Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Songz

3 Room Resale

I am planning to buy the curtains from IKEA. Ikea has those curtains which can block out the sunlight but its a bit expensive though... I think its about $100/set. But overall, I still think Ikea curtains are much cheaper than custom-made ones! :)

the most expensive I saw was $129/set.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Trust me $129 is not that expensive from some I have check. Hahaha ~

Initially I also want to buy from IKEA.... after seeing their curtains, it's really cheap. But after you add in the pole and some screws, actually not that cheap. But of course definitely cheaper than custom made lar....

But IKEA I find it quite troublesome, must DIY. If not, sent their man down, $50 transport, drill one hole $5. This is how they charge. For people very good in DIY of course no problem.

• Like 1

Initially I also want to buy from IKEA.... after seeing their curtains, it's really cheap. But after you add in the pole and some screws, actually not that cheap. But of course definitely cheaper than custom made lar....

But IKEA I find it quite troublesome, must DIY. If not, sent their man down, $50 transport, drill one hole $5. This is how they charge. For people very good in DIY of course no problem.

I 'pressured' my contractor to drill the curtain poles for me. haha...and I actually made it back with curtain poles in a taxi! Had to 'endure' black faced taxi uncle lah. The longer pole went from driver seat in front and end at the backseat. haha...

Taxi cost me about $25, so still save on transport. :P

Thanks for the information.

If that is the case I will really need to rethink on getting Ikea curtains (I am confirmed not a DIY person or should I say that my DIY skills CMI totally )

But i think your contractor can do it for you deh? maybe just sa jiao a bit? ;p

Hahaha ~

A girl who Sa Jiao = people will say cute or so pitiful !

A guy (like me) Sa Jiao = people will say si ah gua or faggy (word originated from Faggot) ! :no:

Hahaha ~

A girl who Sa Jiao = people will say cute or so pitiful !

A guy (like me) Sa Jiao = people will say si ah gua or faggy (word originated from Faggot) ! :no:

Try mans-talk with contractor /ID lah...dun need sa jiao de lah.

Haha... I'm assuming your contractor / ID is a guy. :P

Me as a girl dunno how to sa-jiao either.

I just matter of factly asked my contractor - so can you help me install curtain rods / kitchen stuff that needs to be fixed to the wall? After he said yes, small matter not a problem, I pester him to tell me which team is doing so I can go point out what to go where... :P

I think it will not be an issue, just kidding a bit (no offence)

Anyway still got to go down to Ikea and take a look before i make the decision.

Anyway just to share with you people that there will be another Furniture fair in coming week (Anyone interested to go and take a look together) :

http://www.myhomeinternational.com.sg/

Edited by Songz

I think it will not be an issue, just kidding a bit (no offence)

Anyway still got to go down to Ikea and take a look before i make the decision.

Anyway just to share with you people that there will be another Furniture fair in coming week (Anyone interested to go and take a look together) :

http://www.myhomeinternational.com.sg/

I think every 2-3 mths expo will have one, and....... its always the usual suspect there....... no change de.... lol

ahhboi is correct. TY Curtains will always be there. So will be TAME

I think every 2-3 mths expo will have one, and....... its always the usual suspect there....... no change de.... lol

Not dishonest. If dishonest, i die liao cause i bought from them at Expo... :jawdrop:

first one is curtain seller, the other is the laundry system.

TY Curtains and TAME is what ?

Bad dishonest merchants ?

Not dishonest. If dishonest, i die liao cause i bought from them at Expo... :jawdrop:

first one is curtain seller, the other is the laundry system.

LoL ~ paisey paisey ...

Maybe i will go and take a look at this incoming expo event ...

Hi everyone, been reading this forum since I started sourcing for my house.

Thought it will be great to start a blog to share my renovation journey for my first house.

After going through various viewing, I settle for a flat at Ang Mo Kio Blk 118 - Corridor Unit (*Only look around AMK as my mum stay there)

Just settled my 2nd OTP thus mostly getting the house in End March or April, got to admit that buying through single's scheme is really very taxing on the wallet.

Below is my Floor Plan

I have not really decide how to renovate my house so I really hope some experienced people can give some advise to me :

From house renovation,ID or contractors, brands of electrical stuff or any other small minor things which I should take note ^^

(Thanks in advance)

Ah Songz, I nearly stay near you sia. But decide to skip AMK as not much corner units to choose and the corridor side by side very near to neighbor.