Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
breakster

Bmc's 簡約溫馨工業風 @ Montreal Dale

Hi Breakster,

Your kitchen subway tiles look great! Can I ask if you guys have installed or planning to install those wall mounted dish racks or handle bars on your kitchen subway tiles? I've heard that its rather risky to drill holes through the subway tiles and since its overlaid, it might be not be a good idea to hang heavy items on it. Not sure if you have encountered this before?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Breakster,

Your kitchen subway tiles look great! Can I ask if you guys have installed or planning to install those wall mounted dish racks or handle bars on your kitchen subway tiles? I've heard that its rather risky to drill holes through the subway tiles and since its overlaid, it might be not be a good idea to hang heavy items on it. Not sure if you have encountered this before?

Hi adversant,

The kitchen wall tiles will crack depending on how you drilled it. Takes some slow drilling. The electrician cracked one of the piece when he drilled the metal socket onto it but i just leave it as it was to troublesome to change...i covered the fine cracks with correction fluid. hah. This tile is not the same subway tiles found in Hafary, I think they are not as durable as the real subway tiles.

We did not put the bars for hanging stuff...we wanted to initially but somehow we didnt and i feel its quite ok not to as i just leave the usual pots and pans on the stove and bought those suction hooks from IKEA for some lightweight hanging.

B.