Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
inthechouse

A Canvas To Our Imagination: Thoreau

Just wanna share something which I'm not even sure it's useful. For those who are not using piped gas or electrical cookers, your contractor and subcons are not gonna hook up the gas cylinder to your cooker hob for you. It's apparently the job of the gas company. So I called Union and they told me it was the job of my contractors'. They said their driver can "try" to do it, but "they are not professional", so don't blame them if anything goes wrong. Sounds scary right? So I asked Alan if he knows of any company which does the hooking up, and he said he will ask around for me. Then, while sitting at the bus stop waiting for a bus, I saw a gas truck go by. It belongs to one "Tan Brothers" company. So I googled them and gave them a call. Turns out their services include installation ($30), so an appointment was fixed there and then.

Maybe y'all already know this. But I didn't, until yesterday. :bleah:

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello!

Got finished pic of the patched cement wall?

I have one area in my bathroom where holes were wrongly drilled so patched up. Wondering how to get the shade/colour the same.

Hello! I've yet to visit the flat since my independent contractor patched it up. Will find up tomorrow and take a pic. I believe it won't be a 100% match. But it should be a closer match than whatever the workers filled the holes with, which was a very dark shade of grey, and apparently cement. We shall see.

I am taking the house on 27th March (I am Kiasu and KiaSi pattern) :bleah:

The FSM will come my house to audit on 29th March, then I will ask the selected IDs to come and see the house and quote and redesign to work around the FSM instruction.

Till now I haven't even purchased a single thing and etc. (This time really Mati liao) :D:lol:

Trying to recall what was I doing 1 month before I collected the keys... Oh, buying small stuff during my visit to Japan, and also going around to see the major furniture items so I know what to get when the time comes.

It will be fun! Excited and happy for you. :good:

Question: Does anyone know where I can find the clay stove thingy to hold charcoal for the ritual at the door step on the day of moving in? Best if someone can show me a photo of it. Heh. Thanks!

Hello! I've yet to visit the flat since my independent contractor patched it up. Will find up tomorrow and take a pic. I believe it won't be a 100% match. But it should be a closer match than whatever the workers filled the holes with, which was a very dark shade of grey, and apparently cement. We shall see.

Trying to recall what was I doing 1 month before I collected the keys... Oh, buying small stuff during my visit to Japan, and also going around to see the major furniture items so I know what to get when the time comes.

It will be fun! Excited and happy for you. :good:

Hope so too.

Starting to get stress out as date loom nearer ~ wahahaha

Songz, don't be! if your ID/contractor is responsible and on the ball, you shouldn't have to tear your hair out. So, choose wisely. :)

Found the clay stove thingy at Sia Huat in Chinatown. Got the rest of my chinaware, crystal glasses and kitchen accessories there too. It's forever bustling with business!

Packed most of my stuff, excluding clothes and shoes. Will try to do as much as we can tomorrow, and collect the rest later (after settling down).

Question: Does anyone know where I can find the clay stove thingy to hold charcoal for the ritual at the door step on the day of moving in? Best if someone can show me a photo of it. Heh. Thanks!

images.jpg

Something like this. Think will have a hard time searching for this.

Just wanna share something which I'm not even sure it's useful. For those who are not using piped gas or electrical cookers, your contractor and subcons are not gonna hook up the gas cylinder to your cooker hob for you. It's apparently the job of the gas company. So I called Union and they told me it was the job of my contractors'. They said their driver can "try" to do it, but "they are not professional", so don't blame them if anything goes wrong. Sounds scary right? So I asked Alan if he knows of any company which does the hooking up, and he said he will ask around for me. Then, while sitting at the bus stop waiting for a bus, I saw a gas truck go by. It belongs to one "Tan Brothers" company. So I googled them and gave them a call. Turns out their services include installation ($30), so an appointment was fixed there and then.

Maybe y'all already know this. But I didn't, until yesterday. :bleah:

thanks for sharing. I also need LPG. now i know which company to approach :good:

thanks for sharing. I also need LPG. now i know which company to approach :good:

Just found out today that there's a charge of $90 for a connector and not sure what. Apparently my hob packaging didn't come with it. Please also standby an appropriate battery for your hob. They won't provide.

Just found out today that there's a charge of $90 for a connector and not sure what. Apparently my hob packaging didn't come with it. Please also standby an appropriate battery for your hob. They won't provide.

hmm..what hob did you buy? When i ordered my hob i did specify that it should be for LPG and not PUB. And the hob comes with a battery.

Is it the connector to the LPG gas bottle? That one is specific to whichever 'brand' of LPG gas you're using...or so I think.

Mom's place is using LPG and when she changed the LPG supplying company, she had to pay to change the connecting thing.

Some brands' LPG gas connector to the bottle is 'snap-on'. Some are just put it on and turn a lever to secure. Personally, the snap-on one is more difficult to handle coz you have to get the correct angle to be able to snap it on.

Bought a Brandt hob. Aiya the whole episode was so confusing. Everyone was telling me different things. Anyway luckily it's all sorted out very quickly.

Speaking of hob, Alan's team installed my hood upside down. The gas man had a good laugh when he spotted it. -.-

Major electronics delivered yesterday. Ditched the number lock for a sturdy padlock.

Woke up at 6+ today to do the ritual at the new place, and returned before Shalom Movers came.

Everything (20 boxes and a few big items) were moved in by 11am.

So tired and sleepy now! Thankfully it's just two appointments today: Sia Huat delivery, rectification work by VYY (Swingslide Door's installers drilled through the other side of the wall!) and not sure what.

Tomorrow, it's the delivery of the 1.8m solid teak dining table, and the installation of the storeroom rack by Yee Sin.