Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Thanks guys/ gals for getting me Roy's contact. Greatly appreciate your help

Hi FloralBiss>

No Problem : ) so how is it gg on now? have u gotten the quotes from ROy? :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi everyone,

i'm getting Roy to do a quote for me

would like to feedback on how is his overall workmanship on

wetworks/tiling, carpentery and electrical?

cause i think everyone talking about qutotes and design but not much on workmanship, is he involved in designing or does he have designers to do 3D drawings for him?

how long does it take for him to prepare 3D drawings?

anything else i need to look out for?

I cant comment on worksmanship cuz i've got no experience. All i can say is that im fine with it.

Regarding designing, he'll design it according to ur needs and then, he will pass these ideas to his designer so that the designer can come up with the 3D drawings. The time the 3D drawings will be ready varies from customer to customer. For me, as long as the drawing is done b4 my work is carried out, im fine with it.

I cant comment on worksmanship cuz i've got no experience. All i can say is that im fine with it.

Regarding designing, he'll design it according to ur needs and then, he will pass these ideas to his designer so that the designer can come up with the 3D drawings. The time the 3D drawings will be ready varies from customer to customer. For me, as long as the drawing is done b4 my work is carried out, im fine with it.

Hi fellows

I called him last week but he was busy with appts and cant meet up for quotation.

Is there any other ID or he is the boss?

I am tired and hope to end my search with Roy based on all your feedbacks n pics. I thinking of just asking him to come to my new vacant house for quotation.

As there are no cost mentioned, anyone can to share his/her quotation with me for a full renovation for a 4rm resale flat? Anyone has his renov completed by Roy within one month?

Thks

Hi fellows

I called him last week but he was busy with appts and cant meet up for quotation.

Is there any other ID or he is the boss?

I am tired and hope to end my search with Roy based on all your feedbacks n pics. I thinking of just asking him to come to my new vacant house for quotation.

As there are no cost mentioned, anyone can to share his/her quotation with me for a full renovation for a 4rm resale flat? Anyone has his renov completed by Roy within one month?

Thks

HI SGpeace... so far our reno is close to completion but it took about 2 months... cos HDB was trying to rectify the defects first before Roy can carry out the reno... are u in the hurry to move in?

Yup i guess Roy is kinda busy lately... when he went up to our hse on last fri... someone text him and ask him for quotation.. he show me his hp sms... true enff .. a meet up maybe a bit tight for him.. but then so far he is quite prompt in giving a quotation... workmanship so far so good... not much issue... :good:

ours is a so call New .. but alr 7yrs old hse but no one lived in there before... about 25k reno including electricial work...

Hi FloralBiss>

No Problem : ) so how is it gg on now? have u gotten the quotes from ROy? :D

Hi kittygal, I've spoken to Roy on last Fri. Quite a friendly chap to speak. He said he'll give me a rough quotation first then after that we can meet up for discussion at his office. Have just sent him our requirements and floorplan on Sun. Now pending him to give a quote.

Hi kittygal, I've spoken to Roy on last Fri. Quite a friendly chap to speak. He said he'll give me a rough quotation first then after that we can meet up for discussion at his office. Have just sent him our requirements and floorplan on Sun. Now pending him to give a quote.

Hi FloralBliss.. nice to hear this good news from you... hope Roy will be ur confirm ID.. u have not much worries... :D

$45K Wow, that's alot,

you doing alot of carpentry work?

I think $45K is reasonable if u include electrical works. Yes, im doing quite a lot of carpentry

1. Do platform for study with 9ft/10ft full height bookshelf and 7ft work area

2. 19.5ft WIW

3. 32ft kitchen cabinet (include top n bottom cabinet)

4. 2 x 7ft Feature wall. One for living room and another one for store wall

5. 3ft full height shoe cabinet

:yamseng:

Edited by redknapp39

Hi FloralBliss.. nice to hear this good news from you... hope Roy will be ur confirm ID.. u have not much worries... :D

Thks Kittygal...i have sold my flat and bought the new at the same time. The buyer do not want me to rent my place till renov complete. I only have a mth for reno for my new place which needs a major one n hopin to get everything done on the design, cost n tiles etc before works start.

The owner for my new place also dun allow me to start renov before 2nd appt. So sad as the place is alrd vacant.

Btw i saw your new hme.......very nice...

Thks Kittygal...i have sold my flat and bought the new at the same time. The buyer do not want me to rent my place till renov complete. I only have a mth for reno for my new place which needs a major one n hopin to get everything done on the design, cost n tiles etc before works start.

The owner for my new place also dun allow me to start renov before 2nd appt. So sad as the place is alrd vacant.

hi SGpeace-

I SEE... NO Matter u sound so anxious wanting the reno to start soon.. u saw my hse? u went there with Roy or u mean Picture? haha.. thanks thanks... still got some carpentry work to complete.. so will post up more pictures soon.. stay tune..

Pray that u could maybe get a place to stay while waiting for ur reno to complete.. cos within a month is possible if only u do not have major things like carpentry..

I think $45K is reasonable if u include electrical works. Yes, im doing quite a lot of carpentry

1. Do platform for study with 9ft/10ft full height bookshelf and 7ft work area

2. 19.5ft WIW

3. 16ft kitchen cabinet

4. 2 x 7ft Feature wall. One for living room and another one for store wall

5. 3ft full height shoe cabinet

:yamseng:

hello redkappa.. how are u? when will ur renovation be starting?

rem to post up more pictures ya.. :):P

how big is your new place? i remembered the last round when my elder brother did his place; his is a 3 room flat in Holland Close...he also only has 4 weeks to complete...and it was very rush and the day when he moved in; we actually helped him with the move....

i can still remember on the day of the move, the curtain people still bring the samples up for him to select....so u must really plan and purchase ahead before the actual move, so that there is no complication and unhappiness along the way....

u must make sure before you commit an ID, they must commit to the completion date that both sides agree...it is better to do it black and white....All the best!

I'm in the same shoe as you. I'm given one month to move out upon completion of the sales, that is after 2nd appointment and i couldn't get hold of my EM key earlier as seller also on a tight schedule with his reno work. Thus, i have exactly 29 days to reno and leaving day 30th to move in. Some have suggested to rent a place for the time being till reno completes or to move everything to one room(need to coordinate with your contractor to at least complete the work of one room).

What i'm going to do is to request that the contractor completes reno work in 29 days but of course without compromising workmanships. If they cannot make it in 29 days, i will move my stuffs into one room and go over to stay with my parent for a week or 2.

yar Roy is good but if you are on a really tight schedule like up to a specific day, better confirm with him whether can make it coz inadvertently there will surely be unforeseen issues which can cause delay ... for example, the tile company deliver wrong tiles in my case but thankfully Roy checked early and lost maybe 3 days, lol? But for my place, was not in hurry, believe in the old chinese saying, "slower work for fine product"

For those worried about carpentry, he did a wall to ceiling solid wood book shelving, fantastic, everyone loves that room

hehe pics in link

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc65/skweerel/