Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Went with this in the end.

580287CD-7E19-4DD1-B1DA-A86803D945DA-146

D25CAF38-B56B-4C04-8BB0-9AE5E945499B-146

ID was hilarious.. when asked which one he preferred.. the curvy one that came in matt finish as well as chrome finish, or the more angular one.. he said the angular one reminded him of mariah carey and the curvy one reminded him of nikki minaj. :dancingqueen:

He preferred Mariah Carey.. more timeless he said. So we took his advice.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hahaha it's the initials of our names, not romeo & juliet tho, we're corny but not that corny.... :sport-smiley-004:

After checking Interior Affairs out (25% off), the prices were still too high.. we bit the bullet and bought Grohe stuff online. Now hoping it'll arrive safely and ASAP.

Good choice on the mariah carey tap - I prefer that too! :good:

Hello RnJ!! btw.. does RnJ stand for Romeo and Juliet? :good:

Yeah, we've just completed the bathroom stuff. Its been almost as much of a headache as the tiles. I'm so glad its over. We gave up on the idea of buying from the German websites because they didn't have immd stock for the stuff I wanted. So I gave up.

I reccomend Wan Tai (bought my wall hung WCs and hansgrohe stuff for master bath, rainshower rose, concealed mixer, etc). They give a decent 30% off their hansgrohe stuff. We bought grohe for common bathroom, ntg fancy, only needed a shower head and mixer for common bath. There was a grohe package that came with a tap, handrail (which i didn't need), handshower, and mixer. Think it might have been around 300 bucks total? Htb will know better.

Bought two taps from Bravat yesterday. They were having a 45% sale and the place was pretty packed. They've got nice all black matt handshowers, bath mixers, taps, etc. But since all the rest of our stuff were chrome, we didn't get the black taps. Will post pictures soon!

I am abit wary of ordering online, just afraid that if the stuff is delayed or not in stock or sent wrong stuff, then it will take ages to rectify and kinda slow down the reno. But if your ID/contractor says you have lotsa time, then maybe can try?

Hahaha it's the initials of our names, not romeo & juliet tho, we're corny but not that corny.... :sport-smiley-004:

After checking Interior Affairs out (25% off), the prices were still too high.. we bit the bullet and bought Grohe stuff online. Now hoping it'll arrive safely and ASAP.

Good choice on the mariah carey tap - I prefer that too! :good:

Ahh exciting! Yeah, I think for my next place I will definitely try to get online. Haha.. I'm already thinking of next place. Yeah, I found Interior Affairs a little bit pricey as well.

nice selections! those bricks looks awesome! personally prefer them in a lighter tone, else your furniture might not stands out..having said that, it all voices down on your colors choice tho.. :D

dark furniture = lighter tone walls, and vice versa .. to sooth out the atmosphere alittle, else might experience some kind of overdose impressions.

of course, if you pale furnishings, i'd keep the wall as they are..heh

looking forward for your updates and have a smooth reno journey ahead!

nice selections! those bricks looks awesome! personally prefer them in a lighter tone, else your furniture might not stands out..having said that, it all voices down on your colors choice tho.. :D

dark furniture = lighter tone walls, and vice versa .. to sooth out the atmosphere alittle, else might experience some kind of overdose impressions.

of course, if you pale furnishings, i'd keep the wall as they are..heh

looking forward for your updates and have a smooth reno journey ahead!

Yes, I figured I'll have a more neutral palate for the walls and floors and then I can go for any furniture I like. In case I get bored I can change the furnishings more easily. Thanks for your advice!

Haven't had much to update recently. My ID has left today for a 2 week trip overseas and he has told us that the workers are cement screening the living room and kitchen floors. My htb dropped by and he said there were quite a few ppl doing that, mixing cement and generally looking very busy. We were told not to return until they are done (dunno when that will be) so that we won't disturb them and muck up the floors. :(

Patio floor has been completed.

D55B7591-D9BB-4131-9A28-C0B64770908B-370

However htb says he feels the slopes towards the drainage holes are too obvious cuz he can feel it when he walks. So he might want them to redo.

Walk in wardrobe materials are in. Mostly black poles and mesh. I heart!

655647F7-E54E-4778-ADD3-721435EF6CB6-370

39C3BA5E-0F0A-4094-9CD2-6F0C02AEB417-370

58A8DB82-C42A-494F-AADD-F992C50FACDE-370

00373C53-CC18-4458-AA40-040F244640C0-370

Edited by mishmish

Haven't had much to update recently. My ID has left today for a 2 week trip overseas and he has told us that the workers are cement screening the living room and kitchen floors. My htb dropped by and he said there were quite a few ppl doing that, mixing cement and generally looking very busy. We were told not to return until they are done (dunno when that will be) so that we won't disturb them and muck up the floors. :(

Patio floor has been completed. D55B7591-D9BB-4131-9A28-C0B64770908B-370

However htb says he feels the slopes towards the drainage holes are too obvious cuz he can feel it when he walks. So he might want them to redo.

Walk in wardrobe materials are in. Mostly black poles and mesh. I heart! 655647F7-E54E-4778-ADD3-721435EF6CB6-37039C3BA5E-0F0A-4094-9CD2-6F0C02AEB417-37058A8DB82-C42A-494F-AADD-F992C50FACDE-37000373C53-CC18-4458-AA40-040F244640C0-370

I like the wire mesh idea! Nice!

where to source for those wire mesh? looks v cool!

My ID found them.. Not sure where he got it from. Let me ask him when he gets back from his 2 week holiday.

Dropped by my place today. Cement screening done for living and kitchen floors but all covered up so couldn't see anything. Saw my master bath half tiled with my lava stone.

A bit worried about the variations in tones. I know lava stone is natural and will have differences but this seems a bit much.

03614876-EBF6-42FE-9611-9325138244A0-307

F45F195D-2CD0-4EC4-8C5D-6E6E3E80805F-307

The thing is, there's quite a bit of sandy particles on them and some are a bit wet which may account for the differences. But I still think its too much. I msged my ID even though he is in New York and told him. He didn't say much. Guess he will look at it when he is back.

Boxing up at the kitchen area has been completed. Think htb saw some parts that are not well done. He say wait for ID to come back n tell him. This one not so urgent.

B12C666F-A6BD-4BD3-8A3C-622E7326036C-307

494EFCFC-C622-4A82-BBF2-243D8104335C-307

Onto happier things. Shopping! Popped by Interior Affairs to check out their moving out sale. Htb was not keen because he felt that we have nothing to buy from them but he was wrong.

We bought Safico stainless steel cutlery, 6 spoons, forks, knives, soup spoons, smaller forks, dessert forks and teaspoons. One pasta scoop, ladle, spatula. One strainer for pasta and veggies. One HUGE pepper grinder. 3 schulte ufer stainless steel pots of 3 sizes. (suitable for induction hob) One tea bag basket. One food cover. One wooden stool carved from one piece of wood.

Basically they just want to get rid of all their stuff. The best bargains were the things without price tags because you just needed to bring them to the counter and then they'd look at your stuff and give you a total sum and you bargained from there. Lelong!! But they were also selling entire kitchen sets and induction hobs and refrigerators. A lot of the good stuff has been grabbed though. We also grabbed like hot cakes. Think ppl think we are siao. Oh and grohe stuff are on sale there. Sinks too. A lot la. anyone that needs kitchen n bath stuff should take a look soon.

699050B5-0C7E-4EE1-826E-E317B1029054-307

Stool weighed at least 10kg. Almost broke our backs taking it down.

E6F551C4-0209-4374-87D9-CF0C56A1CDCC-307

Wanna take a picture of the pots and stuff but they are all bubble wrapped and I'm lazy.

We were thinking of this table for the patio. Aluminium table top and wooden legs.

C12A655F-E86A-42EE-947B-5807087C67CB-307

CB069319-FB84-4DB0-BCF2-F407CC3432DE-307

What do you think?

Edited by mishmish

O M G. LOVE THE STOOL. where is this internal affairs!!! and when does their sale end!!!!!!!!!!!! :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Tai Seng area. Sale ends 5 weeks time cuz they are moving out then. But today we saw a lot of couples there already and people were grabbing stuff so better to go soon if you can. I love the stool too! Think will put in bathroom since I don't have a bench in the shower area. Or else put near the door to wear shoes.

Sounds like a crazy mega sale! The outdoor table looks lovely.

Coincidentally I went to Danish Design and their outdoor range is pretty amazing too

Though maybe more scandi than what you are looking for. Thought it was pretty reasonably priced.