Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

ID says he likes the way the brick walls look. We are supposed to plaster over it and paint it white (in a slightly uneven sort of way to emphasize its texture) but he says he likes it the way it is right now. He feels that it will go with the cement screed floor and wooden door i have now.

DCF06DE1-4B06-4FDA-8E42-29268C1688C4-426

What do you guys think? Leave it as it is, or paint it white?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

ID says he likes the way the brick walls look. We are supposed to plaster over it and paint it white (in a slightly uneven sort of way to emphasize its texture) but he says he likes it the way it is right now. He feels that it will go with the cement screed floor and wooden door i have now.

DCF06DE1-4B06-4FDA-8E42-29268C1688C4-426

What do you guys think? Leave it as it is, or paint it white?

Leave it as is......you can change the look once you get sick of it one day.

Hmm.. I realise my bricks are abit too perfect.. not the very rustic .. rugged kind. I think to leave it as it is, it would be nice to have it rustic and rugged looking.. more uneven.. not so perfect.

So am leaning towards just painting it white.

yes mish mish. i think i would paint it white. i'm with you!!!

for me, red bricks go with the cottagey feeling.

Hi Mika...

which beam are you referring to? the one in the bathroom? That one will be covered by false ceiling. :( Where is your beam? If in living room then abit more headache. Are you going for the industrial look?

Hi Sorry, i was referring to the pillar in the living room. Did you hack that away or cover it with something or decorate it?

43f7478eaa48c7f8e7db07cd7178ef26_zps00be

Hi Sorry, i was referring to the pillar in the living room. Did you hack that away or cover it with something or decorate it?

43f7478eaa48c7f8e7db07cd7178ef26_zps00be

At first we were gonna put brick around it. Then when all the hacked walls came down, and we looked at the space again, we realised the floor plan has made the place look a lot bigger than it really is. (what's new right? Zzz) so we are extending the kitchen island out to that pillar as well. So the island will encompass both (irritating) beams.

Patio is 3/4 ways done up with granite. However, I don't see any more granite lying around, which makes me wonder if they've somehow miscalculated and are now short of granite to finish laying the patio completely. :jawdrop:

D2EDA90B-8102-441A-ABB9-87268033FFB1-146

2BD9F63A-B242-4CA6-A8E2-C5CE1FCA50F7-146

1BFFD214-5B0B-4944-95EF-8E6D5BF0F6AC-146

ID says the color of the wooden/brownish fence has to go.. asked us to think about what color we want to paint it. He suggested greyish brown. Not sure what that actually is meant to look like. :help:

8BD00007-D575-4AC9-9D41-C201EB798250-146

Me staring at my own two feet. Love my patio floor! Please let them finish laying it out! Oh.. and one thing I like that my ID did without me asking, he made sure the granite was laid in such a way that it sloped towards the two drainage holes. Its one of the things that make me feel reassured that he is experienced and thoughtful. :good:

nice skirt.! lol

Thanks!

Anyways, I was right about my ID running out of granite to finish my patio. Asked him today, he said yeah we are short of it, but we ordered already and they are sending more over by monday. Lol. My htb is very puzzled as to how they can be short of granite since they did measurements before ordering.

Your new patio floor looks so minimalist and clean!

Your reno seems to be progressing at a quick rate.. Have you decided on your bathroom stuff? Last I read you were toying with the idea of ordering hansgrohe from german websites (?) We're stuck with this dilemma too, to buy locally or to save and buy from overseas webbies. However, we're not sure if the shipping will take TOO long.... :o

Your new patio floor looks so minimalist and clean!

Your reno seems to be progressing at a quick rate.. Have you decided on your bathroom stuff? Last I read you were toying with the idea of ordering hansgrohe from german websites (?) We're stuck with this dilemma too, to buy locally or to save and buy from overseas webbies. However, we're not sure if the shipping will take TOO long.... :o

Hello RnJ!! btw.. does RnJ stand for Romeo and Juliet? :good:

Yeah, we've just completed the bathroom stuff. Its been almost as much of a headache as the tiles. I'm so glad its over. We gave up on the idea of buying from the German websites because they didn't have immd stock for the stuff I wanted. So I gave up.

I reccomend Wan Tai (bought my wall hung WCs and hansgrohe stuff for master bath, rainshower rose, concealed mixer, etc). They give a decent 30% off their hansgrohe stuff. We bought grohe for common bathroom, ntg fancy, only needed a shower head and mixer for common bath. There was a grohe package that came with a tap, handrail (which i didn't need), handshower, and mixer. Think it might have been around 300 bucks total? Htb will know better.

Bought two taps from Bravat yesterday. They were having a 45% sale and the place was pretty packed. They've got nice all black matt handshowers, bath mixers, taps, etc. But since all the rest of our stuff were chrome, we didn't get the black taps. Will post pictures soon!

I am abit wary of ordering online, just afraid that if the stuff is delayed or not in stock or sent wrong stuff, then it will take ages to rectify and kinda slow down the reno. But if your ID/contractor says you have lotsa time, then maybe can try?