Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
3Dyms

Mon Petite Chateau @ Bt Batok

After being MIA for awhile, I'm now back with exciting news..!!!

I have collected my keys today! Finally.... after such a long drawn out wait since February. Renovations will start tomorrow and more photos will follow.

When we did inspections today, found that we will need to do some additional works like plastering the whole house. The current wall conditions are terrible. :( There goes $2,900 just for plastering works. *sob-sob*

But for now.... these are the pre-requisite "BEFORE" photos of our new home. :sport-smiley-018:

Let's start off with Level 1.

slide1po.jpg

slide2ka.jpg

slide3t.jpg

slide4if.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Now we continue on to Level 2 and the bathrooms (Level 1 & 2). Please be warn that the bathrooms pics are truly "eerrkks"!!!

However, thankfully the parquet seems ok to be retained for the staircase and whole of level 2.

But... now a design dilemma for the master bedroom for the odd corner. Certainly do not like that weird beam 'pointing' at the bed.

Haiz, looks like need to spend $$$ to overcome this challenge.

slide5f.jpg

slide6pc.jpg

slide7pz.jpg

slide8m.jpg

LED TV & 3D BLU RAY SOUNDBAR

It being the GSS period, we decided to 'hunt' down our perfect TV over the weekend. Looked at LG, Samsung, Sony & Sharp. Whilst browsing, the salesman (Harvey Norman) recommended a LG full LED TV - LG 55LM9600. We were able to compare it side by side with Samsung and Sharp (I think - see too many TV's till confused liaoz). As was advised by Ongcs, we compared the picture quality using default settings. I even got the salesman to show us a local TV program (they only have a pre-recorded one, no 'live' TV avail). To us, the picture quality appeared sharper and the contrast better on the full LED in comparison to the edge lit LED TV's. Especially for the dark and gloomy scenes. However, we were only looking at basic LED Tv's. Not SMART, not 3D, not wifi, etc. The salesman showed us some normal LED Tv's and the pricing was not much diff as this TV had an attractive clearance price tag cos it's a 2012 model. Much as my hub totally loved it, we decided to take a walk and do more comparisons. Went to Mega Discount and Best Denki.... and talked to more salesman.

After a few more comparisons, even comparing it to current 2013 TV models, hub's still loved the LG full LED TV. At the end of the day, we decided to go with our hearts and what our eyes loved. The only other brand with full LED was Sony. But the price is like $5+K. Wow!! Totally out of our budget. Even this LG TV was abit out of our price bracket... but...., decided to stretch it cos the hubs just loves it.

So back we went to Harvey Norman @ Centrepoint, met up with the friendly salesman (Elvin), negotiated the price and finally settled on not just the LG full LED TV, but also a LG Blu Ray soundbar - LG BB-4330A.

lgtvsd.jpg

bluraysoundbar.jpg

Edited by 3Dyms

Nice sound bar! Can share how much it is?

And congrats to collecting your keys today! The wait for the keys is over but another wait begins - the wait for the renovation to be over and then move in! Jia you!

Nice sound bar! Can share how much it is?

And congrats to collecting your keys today! The wait for the keys is over but another wait begins - the wait for the renovation to be over and then move in! Jia you!

Yah lor... my reno have not started yet, but I already wish for it to faster end. Can't wait to shift in to our new paradise.

The soundbar, we managed to get it at a special price of $579 (retail: $699) cos we got the LED TV together. :notti:

Edited by 3Dyms

Oops the soundbar is out of our budget but it really looks nice. Good choice for taking LG!

Thanks Makanology. The soundbar is also a 3D Blu Ray player. We reckon better to get that, so we do not need to buy separate pieces. Less clutter on the console. heheh. :P

Hi Bro HappyAng, thanks. So excited to start the Reno. Just met up with my contractor and came home with 5 thick brochures. Decision time for our window grills, wrought iron gate, main door, bedroom doors, paint color, etc. :P

Yippee..!!! Got my keys on Monday, demolition & hacking works started on Tuesday, windows & tiles delivered on Wednesday. Today windows are going up, tomorrow will be cement screed. Everything is proceeding really fast.

slide1zc.jpg

dear neighbour, u have many many windows!! :jawdrop:

wish u a smooth reno journey!

That is super fast!

Hi MK,

Yah.... I was surprised so fast. But happy also lah. Cos we rushing... need to shift in before the lunar 7th month. :sport-smiley-003:

dear neighbour, u have many many windows!! :jawdrop:

wish u a smooth reno journey!

hahhaha.... ya lor. Really lots of windows for EM. The old window frames were dark brown aluminum and the glass was super tinted. Totally not my style lah. Prefer white powder coat. So changed everything. :P

So after my last update.... Things are moving at snail's pace now. Electrical wirings are in place, new windows all up, aircon trunking all run, but... tiling which started last week till now still not completed. Only the bathrooms are done. Still waiting for the living room, kitchen & study areas.

Then yesterday, my contractor called and advised me not to do the cornice below the false ceiling. He said the ceiling height too low lah, not nice, difficult to do under the L-box. I hear already half sianz. In the end, decided to just opt out from installing the cornice. Save some $$$ and headaches too.

Next week, hoping to see things move faster once tiling completed. So much more to be done - Still have the false ceiling, lightings, carpentry & sanitary wares to go in.