Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
inthechouse

A Canvas To Our Imagination: Thoreau

Btw, thanks for the info, Koori. I shall not change gas company then. Was actually toying with the idea. LOL.

Haha...can actually ask the gas company lah. they might offer to waive it to get you to switch leh....LOL...

Congrats on your move!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thank you both!

We've gotta use matches to light the cooker cos we just can't find the right size of battery for the ignition. C and D have both failed to fit. Nothing mentioned in the manual. And best of all, the Brandt people, as well as Mega Discount where we bought the hob from, can't help. Imagine that.

Thank you both!

We've gotta use matches to light the cooker cos we just can't find the right size of battery for the ignition. C and D have both failed to fit. Nothing mentioned in the manual. And best of all, the Brandt people, as well as Mega Discount where we bought the hob from, can't help. Imagine that.

Left with AA or AAA size. I mean common battery sizes are just these few...unless it's one of those exotic square battery types?

Hi tessina, turns out it's a D (we didn't buy the correct D the first time). Grateful to the chap at the hardware store nearby. He just said "D" without blinking. Still pissed with that Brandt staff's nonchalant attitude. Hope we won't need servicing ever.

In other news... It turns out that the black out curtains I chose for the bedroom is not so black out. LOL. Maybe because it's a light colour. But it's from the black out booklet of samples. Oh nevermind.

The water in the master bathroom isn't draining well. Some of you may recall that we've asked for an extra floor trap way back then. They only conceded to that for the common bathroom. Oh well.

The unpacking is taking forever...

Still waiting for Alan to come "check" the upside down hood, one chipped bathroom wall tile, and the badly done silicon work for the glass panel in the bathroom. He's probably not anxious about the last 10%?

Thanks, guys. Will definitely hold on to it!

Makan, how was your final inspection like? The day before I moved in I asked Alan when are we gonna have the final inspection and he said something like, "what final inspection? you've already told me all the outstanding issues."

Can I just say that I've not had the time to "knock" on all the tiles? I am praying they are all ok -.-

Pls do it when you are free.

I find this very important as it may cause burst when pressure is being build up if the tiles are not laid properly.

(*Juz my 2 cents worth)

Hi, there was no final inspection as Alan didn't want to see us. He knew he would receive a big scolding as he left us to coordinate everything from the 3rd week of our renovation. Since you are still on talking terms with him, please insist on a final inspection for a proper handover :)

Hi inthechouse,

think you might still be busy unpacking.

checking if there are any photos of your iquartz top? Picking colors for quartz top now and I'm leaning towards iZen too...wanted to see how yours look like... :idea:

Hi inthechouse,

checking if there are any photos of your iquartz top? Picking colors for quartz top now and I'm leaning towards iZen too...wanted to see how yours look like... :idea:

I should be putting up the iZen photos in my t-blog soon (by the end of today).

Hi, there was no final inspection as Alan didn't want to see us. He knew he would receive a big scolding as he left us to coordinate everything from the 3rd week of our renovation. Since you are still on talking terms with him, please insist on a final inspection for a proper handover :)

Try my best. Zzz.

Hi inthechouse,

I do, but I've yet to upload them onto Photobucket. Meanwhile, here's the Google image link.

I should be putting up the iZen photos in my t-blog soon (by the end of today).

Looks like the iZen is undoubtedly one of the most popular iQuartz colour around here. :notti:

P.S: I must say that passing over iPure for iZen was one of the best decisions we made. Amid the hassle of packing and unpacking, there was simply no time to maintain a white counter top. With iZen, stains were hardly visible, and we could place whatever we wanted on it in the middle of all the chaos. No regrets.

Edited by inthechouse

Try my best. Zzz.

I do, but I've yet to upload them onto Photobucket. Meanwhile, here's the Google image link.

Looks like the iZen is undoubtedly one of the most popular iQuartz colour around here. :notti:

P.S: I must say that passing over iPure for iZen was one of the best decisions we made. Amid the hassle of packing and unpacking, there was simply no time to maintain a white counter top. With iZen, stains were hardly visible, and we could place whatever we wanted on it in the middle of all the chaos. No regrets.

hi inthechouse, just dropping by to say congrats on completing the reno! Ours is also awaiting final inspection right now and we can't wait for everything to be over. Instead of hiring movers, we have been bringing a few boxes over each time we go to our new place.

Nothing like the feeling of settling into your new house eh? Btw, how many rounds of cleaning have you done so far?