Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
breakster

Bmc's 簡約溫馨工業風 @ Montreal Dale

Cant wait to see how your TW style home will turn out. I am a BIG BIG fan for TW too haha.

How much is your quote with Posh?

Hello xiaohuiis,

I just got the quote from them after three revision, its around 34.5k and it includes electrical works.

First quote was 33k, second around 37k...i am still making changes as the reno progress so whatever i add or minus will go into variation order.

B.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello Renotalkers,

Some updates on the progress and hiccups... :unsure:

1. Skirting

I am not a fan of skirting but have no choice as it is needed to cover the gaps from the tiles to the wall. So when i see this big chunky skirting i immediately alerted my IDs. They came to check and say my wall is uneven but they will try to rectify the problem and then no other skirting material will help in the event that the wall is uneven becos HDB contractor workmanship is so good...

Anyone encounter skirting issues or uneven wall that u see a ledge is build instead of a skirting? What can we do here to make it nice nice slim profile? hahah...i might just hack the skirting and do a feature wall from floor to ceiling on that wall face and claim from HDB. heh.

I came across this post http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/18228-minimalist/?p=372548 about recessed skirting...freaking nice i will say. Can we apply it to our BTO? I will hack all the skirting off.

gallery_58489_285_174989.jpg

2. Aircon

I am not on site when they discuss about how to run the pipes. Working mah...save my annual leave so can go holiday. I learnt something from this...try to be on site la....haha...so to cut the story short. This is the plan we discussed over phone and watsapp...

gallery_58489_285_63726.jpg

the pipes run inside the two rooms...

gallery_58489_285_7594.jpg

spot the mistake? The piping is running too close to the door frame...if you decide to box up the trunking you will cover up top of the door frame and we cant shift the trunking up as a wonderful beam sits right above the trunking...it is UNHACKABLE....also the trunking is running along the wall that could house a full height wardrobe. I do not have any carpentry in br1 and br2 so it is not an issue...but i cannot bear to see my door frame kana covered up when i boxed the trunking.

so mission next day is to tear down all the materials and re-run it outside the rooms along the passageway. More flexible as you can see now it is sitting almost 2 inch above the door frame and Ep can box it up swee swee. Air con supervisor did a good job as i can tell from the picture he sent me...again i was not there....hahah...his name is Ah Di...really friendly and nice chap. So he took two trips to put up and tear down to re run the piping...but he say no need pay for the extra trip...just need to cover him the extra material cost...which is about 80 bucks. Highly recommended. :wub:

med_gallery_58489_285_38818.jpg

gallery_58489_285_27619.jpg

to be continue....

continuing...

3. Fridge + small Kitchen.

Kitchen is small...fridge is big...gross dimension for the fridge is 768w x 799d x 1800h. IDs say put at both walls also ok...so i choose 600 side. If i put at 765 side the main light switch will be covered up by the fridge and the fridge door might hit the wall if you open it too wide.

gallery_58489_285_40153.jpg

So tat night i got a shock when i see the fridge base obstructing my way...and immediately alerted C+E.

gallery_58489_285_266724.jpg

So the next day they came down and we agree on putting the fridge here...service yard area. Yes...the best option...next best option is in the living room right outside the kitchen. :rofl: we planned to have a stand basin at the service yard initially so that wife and me can hand wash and scrub some of our laundry there. plan shelved. I suppose it just a matter of getting use to the layout.

gallery_58489_285_24156.jpg

so there goes my little adventure...hope everything will be smooth from now...esp the skirting. Skirting advice for me anyone??!! hahah

B.

Edited by breakster

+1 vote for the fake wall to cover across.

This enable you to hide cabling and make the wall look straight & even.

(*Juz my 2 cents worth)

Hello everybody,

I've signed up with posh home calvin+ephron (gonna refer them as the C+E tag team).

My reno start date by FSM is march 7 or 8. And after that everything is fast and furious. Ephron was so fast in carrying out reno works, permit...tiles selection, haulage...laying of tiles...overlay of toilets...and you know the best part? I haven't went up to my unit even once since they started work. All we did was communicate thru watsapp and sending reference pics...i trust them so much that i can sit back and relax...

Here's some of the pics ephron took for me...

kitchen wall tiles. Original tiles i choose was 600x300 but after some discussion and a few reference pics...Calvin advise me to use small tiles with black gout lines around 2mm width. According to him these are old hdb tiles nobody wants...guess i can have it for free then...haha

gallery_58489_285_52998.jpg

Living room. off white matte tiles. So to get that little industrial look i guess i need to play with the wall colours. No false ceiling or L-box or cove lights...just the normal pvc tube for lighting points.

gallery_58489_285_15962.jpg

This one should be common toilet if i am not wrong. Waiting for the floor tiles to be up.

gallery_58489_285_16264.jpg

This is how we communicate....keeping my fingers crossed i dun get a shock when i make my first visit to the unit...hahahah

gallery_58489_285_84982.jpg

where did u get the tiles from?

Hi eelnaes,

All tiles from hafary at paya lebar showroom. The kitchen wall tiles came from my ID. Not sure where he got them from.

B.

Edited by breakster

Went to Heritage today and spent around 5k ++.

I will list down some of the big item, price include gst

1x $235 Elkay kitchen sink EC41406

1x $550? Teka Kitchen sink R10 720

2x $150 Grohe basin mixer 32810000 Bauflow

1x $220 Grohe kitchen mixer 31230000 Bauflow

2x $125 Grohe two way tap 20280000

2x $175 Grohe shower mixer 32812000 Bauflow

3x $290 Cresta Icol Fan + Remote

1x $190 Alpha 18 instant heater

1x $420 Alpha 18i instant heater comes with pump and rain shower

2x $320 Baron 8886 toilet bowl

1x $150 Johnson Suisse latina 500 basin

1x $160 Johnson Suisse latina 600 basin

1x $610 Ariston HES 60 F IX hood
1x $610 Teka hood DH2 70
1x $440 Ariston PC640 hob
1 x $440 Teka hob Ex 70
plus other misc stuff like b trap, L pipe, sprayer and valve, towel hanger, basin stopper
Edited by breakster

Went to Heritage today and spent around 5k.

2x $150 Grohe basin mixer 32810000

1x $220 Grohe kitchen mixer 31230000

2x $320 Baron 8886 toilet bowl (KIV)

plus other misc stuff like b trap, L pipe, sprayer and valve, towel hanger, basin stopper

Heard from friend that the pricing there is quite good. :good:

These are before or after GST ?

Went to Heritage today and spent around 5k.

2x $150 Grohe basin mixer 32810000

1x $220 Grohe kitchen mixer 31230000

2x $320 Baron 8886 toilet bowl (KIV)

• Like 1

@Songz yes i will agree some items are relatively cheap...i am lazy to compare anymore so just buy all at one place.

@alfredt Items are after GST. The fan definitely you gotta get from them...outside are going at $320 each.

Good day everybody,

Finally free to upload some pics...carpentry...still need to some/a lot adjustments....i am a very detailed person so one small misalignment can cause a major brain malfunction to me so there's a bit of delay....featured wall done to get rid of the stupid skirting. Kitchen carpentry still ok but not really happy with the standard drawer slides...feels flimsy...might change to soft close. Got myself a full leather 3 seater for 3k from picketandrail kuka collection as they have a 36% sale yest. Purchased some industrial lightings from 2by2's Fiona for dinning and passageway, she's resourceful and have lots of ideas if you like industrial vintage stuff. I also bot lights from Etsy for kitchen, service yard, foyer and toilets. Storage bed, dinning table and chairs from hommage. Will upload the pics soon.

Things to note: Install the air con last...get the id to box up the trunking if you are planning to. And then paint the house at least a first coat. Then do the carpentry and then install the aircon! Once you do carpentry and the aircon is near to it, there won't be enough space for the carpenters to apply silicon directly. Also, the aircon units does not sit nicely and close to the wall (depending on the guy installing i guess)...there will be a gap...and thru the gap you will see the original white color base. So if you planned to color your wall there is no way to reach inside without taking the unit down. And you can't take it down all the way as the pipes are already connected. So one person will have to hold the unit mid air, another one will have to with tiny hands paint the inside.

:)

gallery_58489_285_74325.jpg

gallery_58489_285_205749.jpg

gallery_58489_285_58817.jpg

gallery_58489_285_81682.jpg

Edited by breakster

Actually I noticed that a lot of people uses white internal PVC for their carpentry... I am still trying to convince myself that this is ok as my contractor quoted an exorbitant amt to include coloured PVC in the cabinet interiors. Quite anal abt the white as this gets yellowish in the long run.. What is your take?

Good day everybody,

Finally free to upload some pics...carpentry...still need to some/a lot adjustments....i am a very detailed person so one small misalignment can cause a major brain malfunction to me so there's a bit of delay....featured wall done to get rid of the stupid skirting. Kitchen carpentry still ok but not really happy with the standard drawer slides...feels flimsy...might change to soft close. Got myself a full leather 3 seater for 3k from picketandrail kuka collection as they have a 36% sale yest. Purchased some industrial lightings from 2by2's Fiona for dinning and passageway, she's resourceful and have lots of ideas if you like industrial vintage stuff. I also bot lights from Etsy for kitchen, service yard, foyer and toilets. Storage bed, dinning table and chairs from hommage. Will upload the pics soon.

Things to note: Install the air con last...get the id to box up the trunking if you are planning to. And then paint the house at least a first coat. Then do the carpentry and then install the aircon! Once you do carpentry and the aircon is near to it, there won't be enough space for the carpenters to apply silicon directly. Also, the aircon units does not sit nicely and close to the wall (depending on the guy installing i guess)...there will be a gap...and thru the gap you will see the original white color base. So if you planned to colored your wall there is no way to reach inside without taking the aircon unit down. And you can't take it down all the way as the pipes are already connected. So one person will have to hold the until mid air and one will have to with tiny hands paint the inside.

:)

gallery_58489_285_74325.jpg

gallery_58489_285_205749.jpg

gallery_58489_285_58817.jpg

gallery_58489_285_81682.jpg

Hello bianzi,

I used grey for all the internal pvc since all my laminate is light in color and they have limited selections. My ID charged $30 psf. And its quite significant if you are doing a lot of carpentry. Yes it will get mouldy and patchy if you have standard white as my current place is using white. You will get used to white after using for a while but i just want to try something different after so many years of seeing inner white.

B.