Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Z3phy

Resale 4Rm Flat In Pasir Ris

reno completed, but not yet handover. (although i've already been living here since 21 April)

finiching touches not done lo.. like the painting of corners here and there, the top of doors and conduit also not painted.

there's also a cracked tile i wanted the contractor to change.

oh.. and all these are pending coz of the glass backing for my kitchen.

Once that is up, i'm sure the rest will follow.

btw, jus4fun, Worst Tech not done. they coming on 11 May. this is after countless calls to them and many empty promises from them to call me back.

11 May!!! Walao, really 超级无敌 ultimate Worst Tech!!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

11 May!!! Walao, really 超级无敌 ultimate Worst Tech!!!

Wa biang 11 may... This is really long leh... U tried going down their office? U paid in full already?

yup swaskie... paid in full le. have to pay before they install mah. I went down once before... to show them photos of their stupid way of laying the pipes.

but no use one la... the sales oso cant do anything.

this morning din have time.. rushing for work, here's my living room.. the sofa with storage in view!

20130502_Renocompleted1_zpsc5d6a75b.jpg

as you can see, the blinds are also up.

I got cream coloured ones (abit of light gold tint) for living room and room facing corridor and the grey ones (silver tint) for MBR.

the gaps between the blinds quite big. and pple walk past still can see abit la. but the ones in the rooms are ok.

the guy who put the blinds also said coz my HDB ceiling not straight, the blinds oso slanted.

so the gap is slightly wider at the bottom than at the top. :dunno:

20130502_Renocompleted3_zps960ba0a5.jpg

I know the wall paper doesn't look good here. but it does in real life. lol... cant show the effect with hp cameras.

Will take better pics when I finally locate my cam. :bleah:

Edited by Z3phy

yup swaskie... paid in full le. have to pay before they install mah.

this morning din have time.. rushing for work, here's my living room.. the sofa with storage in view!

I know the wall paper doesn't look good here. but it does in real life. lol... cant show the effect with hp cameras.

Will take better pics when I finally locate my cam.

Very nice rustic industrial yet modern look & feel! A total transformation from the previous o-biang look! Mission accomplished! Gong Xi Gong Xi! :D

Sorry, am very excitable by cement screed floors. Am doing it for my place too and have been warned by many people that its hard to maintain and will feel powdery. Esp cuz my ID says to do matt and not have a layer of epoxy or lacquer over it.

Sorry, am very excitable by cement screed floors. Am doing it for my place too and have been warned by many people that its hard to maintain and will feel powdery. Esp cuz my ID says to do matt and not have a layer of epoxy or lacquer over it.

hullo mishmash.. why are you apologizing?

I did exactly what your ID says. did he mention why do matt?

actually this is the look and feel that I want. of coz having the epoxy will look "nicer". as in, it will look "complete" and smooth. but over time, I think the gloss will eventually wear off and will need to apply again. some pple paint over it, but the paint will also peel over time.

leaving it bare will have the powdery feel. which i'm ok with. my contractor did warn that the screeding will take 7 - 8 years to be smooth and shiny. he said the difference in texture can be felt when we move the sofa. lol.. we joked that we should buy a sofa only 7 years later. coz the areas we walk on will be smooth but not under the sofa.

and pple also warned you abt the hairline cracks?

coz my place already have the cracks. many pple cannot accept this much more than the powdery feel. so just a headsup!

=)

Very nice rustic industrial yet modern look & feel! A total transformation from the previous o-biang look! Mission accomplished! Gong Xi Gong Xi! :D

jus4fun, you're always very kind with your comments de. thanks for the compliments anyhow!!

i already forgot wat my hse look like previously. hahaha!!

Wow cement screed floor! Nice! Like the spaciousness of your living room!

hahaha... u din know meh?

this was why we had to hack away the marble flooring. if not will do overlay like my rooms.

the screeding d*mn thick.. like almost 10cm.

Edited by Z3phy

hullo mishmash.. why are you apologizing?

I did exactly what your ID says. did he mention why do matt?

actually this is the look and feel that I want. of coz having the epoxy will look "nicer". as in, it will look "complete" and smooth. but over time, I think the gloss will eventually wear off and will need to apply again. some pple paint over it, but the paint will also peel over time.

leaving it bare will have the powdery feel. which i'm ok with. my contractor did warn that the screeding will take 7 - 8 years to be smooth and shiny. he said the difference in texture can be felt when we move the sofa. lol.. we joked that we should buy a sofa only 7 years later. coz the areas we walk on will be smooth but not under the sofa.

and pple also warned you abt the hairline cracks?

coz my place already have the cracks. many pple cannot accept this much more than the powdery feel. so just a headsup!

=)

jus4fun, you're always very kind with your comments de. thanks for the compliments anyhow!!

i already forgot wat my hse look like previously. hahaha!!

Yeah.. i'm okay with cracks.. just hopefully not huge ones. hairline cracks are okay. but am more worried about the powdery feel cuz i dont like my feet feeling dirty. My ID said matt because we are ground floor unit, heat will come up from ground and he wants our cement screed to have room to breathe. He says if cover up with lacquer or epoxy, the cracks will be worse in future. He did mention he will buff it down with some machine to cut down on the powdery feeling and make the surface more smooth. I really love your floor.

hahaha... u din know meh?

this was why we had to hack away the marble flooring. if not will do overlay like my rooms.

the screeding d*mn thick.. like almost 10cm.

I forgot...somemore I even asked you earlier if you were keeping your marble flooring. But this look is nicer. And your Before and After pictures are very different....congrats! Post more pix of the other parts of your house and your little doggy too!

Yeah.. i'm okay with cracks.. just hopefully not huge ones. hairline cracks are okay. but am more worried about the powdery feel cuz i dont like my feet feeling dirty. My ID said matt because we are ground floor unit, heat will come up from ground and he wants our cement screed to have room to breathe. He says if cover up with lacquer or epoxy, the cracks will be worse in future. He did mention he will buff it down with some machine to cut down on the powdery feeling and make the surface more smooth. I really love your floor.

hey.. the powdery feel is really not that bad la.. (at least for me) at least u know it wont get worse mah. over the years, it will feel smoother and less powdery.

at least u have an ID to do all the buffing. i believe you're in good hands.

my contractor hor... hardly give advice. and everything he oso say nice. (sometimes i test him..not nice he oso say nice lo) sigh... either he's really too nice a guy... or he doesn't have the arty flair.

yup swaskie... paid in full le. have to pay before they install mah. I went down once before... to show them photos of their stupid way of laying the pipes.

but no use one la... the sales oso cant do anything.

20130502_Renocompleted1_zpsc5d6a75b.jpg

as you can see, the blinds are also up.

I got cream coloured ones (abit of light gold tint) for living room and room facing corridor and the grey ones (silver tint) for MBR.

the gaps between the blinds quite big. and pple walk past still can see abit la. but the ones in the rooms are ok.

the guy who put the blinds also said coz my HDB ceiling not straight, the blinds oso slanted.

so the gap is slightly wider at the bottom than at the top. :dunno:

20130502_Renocompleted3_zps960ba0a5.jpg

Will take better pics when I finally locate my cam. :bleah:

WOW!! Your place looks very nice le :good:

So how you find your sofa? :notti:

However the review stated that the back of the sofa is kind of short? Do you find it so?

I forgot...somemore I even asked you earlier if you were keeping your marble flooring. But this look is nicer. And your Before and After pictures are very different....congrats! Post more pix of the other parts of your house and your little doggy too!

lol! eh.. if u say previous look nicer, i will be very sad. :~

yup, will do so soon i hope. now the other rooms still messy la! haha... shhh!

oh.. doggy not collected. the guy say she was coughing, so they brought in a vet for her and she was under medication. so can only bring her home this weekend. i'm skeptical. they so good meh? will bring in vet for a puppy they've sold.

WOW!! Your place looks very nice le :good:

So how you find your sofa? :notti:

However the review stated that the back of the sofa is kind of short? Do you find it so?

hullo blue77!

thanks for liking my place!

honestly, sofa's not comfortable.

i do not mind the short back coz a shorter back means the room looks bigger. more spacious. =)

What i like is the sofa is a sofa bed. and when put up the back as a sofa, the middle part can be pulled down as a "mini table".