Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

WOW.. SKWEEREL... U HAVE NICE KITCHEN!

bUT FOR US.. we opt not to cover up the dish rack area... so our disk rack is so call exposed to dry..

may i ask.. for your sink area.. do u use tiles or laminated wood in that cabinet?

cos like my in laws their underlying sink area is so call Hollow. u can see the base.. but for me we have taken the laminate wood as inner like a box one.. my in law kept saying that like tt not good.. haix... scared water leakage.. the "box" cannot take water.. that's their opinion la :dunno: ...

And Sgpeace.. hope u will be manage to find a place to stay like on top of the 4 weeks that u will be giving to Roy... cos sometimes some other things may cope up and delay the hand over ...

like chronograph has said.. perhaps u can consider staying over at ur parents place for additional 2 weeks.. or ask roy to get a room ready for u first? :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
WOW.. SKWEEREL... U HAVE NICE KITCHEN!

bUT FOR US.. we opt not to cover up the dish rack area... so our disk rack is so call exposed to dry..

may i ask.. for your sink area.. do u use tiles or laminated wood in that cabinet?

cos like my in laws their underlying sink area is so call Hollow. u can see the base.. but for me we have taken the laminate wood as inner like a box one.. my in law kept saying that like tt not good.. haix... scared water leakage.. the "box" cannot take water.. that's their opinion la :dunno: ...

And Sgpeace.. hope u will be manage to find a place to stay like on top of the 4 weeks that u will be giving to Roy... cos sometimes some other things may cope up and delay the hand over ...

like chronograph has said.. perhaps u can consider staying over at ur parents place for additional 2 weeks.. or ask roy to get a room ready for u first? :D

hi kitty,

thanks, i actually have two sink areas, the bathroom sink which is tiles inside (but laminate wood doors) and the kitchen sink which is laminated wood inside, coz its part of the kitchen cabinetry. So far no leakage either side but maybe coz all my water piping is new.

i can see the point ur in-laws are making .... but hor if water pipe leak, the solution is not whether tiles or wood, its changing the pipes. Cannot be that if tiles mean ok dun solve problem rite?? And unless it is a major pipe burst and not solved quickly, the laminate wood should not spoil so easily. And boxing it gives additional storage for pails, detergent etc etc without compromising aesthetic feel of the place.

my humble opinion is sometimes advice must take wif a pinch of salt, like my kitchen, everyone say WAT? WHITE? sure die etc etc ... but 7 months on, its still as in the pix coz we wipe clean regularly etc.

Eventually the home is yours, and you must come home and feel good and hence, your opinion matters most.

And during my id hunting days, only roy actually listened and any advice he gave was really practical and hence, helped rather than altered our vision. Which is why i give him much kudos.

yar Roy is good but if you are on a really tight schedule like up to a specific day, better confirm with him whether can make it coz inadvertently there will surely be unforeseen issues which can cause delay ... for example, the tile company deliver wrong tiles in my case but thankfully Roy checked early and lost maybe 3 days, lol? But for my place, was not in hurry, believe in the old chinese saying, "slower work for fine product"

For those worried about carpentry, he did a wall to ceiling solid wood book shelving, fantastic, everyone loves that room

hehe pics in link

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc65/skweerel/

hi,

u got a serta bed? which model is that?

HI SGpeace... so far our reno is close to completion but it took about 2 months... cos HDB was trying to rectify the defects first before Roy can carry out the reno... are u in the hurry to move in?

Yup i guess Roy is kinda busy lately... when he went up to our hse on last fri... someone text him and ask him for quotation.. he show me his hp sms... true enff .. a meet up maybe a bit tight for him.. but then so far he is quite prompt in giving a quotation... workmanship so far so good... not much issue... :good:

ours is a so call New .. but alr 7yrs old hse but no one lived in there before... about 25k reno including electricial work...

Hmm,, as mentioned i'm getting Roy to do a quote for me.

It could have been me who sms-ed him last Fri, actually i forgot which day, but maybe the text which

u saw could be mine :P

I got him to view my house already, he will be giving me exact quote soon.

btw: so far how you all nego with Roy? like what are the freebies/installation which he will usually include?

kindly advise, so that i can remember to ask him also. :D

hello redkappa.. how are u? when will ur renovation be starting?

rem to post up more pictures ya.. :):P

Im fine, thank you. My reno will start on 26 May. Cannot wait!!! Hack here, hack there. Paste tile here, paste tile there :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

yar Roy is good but if you are on a really tight schedule like up to a specific day, better confirm with him whether can make it coz inadvertently there will surely be unforeseen issues which can cause delay ... for example, the tile company deliver wrong tiles in my case but thankfully Roy checked early and lost maybe 3 days, lol? But for my place, was not in hurry, believe in the old chinese saying, "slower work for fine product"

For those worried about carpentry, he did a wall to ceiling solid wood book shelving, fantastic, everyone loves that room

hehe pics in link

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc65/skweerel/

Hi skweerel, nice place u have there. U got so many books ah!!! Im also doing a book shelf but it will have doors on it. I scared my books get dusty. Can share with me where u buy ur sofa set n dining table? They look nice. :thumbs up:

It could have been me who sms-ed him last Fri, actually i forgot which day, but maybe the text which

btw: so far how you all nego with Roy? like what are the freebies/installation which he will usually include?

The FOC stuff for installation are more or less std. Abt freebies, i dun think u should look into that so much. Some IDs give this n that but in actual fact, all these items have been included in the quotation. I went expo n they throw in so many freebies but total price still $5-10K more than Roy. :yamseng:

Yes....Roy is not the F.O.C. man.....so you need not worry that his quotes are on the high side....moreover, in the midst of the reno, he is the flexi guy whereby he will not charge you additional if he can absorb....tis is what i prefer.....at the end of the day, you will not feel that why my reno initial quote is from $30k and up till $40k....so it is not a good thing to have F.O.C. which are already hidden in the quote...

You know what i mean????

Hello Kopittehc ... i guess redk, virgo and babytan has verify that Roy price is not on the high side.. so does me.. actually the living room floor tiles suppose to be $3.10psf in our contract but when i saw ours its $3.20psf. .. roy still absorb for us.. din ask us to top up...

like the shelves in our room.. we bought from ikea.. out of goodwill.. he will us do free wall mounting..

he gives us good advice .. he say he can earn more money from us if we ask him do book shelves or hanging shelves.. but it is expensive.. so he suggested we go Ikea buy.. he help us mount free..

such ID where to find... like virgo has say.. he is a very flexible guy... just discuss with him... he will give u good and practical advice...

:yamseng:

Thanks for the advice, cause i'm worried about additional cost once the quotation is confirmed. So far i can see that Roy is a very pratical person, and from some of your pictures, he quite daring in suggestion design even though he's more contractor than designer.

btw: i can't seem to view phantom's picture, i only see his T-blog but can't find pictures, maybe too many pictures

Hello Kopittehc ... i guess redk, virgo and babytan has verify that Roy price is not on the high side.. so does me.. actually the living room floor tiles suppose to be $3.10psf in our contract but when i saw ours its $3.20psf. .. roy still absorb for us.. din ask us to top up...

actually the number of tiles needed & the cost of tiles can be easily calculated based on your floor surface area & the size of tiles. You'd be surprised that based on the the tiles are not expensive, but it's the manpower..

IMO, not asking for top-ups is no big deal. But out of curiousity, does anyone know what happen if you choose a much cheaper tile? Will the contractor/ID refund? :notti:

:yamseng:

For Roy, if im not wrong, he wont give u refund if u choose a cheaper tile. But maybe u can ask him to give u discount or FOC stuff on other areas.

Out of all the IDs i visit, only Plush say he will give refund for cheaper tiles

Thks Kittygal...i have sold my flat and bought the new at the same time. The buyer do not want me to rent my place till renov complete. I only have a mth for reno for my new place which needs a major one n hopin to get everything done on the design, cost n tiles etc before works start.

The owner for my new place also dun allow me to start renov before 2nd appt. So sad as the place is alrd vacant.

Btw i saw your new hme.......very nice...

same situation lah..i doesnt want to rush ID, therefore i am renting a flat for 1 month...

i rather spend $ to rent then to get 60% workmanship as we will be staying there for years..i believe that reasonable time has to be given also..no doubt that we do not have that luxury of time but also have to be fair to them lor..of course we are the consumers and we are paying..then it really depend on individual whether you wan to spend more $ or want better workmanship..IMHO :yamseng:

very nice :good::good:

about roy or inzen:

so far so good and he always deliver whatever he promised..

not trying to sell his idea or promote his company but he is really a nice guy (although his face always like crumpled paper :sport-smiley-004: )

he always gave good suggestions and so far i like his idea too..

just view our flat on 20th and need to make some changes or add-ons some items = pay more $ but he told me not to worry about the costs, he will do or proposed watever necessary (actually he already told me what he will do for me and i am appreciative) althought the initial quotation will looks like everything also chargeable..eg like water proofing which he quoted for 2 toilets + kitchen = $few hundreds...but end of the day, if he can absorb, he will....am asking him to help to fix planks here and there also

as for freebies, i can tell you he got NO freebies to give la :bleah: but i rather he be more helpful to help me to fix little little items then to give me FOC items and quote is higher

frankly i dun believe any ID or contractor will do things for free nor will they suffer any losses..they will sure make $ out from our reno..most important are whether you can click with the ID, satisfied with their workmanship, like there idea or not lor

...just my 2cents worth... :yamseng:

hi sanji -- yep serta, not sure whats the model name only that its the pocketed spring model ... got it from bedding saloon. one thing abt the bed, tho i m 6 ft tall, i still find the bed high ... lolz but its real good n comfy, reallie cannot feel movement at all

hi redknapp -- thanks, got more books actually but the rest are in bought bookshelves in my mahjong/guest room .. hehe, yar roy suggested doors coz of dust but we like the open feel, just muz clean more lor 8| for the sofa its from furniture club (furniture mall), doubles as storage too; advice if u do get from them, bargain and bargain hard coz the price range they quote varies greatly from salesperson to salesperson; we found this out coz we also went to their sg kadut and imm showrooms and at an expo fair ... for the dining table its from living instinct, we got the display set as they were then moving out of otani, very good price and solid table

babytan -- Thanks!!

Agree that its not about freebies but what can be absorbed ... in my case, the little lighted alcove with the tang lady statue behind the dining table was done by roy coz he tot it'll look good but he din charge .... also he boxed up an ugly pipe also din charge, coz its like a normal extension of what he planned for kitchen ceiling, then at finish stage, the little things like mounting posters, ornaments etc was all provided no cost by his assistant ... eventually i think he appreciates building a relationship with his clients so mutually cut each other some slack if encounter problems

thanks for the valuable advice, i think hes quite busy, i'm waiting for his updated quotation...

hope its within my budget :D

thanks phantom, finally get to see your pictures ... lovely..

babytan -- Thanks!!

Agree that its not about freebies but what can be absorbed ... in my case, the little lighted alcove with the tang lady statue behind the dining table was done by roy coz he tot it'll look good but he din charge .... also he boxed up an ugly pipe also din charge, coz its like a normal extension of what he planned for kitchen ceiling, then at finish stage, the little things like mounting posters, ornaments etc was all provided no cost by his assistant ... eventually i think he appreciates building a relationship with his clients so mutually cut each other some slack if encounter problems

sama sama lah he planned something like this for me too but still have to see the finished product :notti:

thanks for the valuable advice, i think hes quite busy, i'm waiting for his updated quotation...

hope its within my budget :D

thanks phantom, finally get to see your pictures ... lovely..

hope you get favourable quote from him..can still nego with him wan la :yamseng: