Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

hmm... so secretive leh your ID. mine uses those numeric lock so that we can enter without key.

then like that, if anything wrong, you can't spot quickly and get him to rectify. wow.

paiseh if offended.. just voicing out my thoughts.

Edited by Z3phy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hmm... so secretive leh your ID. mine uses those numeric lock so that we can enter without key.

then like that, if anything wrong, you can't spot quickly and get him to rectify. wow.

paiseh if offended.. just voicing out my thoughts.

No la.. i totally understand where you are coming from. At first I also worried, normal to be worried that ID or contractor will try to be funny... just that after some time, I feel he is really okay, so i trust him. The temporary door they put up is those very thin plywood doors.. with a tiny little lock.. i think if i kick it, it will fall down and i'm just 43kg.

Been busy trying to find the hob and hood and sink, etc, so havent had time to go down. But my htb has gone down during lunch time right now. He sent me some photos. Shall post them soon. Was talking to a friend, and he says the most impt part to look out for is the piping. He says must check to see if they use good quality pipes and also if they lay it properly and sensibly according to gravity. But htb and me know ntg about this , don't know where to start looking. Anyone experienced problems before?

Brick wall coming up in my living room. (photo fr htb.. i didn't manage to go today :( )

6285900F-AFC9-422B-AB44-B7D62158018E-211

It will be painted white. We did consider leaving it in its original color, but htb felt that since the other walls are white, just let it be painted white also then everything looks bigger and more spacious.

The brick wall caused us some headaches, because the open net point had to be shifted and we had to have 2 appointments made for the open net technicians to come. First time to take out the point and leave it hanging. Second time will be when brick wall is all up and they can fix it in the new position. Each time they come, it costs money. More money than i want to pay. And its frustrating talking to them. They all talk in heavily accented english that's so hard to understand. Zzzzzz

151712E7-5EAA-4E64-A6BC-286DF37181CC-275

point to be moved from where it is.. to where my dear ID is pointing.

Edited by mishmish

hee hee, haven't tried Kuche yet but we reckon, if many commercial kitchens are using Kuche, it must be good enough for residential (the amount of cooking we do pales big time against the daily heavy cooking in a commercial kitchen). We are only starting our renovation today with 1st day of hacking. Haven't gone down to see yet - in fact, resisting it. hard to find time to go regularly!

We are tasked by our ID to decide on an awning color. Currently we have a very blue one left behind by the ex owner

C6EE9162-1595-41C1-A995-7D19B9D267D2-275

It fits the building facade and it's expensive to take down and replace so what our ID suggested is to put another layer underneath it so that it'll look blue from outside (maintain facade) but underneath we won't see blue. He gave us these few samples to choose from.

1A5D84FD-527A-4901-AE89-74388DE2C220-275

Htb doesn't like the ones with lines so we're left with two to choose from. The darker one will block out more of the blue tinge from the original awning but it will make the area darker. So which one should I choose?

htb went to take a look at the awning with the samples stuck to the ceiling.

F325B07F-4FE5-48C6-ABAF-5EA6CE149022-211

htb went to take a look at the awning with the samples stuck to the ceiling.

F325B07F-4FE5-48C6-ABAF-5EA6CE149022-211

Should we take the darkest one at the right most side? Seems very dark. Scared my living room will become dark. But the one right next to it, can still see the blue tinge. Howww?

hee hee, haven't tried Kuche yet but we reckon, if many commercial kitchens are using Kuche, it must be good enough for residential (the amount of cooking we do pales big time against the daily heavy cooking in a commercial kitchen). We are only starting our renovation today with 1st day of hacking. Haven't gone down to see yet - in fact, resisting it. hard to find time to go regularly!

Haha.. yes! I also keep wanting to go down. But restricted to only going down when workers are around now and I can't get away from work to go recently. :( At least next time i go, there'll be more things to see i guess. Congrats on your renovation starting Makanology! Take lots of pictures! I use my phone for all the pictures, sometimes not very clear, but better than nothing.

Haha.. yes! I also keep wanting to go down. But restricted to only going down when workers are around now and I can't get away from work to go recently. :( At least next time i go, there'll be more things to see i guess. Congrats on your renovation starting Makanology! Take lots of pictures! I use my phone for all the pictures, sometimes not very clear, but better than nothing.

Thanks and no worries about the poorly-taken pictures. So far all our pictures are taken from my trusty iPhone 4;)

Oh for your awning, 1 vote for the one next to the darkest one. The darkest one - think it will make your area much darker, like permanent storm is brewing!

Thanks and no worries about the poorly-taken pictures. So far all our pictures are taken from my trusty iPhone 4;)

Oh for your awning, 1 vote for the one next to the darkest one. The darkest one - think it will make your area much darker, like permanent storm is brewing!

Yeah.. the dark one really very dark. Think only can take the other one.

Going to see the progress on my place during lunch time. So excited. But have to rush out and back, because my department usually don't get lunch out, so they will be shorthanded when I'm out. SIgh.. feel like I need 3 months leave to do house.

haha.. relax.

i was also so kancheong.. but everytime go there, almost nothing is done lo.

like the progress is Soooo super slow.

btw, last night i used my induction cooker for the first time. really not bad.

it's just some frozen prepacked soup. But cooked so much faster than the gas stove.

can control temperature somemore. lol.

haha.. relax.

i was also so kancheong.. but everytime go there, almost nothing is done lo.

like the progress is Soooo super slow.

btw, last night i used my induction cooker for the first time. really not bad.

it's just some frozen prepacked soup. But cooked so much faster than the gas stove.

can control temperature somemore. lol.

Hmm.. if induction cooker doesnt create so much smoke and grease.. maybe i can use induction instead. Do you have a hood? Is it necessary when you use induction cooker?

Went to my place during lunch to look at the awning sample pieces. Leaning towards just removing the entire blue awning and replacing it with something.. less blue. Will cost more, waiting for my ID to come back with a quote. :( Money flying away again.

Very pleased with my brick wall which is coming up.

E3E2B5CD-60AE-4731-AA23-B08196D2944B-149

289AAA1D-20E9-41B2-88F1-9D3B160B32D5-149

My door is back in! They recut it so that it can open properly with the brick wall behind it. Yay.. I can go and view the place again at night when no one else is around.

My ID says he opened a hole between the bricks and put tubing down so that when we mount the TV on the wall, the cables can go through that tube and down below on the free standing console that we will buy. Goodie.. no wires hanging around collecting dust.

879C6313-ED0D-482F-9DFB-498BBC54C993-149

5CF89723-73F0-461C-ADD3-BD0721073B99-149

FC36BD07-8383-44FF-B6CD-13FCCF6A7698-149

Master bathroom .. still very messy.

872ED8C4-4A39-4B29-A5BF-BE2445857AA6-149

039A6C5B-261A-4121-BD55-0FB3F3BFFA83-149

Love my high ceiling, but it will have to be covered up because of the pipes.

D8BA04C7-D7C7-4408-A333-A72F3DA35AB9-149

My lava stone hanging around drying.

0F2B1065-8B35-40EA-9DBC-1F06DE30D0E0-149

can see my common bathroom wall from my master bathroom window. heehee

AB1FEFA6-9D06-4D80-987F-BAC722E9E4CA-149

Concealed bath system in the wall.. hope it lasts and lasts and don't give me any problems please. :thumbs up: And my nice niche at the bottom, so that I can put all my shampoos and stuff. The ID moved it down because he didn't want the hand shower hose blocking part of the niche and getting tangled in my bottles. Thoughtful of him. :notti: