Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaykr

An Experiement In Designing My New Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

HI bb_1314,

Thank you for the info. I actually specified the height for the drawers but the carpenter misunderstood and did all three drawers to be the same height and that causes a problem for me as my pots and pans some of them are really tall like 12 inches and they won't fit it . After much discussion, they are going to redo and it would lead to my top drawers becoming really small.

Do you know what is the internal height of your top drawers?

Hey jaykr remember u asked me b4, if I were to redesign my kitchen, how would I do it differently?

After 2 months of using it. I regretted for didn't use drawer handle or tip on. Our drawer unit although all using blum Antaro/intivo, we chose to use 'manual' opening. The carpenter need to leave a gap between drawer 1 & 2 for our finger to fit in to open it, by doing so they need to insert a horizontal wooden piece in between drawer 1 & 2. As a result all my drawers are 2-3 cm shallower. Sometimes my thing can actually fit into the drawer, but because of the wooden strip it become cannot fit. By using tip on or handle, I guess the gap can be narrower.

I have 3S1 & 1I3. Yes u r right I only use 1 S1 to put cutlery, the other 1 I use to put film, foil, scissors, knife etc, 1 quite empty I put cooking shovel, soup ladle etc, and the last one is totally empty.

Edited by jaykr

Hi jaykr, I'm staying in woodlands and would like to get supplies from M'sia too. Please PM me the contact of Alan, tiles, and transportation. Many thanks!

bro, looks like quite a fair bit of air-con trunking in ur MBR.. & i suppose the split unit is for the study since it's the furthest away?

by the way, thought ur reno would hv been completed by now.. but looks still got fair bit of carpentary to go? hope all is going well so far & on schedule.. :)

Hi Jaykr, nice renovation journey you are having there ....

Possible to pm me Alan's contact and the cost of your renovation.

Thank you very much!

HI bb_1314,

Thank you for the info. I actually specified the height for the drawers but the carpenter misunderstood and did all three drawers to be the same height and that causes a problem for me as my pots and pans some of them are really tall like 12 inches and they won't fit it . After much discussion, they are going to redo and it would lead to my top drawers becoming really small.

Do you know what is the internal height of your top drawers?

Top drawer is 9cm; the other top internal drawer is 8.5cm. Edited by bb_1314

Hi Jus4fun,

Yup....yup... was trying to make the decision to do the trunking on top or bottom. Decided to do it at the bottom and also was recommended by the aircon installer, he said in regards to flow its better to do at the bottom. I think once the bed is in majority of the air con trunking will be hidden. If it was on top it would be very visible running like a MRT track.

Yeah, the split is for the study room, or else you would see a major mrt line running from master bedroom to study room and by the time it reaches there all the cooling will be gone.....;p

Actually the delay is because of me, I had to travel for two weeks for project work so I told the contractor to hold all works until I return back. I just came back on Saturday, so now the work has started again.

Even though I told them to halt it , there seems to be some miscommunication and they started on kitchen cabinet and the base and some of the drawers were done wrongly as they were not based on my specs. However, after discussion, they are going to rectify it. I had to make some changes to my design and will know what is the outcome as they are going to start on the rectification tomorrow and I will be there to make sure my design and requirements are understood correctly this time around.

They told me the top drawer will be very small so have to see how small it will be .

I guess, I am a bit different from most of their clients in that I have very specific requirements on height and design etc... most people who do blum just leave it to the carpenter to decide, so I seem to be causing them a lot of issues....;p

bro, looks like quite a fair bit of air-con trunking in ur MBR.. & i suppose the split unit is for the study since it's the furthest away?

by the way, thought ur reno would hv been completed by now.. but looks still got fair bit of carpentary to go? hope all is going well so far & on schedule.. :)

HI bb_1314,

Mind if I ask, is your cabinet 34 or 35 inches in height including the concrete base? What is the height of the middle and bottom drawers?

The height you gave for the top drawer is it the drawer door height or the internal space height?

Due to the mistake , I am not able to install I3 with my S1 as the height is small, so gonna move it to my space tower. I think I would only have like 4 inches or 5 at max for the top drawers.

Top drawer is 9cm; the other top internal drawer is 8.5cm.

Oh, I wanted to mention that I bought the cooker hood / hob and oven from Zero and they gave me the best price after calling all retailers from unilite , BKG , mega discount etc...etc...etc...

I will certainly recommend them !

Hi, may I check with you where did you buy that unique shaped vanity basin bowl and also how much?

Do you roughly know the width and depth of the bowl? Thanks. :)

Hi Jus4fun,

Yup....yup... was trying to make the decision to do the trunking on top or bottom. Decided to do it at the bottom and also was recommended by the aircon installer, he said in regards to flow its better to do at the bottom. I think once the bed is in majority of the air con trunking will be hidden. If it was on top it would be very visible running like a MRT track.

Yeah, the split is for the study room, or else you would see a major mrt line running from master bedroom to study room and by the time it reaches there all the cooling will be gone.....;p

Actually the delay is because of me, I had to travel for two weeks for project work so I told the contractor to hold all works until I return back. I just came back on Saturday, so now the work has started again.

Even though I told them to halt it , there seems to be some miscommunication and they started on kitchen cabinet and the base and some of the drawers were done wrongly as they were not based on my specs. However, after discussion, they are going to rectify it. I had to make some changes to my design and will know what is the outcome as they are going to start on the rectification tomorrow and I will be there to make sure my design and requirements are understood correctly this time around.

They told me the top drawer will be very small so have to see how small it will be .

I guess, I am a bit different from most of their clients in that I have very specific requirements on height and design etc... most people who do blum just leave it to the carpenter to decide, so I seem to be causing them a lot of issues....;p

No lah, 有要求 is 理所当然 de.. spent $ le of cos mus make sure is to ur liking & specs.. smmore blum so exp! :P

Was oso thinking of blum but undestd it wld take up some space so went for the cheaper normal soft close instead..

But having our own specific requirements oso got gd & bad la.. I was also very specific wif my carpentary dimensions so much so I drew out all the tech drawings c/w measurements & asked them to jus follow.. Generally all were ok, but there were sm parts that din turn out so well.. e.g. I wanted 4 drawers for my lower kitchen cabinets.. ended up all the drawer height not 3 not 4.. my oversight! :( luckily i nvr went for blum, else..

I think at the end of the day, chemistry & trust with the ID/contractor, who must prove tt he/she is professional & trustworthy too of cos, is very impt! :)

Edited by jus4fun

Oh, I wanted to mention that I bought the cooker hood / hob and oven from Zero and they gave me the best price after calling all retailers from unilite , BKG , mega discount etc...etc...etc...

I will certainly recommend them !

I would like to second that. Got my hob and hood from zero too and delivery was prompt. Prices also were one of the cheapest around.

Hi Jaykr,

Can you PM me the contact of Craftstone Supplier and the Transport company. Wanted to add another wall with Craftstone if it is really cheap as it cost a bomb in Singapore.

Fyi, I also buy quite a fair bit of stuff from JB. E.g. Fan, Lights, Switches...

If you are interested, I can also share some info with you.

Thanks a million!