Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
plainsharon

So Far So Good At Foliage [4-Room]

Comparing to the almost same sofa from star living and Hommange.

Star Living : Cheaper

Hommage : More comfortable and worth the money

As Eric was explaining to us how sofa are usually 5 legs for more support but this sofa from hommage uses 4 legs and still could provide 5 years warrenty. Further more, we test and find that the sofa from Hommage is more cushion-ie, have the bouncing feel while star living sofa feels more harder and not so cushion-ie

Fabric material wise, Hommage feels and looks are of better quality compare to Hommage.

1457758_10152452989664546_585519226_n.jp

1457578_10152464334029546_1403885942_n.j

Hi plainsharon,

I got the same design as you but I took a darker color. Before I place my order, I went to few places to try. And I did a review on this design http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/61828-looking-for-furniture-shop-that-sell-good-leather-sofa/

I totally agreed with you that Hommage 'feel' is so much better and their price are :good: .

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Day 56

Mr K just came back from his holiday trip on Tuesday night. Call him up yesterday and was told that he will drop by our place today.

Mr K was busy clearing paperwork yesterday.

This morning called Mr K again and he say he have yet to drop by our place and will do so in the afternoon. He kept emphasising that he do not even have time to go toilet and been busy the whole day. :o

Finally he went up and see that things are okay. :D

Gave him a call in the afternoon to see hows the outcome after dropping by. :)

He mentioned everything was okay, reminded him that Carpenter was going to give me drawing on Monday but did not. Mr K mentioned that he will forward me the drawing. :)

Then was awaiting for his direction on the next move as our HERF have yet to lay or arrange for a time slot and mentioned to him that the false ceiling guy made alot of putty art on the flooring. In return, Mr K shoot us that we chased him to get false ceiling done before clearing. :angry:

Understood that Mr K was super busy at this period thus we tried to make it easy for him by helping him to co-ordinate but end up :fire:

Alot of things have to await for his directions so that we could proceed, if false ceiling and box up is not done we could not carry on with the aircon so on and so forth... :angry: :angry:

And were really concern if reno could be completed by Chinese New year, furthermore before Chinese new year, needs to get our things move over to the new house from our old house. If handover is 1 week before Chinese New Year, we will only left with a week to move over to our new house. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Carpentry needed 2.5 weeks and carpentry measurement could only come in after false ceiling are done, the later carpentry is being measured, the later carpentry moves in and affecting the moving date as well, so on and so forth. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

To-Do-List

1. Shower screen

2. Service yard window

3. 1st round chemical cleaning

4. HERF Laying (BY Evorich)

5. tiling touch up as the chemical wash will definately wash out the grouting for the tiles.

6. Water pipes

7. Carpentry

8. Final Wiring for electricity beneath the cabinets and console

9. Final painting

10. Final Chemical Wash

11. Touch up if any (Upon approval on the amount of touch up needed and the extensive touch up required)

1 month left to handover.

Edited by plainsharon

Hi plainsharon, I understand how you feel. Most of the problems we encountered were solvable kind just need a bit more time.

If he promised you that it will be ready by xxx, he sure will do for you.

I still have outstanding item (carpentry work) from him but decided that we will move in first since it's just shoe rack.

By the way, what is final wiring?

Actually once carpentry is up, things will progress very quickly...

Meanwhile, go shopping for your house decos. Get items which needs fixing or drilling on walls first while waiting. I leave all these as post-reno and nw the house is empty.. hahaha. Wanna hang photos and clock only can ask them to agar a spot to put nail for me.

ps: He didnt even pass me the lamitak booklet... :( I choose fr the other laminates booklet and a stacked of sample (super heavy). dk if lamitak are in the big stack, but I wasnt informed that lamitak is better.. sigh...

Well, despite the small hiccups here and there, I am still quite pleased with the final product...

All these will be worthwhile once the reno is done.. hang in there!

Day 53

Purchasing of Furniture

Went to hommage furniture located at No. 40 Jalan Pemimpin Tat Ann Building, #03-02 and was serve by Charles and Eric, they were not pushy and they are definitely knowledgeable in sofa and mattress.

We were the last customer and they took time to explain till 1.5hr pass the closing time. They hardly budge or rather do not budge on their pricing unlike certain stores. After purchasing from them we did a quick googling on them. True enough their feedback were nothing but just good review and satisfy customers. :D

Glad that we have purchase from them and have paid full payment using CC as paying deposit will only allow deposit to be made in CC but balance to be in cash or cheque.

Thanks to juxstapose that we have found a great place to purchase our furniture. We were planning to roam around more furniture shops to do more research but decided that we were too tired and decided to just purchase from hommage furniture

We bought a 2.5 seater sofa with the same designa as below :

Image is a 2 seater sofa

1457578_10152464334029546_1403885942_n.j

Image is a 3 seater sofa :

1480663_10152464333254546_1157158922_n.j

Hommage boast about the material used for this sofa to be exclusive for the sofa supplier :

1455197_10152464333114546_137026028_n.jp

Material Used :

530508_10152464333589546_1002793492_n.jp

Similair Barbarra or Brandy Lounge Chair :

1394426_10152464333389546_2070181064_n.j

And a 1.5m Dining Table.

3 things off the To-Buy-List :lol:

HJow much you bot this Brandy Lounge Chair? Do they come with other colour as well? :)

Nice choice of sofa and this chair!

Actually me and my wife didn't really like one of the Honmage staff.

He's just a bit smart aleck type.

But nothing wrong with the products they make. Their showroom is nothing much though. But catalogue a lot of stuff lol :sport-smiley-018:

HJow much you bot this Brandy Lounge Chair? Do they come with other colour as well? :)

Nice choice of sofa and this chair!

Hi Kelhy! We bought the Brandy Lounge Chair at $799. It comes with that orange, blue and red. Those are all cashmere material as per according to them. :rolleyes:

Actually me and my wife didn't really like one of the Honmage staff.

He's just a bit smart aleck type.

But nothing wrong with the products they make. Their showroom is nothing much though. But catalogue a lot of stuff lol :sport-smiley-018:

I guess i knew who, there is only 2 staff in hommage, they are not hard up for sales maybe thats why they give off the attitude that they do not necessary need us to commit to their furniture.

Totally agree with you that there is nothing much in the showroom but we went there to see the barbarra chair aka brandy chair and found another sofa which happens to be what we were looking for at a okay price.

Initially did not want to commit to the dining table but were lazy to go back to star living for the dining table, furthermore the dining table at hommage is not too expensive thus we went for them.

Hi plainsharon, I understand how you feel. Most of the problems we encountered were solvable kind just need a bit more time.

If he promised you that it will be ready by xxx, he sure will do for you.

I still have outstanding item (carpentry work) from him but decided that we will move in first since it's just shoe rack.

By the way, what is final wiring?

Actually once carpentry is up, things will progress very quickly...

Meanwhile, go shopping for your house decos. Get items which needs fixing or drilling on walls first while waiting. I leave all these as post-reno and nw the house is empty.. hahaha. Wanna hang photos and clock only can ask them to agar a spot to put nail for me.

ps: He didnt even pass me the lamitak booklet... :( I choose fr the other laminates booklet and a stacked of sample (super heavy). dk if lamitak are in the big stack, but I wasnt informed that lamitak is better.. sigh...

Well, despite the small hiccups here and there, I am still quite pleased with the final product...

All these will be worthwhile once the reno is done.. hang in there!

Thanks tangie! Glad that we are not alone. I guess we had similiar situations.

Mr K did not promised when it will be ready but mentioned it will be in mid jan before chinese new year. we just check and need to move in on 12th Jan, so we are not sure how to go about it.

The final wiring is the electricity pulling beneath the cabinets and console, those needs to pull wire for the final time. :)

Am shopping for house deco already but afraid we might buy too much so we bought little by little and start buying more when we move in and see what we need and lacks. I'm wondering, for those drilling and fixing, Mr K's worker will fix for us but which worker will be doing it? Carpentry?

I chased Mr K for the lamitak booklet as initially i asked Mr K for formica but he gave us lamitak and says formica's designs are old fashion.

We have to ask from the carpenter himself for the samples, Mr K did not give it to us. I did asked about whether yours might be lamitak as we wants to look at the waredrobe laminate and was told that yours might not be lamitak but could check with K if you could have picked any lamitak samples.

We have some hiccups here and there as well, hubby says that if its other ID, situation will be even worst. :(

I guess we have caught Mr K at the wrong time for reno due to his peak period.

Edited by plainsharon

Hi Kelhy! We bought the Brandy Lounge Chair at $799. It comes with that orange, blue and red. Those are all cashmere material as per according to them. :rolleyes:

I guess i knew who, there is only 2 staff in hommage, they are not hard up for sales maybe thats why they give off the attitude that they do not necessary need us to commit to their furniture.

Totally agree with you that there is nothing much in the showroom but we went there to see the barbarra chair aka brandy chair and found another sofa which happens to be what we were looking for at a okay price.

Initially did not want to commit to the dining table but were lazy to go back to star living for the dining table, furthermore the dining table at hommage is not too expensive thus we went for them.

Mr K did not promised when it will be ready but mentioned it will be in mid jan before chinese new year. we just check and need to move in on 12th Jan, so we are not sure how to go about it.

The final wiring is the electricity pulling beneath the cabinets and console, those needs to pull wire for the final time. :)

Am shopping for house deco already but afraid we might buy too much so we bought little by little and start buying more when we move in and see what we need and lacks. I'm wondering, for those drilling and fixing, Mr K's worker will fix for us but which worker will be doing it? Carpentry?

I chased Mr K for the lamitak booklet as initially i asked Mr K for formica but he gave us lamitak and says formica's designs are old fashion.

We have to ask from the carpenter himself for the samples, Mr K did not give it to us. I did asked about whether yours might be lamitak as we wants to look at the waredrobe laminate and was told that yours might not be lamitak but could check with K if you could have picked any lamitak samples.

We have some hiccups here and there as well, hubby says that if its other ID situation will be even worst. :(

I guess we have caught Mr K at the wrong time for reno due to his peak period. Hearing how he complains about certain projects he done, it makes us feels that he will say likewise to his other customers about us as well. :(

Somewhat concern about the final touch up, am afraid if we only have some minor touch up and we get him to fix, he will start complaining how small little things we wants him to touch it up. :( Or how we get his workers to come down couple trips to fix things. :(

For me. my ID did some of the stuff himself. haha like grouting, putty, installing of a TV rack. He did quite a few grouting/silicone touchups himself.

I don't think Mr K has the time.

Hmm installation of wall screws and accessories, Mine was when the plumber came to install taps and accessories. I mounted some wall screws for my clocks, one plastic bag dispenser and one amazon broomstick holder.

Hi Sharon, my house is also being done up by Mr k! Hope he isn't complaining abt me! Lol! Cos I ask his guys to do quite a fair bit of rectification.

You can check out our blog.

We have some hiccups here and there as well, hubby says that if its other ID situation will be even worst. :(

I guess we have caught Mr K at the wrong time for reno due to his peak period. Hearing how he complains about certain projects he done, it makes us feels that he will say likewise to his other customers about us as well. :(

Somewhat concern about the final touch up, am afraid if we only have some minor touch up and we get him to fix, he will start complaining how small little things we wants him to touch it up. :( Or how we get his workers to come down couple trips to fix things. :(

Yes! You are not alone.

Please remind him of your moving date from time to time, most likely, if he can, sure will do it for you.

The carpenter will be a better person for drilling, for fixing, I am not sure.

I personally prefer to do the touch up one shot after we moved in for about a week or two. Now what we see are very superficial, only when u moved in den will be able to see where the real problems are. But somehow he arranged all his workers to come to our house today to do the touch up. I find it too early. I suggest touch up to wait till aft u move in (before house warming) unless the problem is very major and needs immediate attention kind.

Oops, did he complaint about mine? Hahaha, we keep calling him for all the tiny problems we found initially. And he was very nice also, arranged someone to fix our problem as and when also.. but I seldom see him at my place... asked if he would be around to oversee the touch up work (carrying out today), he said he don't have time. :(

My colleague who is having her house reno at the same time gotten a very good contractor. The contractor oversee most of the work to make sure the worker do their job properly and get it done once and for all. True enough, my colleague haven't found any areas for touch up yet, probably all rectified by the contractor even before my colleague get to see it.

I think it's very important to engage someone who can commit his time and heart for your house.

• Like 1

For me. my ID did some of the stuff himself. haha like grouting, putty, installing of a TV rack. He did quite a few grouting/silicone touchups himself.

I don't think Mr K has the time.

Hmm installation of wall screws and accessories, Mine was when the plumber came to install taps and accessories. I mounted some wall screws for my clocks, one plastic bag dispenser and one amazon broomstick holder.

Thats pretty good, luckily did not take Mr K to do up your reno. He is really busy nowadays. I wonder mine does it, as i have no idea when the plumber is coming etc. Have to bug Mr K on when the plumber, carpenter and the list goes on . . on when there are coming.

Hi Sharon, my house is also being done up by Mr k! Hope he isn't complaining abt me! Lol! Cos I ask his guys to do quite a fair bit of rectification.

You can check out our blog.

Hi klimoo~ Thanks for directing to your blog as have no idea it was done up by Mr K. But your reno progression seems fast. How long did he takes? He usually mentioned the complains by places. x= Does your BTO happens to be in Woodland or BoonLay? These are the other 2 he have mentioned but have yet to see them appear on renotalk. :)

Yes! You are not alone.

Please remind him of your moving date from time to time, most likely, if he can, sure will do it for you.

The carpenter will be a better person for drilling, for fixing, I am not sure.

I personally prefer to do the touch up one shot after we moved in for about a week or two. Now what we see are very superficial, only when u moved in den will be able to see where the real problems are. But somehow he arranged all his workers to come to our house today to do the touch up. I find it too early. I suggest touch up to wait till aft u move in (before house warming) unless the problem is very major and needs immediate attention kind.

Oops, did he complaint about mine? Hahaha, we keep calling him for all the tiny problems we found initially. And he was very nice also, arranged someone to fix our problem as and when also.. but I seldom see him at my place... asked if he would be around to oversee the touch up work (carrying out today), he said he don't have time. :(

My colleague who is having her house reno at the same time gotten a very good contractor. The contractor oversee most of the work to make sure the worker do their job properly and get it done once and for all. True enough, my colleague haven't found any areas for touch up yet, probably all rectified by the contractor even before my colleague get to see it.

I think it's very important to engage someone who can commit his time and heart for your house.

Thanks tangie for advising~ i did msg him last night about the date but he did not reply. Did not want to bug him today about the date i texted him. Getting a little too hardhearted to check updates from him.

The carpenter mentioned it will take about 3weeks - 1 month to install the carpentry works and plumber can only come after carpentry how about painting and the rest. OMG :jawdrop:

Mr K dint complaint about yours but we did mentioned about the lights that was hitting the waredrobe door. :D

There's a few things Mr. K mentioned but its abit here and there and everywhere.

Mr K told us, we did not see him does not mean he did not go down to our places.

Agree that its important to find someone who and commit time for the renovation!

Edited by plainsharon

Thanks tangie for advising~ i did msg him last night about the date but he did not reply. Did not want to bug him today about the date i texted him. Getting a little too hardhearted to check updates from him.

The carpenter mentioned it will take about 3weeks - 1 month to install the carpentry works and plumber can only come after carpentry how about painting and the rest. OMG :jawdrop:

Mr K dint complaint about yours but we did mentioned about the lights that was hitting the waredrobe door. :D

There's a few things Mr. K mentioned but its abit here and there and everywhere.

Mr K told us, we did not see him does not mean he did not go down to our places. I mentioned that he used to take photos and send to customers, nowadays he does not do that. Then he was telling me about the handover part, after 2nd chemical wash is handover and automatically change lock, there is no official handover etc.

Agree that its important to find someone who and commit time for the renovation!

Don't worry, he don't reply doesn't mean he don't care. He remembers. but probably caught up with other stuff, once he comes back to you, he will settle all at one go, including the msg that he don't reply. (hee, afterall i think when it comes to texting, he is not that pro, most of the time he will reply via phone call)

We didn't bother about the plumber time and etc, just get our bathroom accessories and write the height where we want it to be and place the item on the floor then inform K. He will make arrangement for plumber or whoever to install when he got the manpower. Probably better? At least the plumber dont have to match my timing, he just do whenever he free.

hahaha, the wardrobe hitting the light is small issue. just change the light will do. we are lucky, he just busy but overall work is still good. There are others who paid a premium for lousy work done.

Yes, no official handover. Once all the things are up, (aside from rectification), we changed the lock cos our household appliances was delivered too. Of course, before we change the lock, we did check wit K first to make sure his workers dont need to come up on their own to carry out work any more.

Don't worry, he don't reply doesn't mean he don't care. He remembers. but probably caught up with other stuff, once he comes back to you, he will settle all at one go, including the msg that he don't reply. (hee, afterall i think when it comes to texting, he is not that pro, most of the time he will reply via phone call)

We didn't bother about the plumber time and etc, just get our bathroom accessories and write the height where we want it to be and place the item on the floor then inform K. He will make arrangement for plumber or whoever to install when he got the manpower. Probably better? At least the plumber dont have to match my timing, he just do whenever he free.

hahaha, the wardrobe hitting the light is small issue. just change the light will do. we are lucky, he just busy but overall work is still good. There are others who paid a premium for lousy work done.

Yes, no official handover. Once all the things are up, (aside from rectification), we changed the lock cos our household appliances was delivered too. Of course, before we change the lock, we did check wit K first to make sure his workers dont need to come up on their own to carry out work any more.

Really appreciate your advises. :good: Will start to dig out the rain shower we purchase and place it in the bathroom so Mr K will know and install at his own time. :rolleyes:

Mr. K overall work is still good, i guess if it was other ID or contractor i will have even more huge issues.

Mr K mentioned that some did not change lock and he remind and they quickly change right away.