels solid.

yesterday i pretended to go in and shower... the panel quite solid leh.. open and close never sway or quiver.

if mine sway, i sure ask my contractor to check.

Hmm I checked w my ID, he say it's like that. Nvm later I press him again.

Oh the lock bit is still plastic. Bang wall... Let see how long it can last. This time is swingslide door seems a bit more solid than pd door.

image_zps042acd88.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The PD door lock at ur MBR toilet, one side is using coin to lock right?

Previously b4 Reno I have the door lock same as ur common toilet. Spoilt within a yr, change to the double side locking cos still under warranty, spoilt again within a yr also. My kid is slamming the door & the plastic part broken. Wondering how come they don't provide metal one...

actually I find the PD door (I'm using Swing & Slide) mechanics a bit flimspy.. adding on to the problem is many of my guests dun know how to use it so I hv to show them first before they start to experiment or swing/slide it wrongly & spoil it :( not sure it was a gd choice of door in the first plc but i do agree it's more space-saving (with a smaller swing span) & chio than the normal bi-fold door (of cos there r more atas & beautiful bi-fold doors; unfortunately there are only 2 makes of PD doors & both sama sama)

for the extra lock... coz hor.. sometimes we go travelling.. then will ask frens to come over help us feed rabbits.

dun wan them to see our untidy MBR mah.. must have some privacy.. lol.

this one is suggested by contractor one.. coz actually one of my main concerns abt combining the toilets was this lor... visitors can easily access the MBR which i'm not comfy with. i must praise my contractor for giving this idea.

fan is small.. but like that the room looks big rite? hahah!! i've got 2 fans in living room, i find it ok. the size is just rite for me coz of the track lights. and ceiling is abt 270,280cm. coz highest floor. usual ceiling is 260cm hor?

yes. very rush lo. but i'm on leave 3 days next week. already planned.. so rectification will be on those days.

Contractor say today he "pai" 2 painters to finish up the job.

got so many things to finish leh..

=> room walls, room doors, toilet pipes, main door...living room and kitchen walls. :dunno:

aiyoh.. dun remind me abt the cleaning.. i dread it.

lol! but since it's ny new hse. i think i will make some effort lo. hahaha!! today start cleaning liao!

later got to buy those cheapo cloth from watsons.. and a mop. coz gotta clean up the area for my bed that's arriving tomorrow afternoon!

Oh ya! forget u combined the toilets so definitely need to be able to lock the toilet door from inside the MBR... [remember ur first worry even before u took over was how to solve the small (500mm?) walkway with the vanity installed.. lol! :lol:]

安 la! Their painting very fast de :good: Only worried abt carpentary... Sometimes the dimensions of the pre-fab cabinets may not fit exactly on-site. Oso make sure the right laminates, design, etc. as agreed are delivered... Please keep a close watch... For me, the wrong laminate was used for my MBR vanity cabinet and they also cut the opening of the solid vanity top wrongly for my semi-embedded basin... gotta redo with some modifications from the original design... Sianz! Another scary thing.. when I mounted my TV, the TV feature wall dislodged.. scared me to death!! :~!! Contractor came to check then realised one side of the wall not reinforced... :furious: Luckily wall never fell & smashed my TV onto the floor... Now dun tell me i scare u again... jus sharing hor! :P:lol:

wah... u remembered. :bleah:

yes. last time still newbie in RT, not many pple chup me. i was so troubled lo.

i everyday in ofc cannot concentrate... only think abt my toilet. hahaha... now glad we resolved the issue. :jammin: o

k.. will check my laminates. dun worry, i quite ngeow one. hahah!

and i'm not worried abt the TV.. coz i got no feature wall. mine is wall paper!

but the wall paper has to be up by 22 april AM.. coz my TV will be here at 3pm on that day.

so my contractor got loads of deadline to adhere to. :dancingqueen:

urs quite scary leh... where got can drop down one. dangerous.. life endangering!

Edited by Z3phy

wait. u mean swing slide and PD doors are not the same?

I also thought there is only one-and-only "PD Door" company in Spore. Then when my ID passed me the catalog and address to go down choose my door materials, color, design, etc., I then realised the company for my PD door is "Swing & Slide". In fact, both are only few workshops away from one another at the Paya Lebar Industrial Estate next to SingPost Centre (where I worked). I visited both shops and realised the PD doors of both are almost identical. When I asked about their relationship, both said different owners.. To-date still dunno their relationship. Could be from same family, disbanded biz partners, or simply rivals... ha ha!

oh.. meaning same kind of thing rite? just different names.

i was playing with my pd door yesterday.. material feels inferior. but looks wise alright.

mine was bought from PD doors (not the swing slide). but i din have to go down to look. just order and choose with the sample at hand.

coz basically we only wanted black and white.

oh.. meaning same kind of thing rite? just different names.

i was playing with my pd door yesterday.. material feels inferior. but looks wise alright.

mine was bought from PD doors (not the swing slide). but i din have to go down to look. just order and choose with the sample at hand.

coz basically we only wanted black and white.

jus a stone's throw from my office so i prefer to go dwn see see look look touch touch feel feel lo.. haha!

convenient for u la.

:notti:

touch all u want hor..

hahahaha!!!

now i'm praying that the painting is nicely done up. Please dun give me heart attack le. :(

Ask me ask me! haha so kaypo. i had 4 pd door (from pd door) b4 Reno, out of 4 two spoilt cos my daughter slamming it. Now after Reno only install back 1 at common toilet. but under swing slide brand. Yes I feel that PD door is flimsy. Swing slide door is more solid. My ID say swing slide was the first to bring this kind of door into singapore, pd door was started later by a person worked in swing slide door b4. This is what my ID say la. Dunno right or wrong...

Ic. Mine is like that. Outside need to use a coin to lock/open if required.

image_zps01c320ca.jpg

My MBR PD door is also the same..... but I don't like the sliding part of PD door. If you don't do it properly, I think it can get damaged easily.

Edited by potatoes

Ask me ask me! haha so kaypo. i had 4 pd door (from pd door) b4 Reno, out of 4 two spoilt cos my daughter slamming it. Now after Reno only install back 1 at common toilet. but under swing slide brand. Yes I feel that PD door is flimsy. Swing slide door is more solid. My ID say swing slide was the first to bring this kind of door into singapore, pd door was started later by a person worked in swing slide door b4. This is what my ID say la. Dunno right or wrong...

ok.. hullo kaypo. hahaha.. . if u are kaypo then wat is everyone else? here in the forum must be kpo lo... if not nobody tok liao.

i see.. actually i never heard of swing slide leh.. until now.

and so sorry guys.. havent taken photo of my pd door lock..

yesterday reach the hse, was looking forward to see the painted walls.

Sadly, painting not completed.

only halfway... ceiling oso not completed. SO UPSET!

So what's supposed to be done by today?

All plumber works - bathroom accessories, all painting, carpentry to start coming in.

sigh... hope i dun face another disappointment later when i reach home.