Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
white_affair

Haunted Experiences At Home

that time SPI did make a big hooha out of it

then HDB actually sent their engineer down to explain that as there are pipes and metal rods running between our ceiling and upstairs floor

the material actually does contract and expand due to the temperature

so sometimes at night when it cools down, the marble-dropping sound is actually from the metal contracting :bangwall::dribble:

same things as hearing our wardrobe and doors making slight creaking sound

that's the sound of the wood contracting

it happens all of the time but we only hear at night coz it's real quiet :sport-smiley-018:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Kekekeke.... since the chinese 7th month has over.... I will start my encounters happened in my current hse.

1. When I was still schooling, I was alone at hm..... nth beta to do in the day time after school (at the time I'm at morning session). I was laying on my sofa to "pluck" my eyebrows...... My back was facing all the godness.... and half way "plucking" my eyebrows (because starting trimming the strain hairs quite painful. Normal reaction, I closed my eyes to reduce the pain), I saw a black figure (can sense it was a lady) standing at my back (seeing it with the mirror). I stunned and tell myself my eyes playing trick on me........ so i bring the mirror down for a few seconds....... Then I raised my mirror to look at my back again.... ALAMAK!!!!! is not my eyes playing tricks on me.... "She" still standing there. So I slowly sit up..... fetch my keys and purse.... n walk out to the viod deck...... n waited for half an hour when my dad came back from work.

2. Few months ago, I was taking a nap in the afternoon...... Not sure when I'm too stress from work or really press down by the "good friend". My mind alrdy wake up...... my eyes are half open......... but my body can't move......... i tried beri hard to turn my body but i can't.... So I learned from my sister.... do kicking method can "release". No matter, how i kick how i force myself, I still feel the pressure on me..... Arrhhhharrrrr!:rolleyes:!! So I scolded @#%???:)!%$$ from cantonese to chinese to hokkien to english........... I can hear mubbling from my mouth when saying @#%??......... in the end i told myself "siao liao, this time really can nt sae any language ( I can't speak malay or tamil)..... but I remember a malay greeting when they hv reach hm (cuz my neighbour is a malay family)... although i can pronouce it probably.... after saying that......... yes............ my body feel "release" again then I quick jump out from my bed n went to kitchen to drink some warm water...

3. one nite, i went to bed quite early..... I didn't close my bedroom door, so when i turn to face the door..... I saw a black figure (lady) walked out from my sister's room (3 times......). This could be a dream loh...

4. few years ago (quite close to 1.), my sister at home alone and she encounter a young boy running towards her n vanished.....

We can sae we are used to it.......... but we are still frighten by them.... but can really sae they are the good ones....

So far so good they nv harm my family and me......

This thread is 'interesting' and scary at the same time!

I had one experience of 'something' pressing on me when I was in pri 1. Felt like, I knew I was already awake, but somehow I cannot move at all! Dunno why I never panic or anything; later everything ok liao.....many years later my sister said something about 'spirits' sitting on you. It was then I realized and remembered the incident...

But just a few years ago (in another resale flat), I felt 'something' on me. But this time different; it's like I wanted to sleep, but simply cannot. Next day I realized it is actually something I ate (can't remember whether it is medicine or tea/coffee) that kept me awake.

I guessed there are reasons why some of us see 'things'; most important of all is to live life and 'do good'. Also, as a Christian, I always say the one prayer whenever I am 'afraid'.

Eeeek! I wonder should I not return to my house if I know there is an unknown occupant around. I have encountered a lot of these, was told by a sifu that it was because of my date of birth (or is it timing? can't remember). Here are few of my encounters.

1st story: Before I was married, I always like to chat with my auntie who comes to stay over at my parents' place once in a year. One night, she told me she had once heard those things talking and not one but many which is like a market. Out of curiousity I asked her how did she know it isn't human but those things? How did they sound like? Before she could answer me, a man whispered near my ear "like this". Gosh! I burst into tears...... I thought we have a god statue at home (kai guang before) and from young I was told with the god at home I'm safe.

2nd story: One early in the morning at about 5.30am, I was pressed by "it". I can sense that I'm going to die if I still can't breathe for at least once, hence I struggled hard to move cos from my one and only past experience, thing will be ok if I can move. I succeeded and turned to another direction, but just when I closed my eyes, it pressed on my again. It repeated 5 times until I decided to sit up for awhile as I thought my body will be ok after this big movement. About one minute later, I laid down and closed my eyes....... again it attacked me for the 6th time! :P I decided not going back to my sleep cos "it" didn't want to leave me alone.

3rd story: I heard about Taiwan Grand Hyatt hotel's story but mine isn't in that expensive hotel, it's a cheaper hotel which is very popular among S'pore tourists. My friend went to sleep after taking her shower and was already in her dreamland when I finished my shower at about 3am. I browsed through the newspaper she bought and suddenly I heard an auntie calling out "char siew bao, char siew bao" in mandarin. I thought how come it was already end of the night and this auntie just started selling her buns? Next morning after hearing what I told her, my friend wanted to try their local bun, so we asked the hotel receptionist, where exactly can we find hawker (illegal type) selling buns near the hotel at night time? He told us none even if it's earlier. I asked "so even 3am also impossible?", he looked at me as if I'm an idiot, "the street is already so quiet at that hour, who will be selling food at this time?"

Eeeek! I wonder should I not return to my house if I know there is an unknown occupant around. I have encountered a lot of these, was told by a sifu that it was because of my date of birth (or is it timing? can't remember). Here are few of my encounters.

your element is yin water

I thought we have a god statue at home (kai guang before) and from young I was told with the god at home I'm safe.

if that god statue is not of the buddha school(guan yin, shakyamunni...etc), then it wasnt being kai guang properly. Buddha dont kill ghosts, there will still be ghost around but they wont harm you.

I've a few experiences throughout my life. The most common is the oppression, where I'm sleeping, then suddenly awaken and realise I cannot move. For quite a while, I decided to believe in the scientific reasoning that cause this common phenomenon. Then one day, I changed my mind and start to believe I'm being disturbed by spirits.

After being constantly disturbed, as often as everyday, one day, after shaking off the oppression as usual, I happened to look up and noticed the air above me was swirling. Subsequently, I noticed whenever I'm being attacked, I'll look up and observe the swirling movement of the white mist, sometimes black. I'll command the thing to go away and not disturb me! There was once I noticed and suspect there're actually more than one spirits based on my observation of the swirling movements. I told my mum about it, and she somehow sensed there were 6 in total. :P Not sure about that figure, but I've been battling these entities for a long time. I stay way from horror movies now or anything that can act as a channel for these things to disturb me.

Once after being attacked, I awaken, then bf happened to be awake beside me, I quickly told him it's here! i ask him to look up and see if he can see the white swirling mist, he said he cannot! I dunno is it because he dare not really look! Normally, I wait till it dissipates completely because I'm rest assured enough to continue sleeping. Or it'll come back and attack again!

Now, the frequency of these attacks have lessen alot. Probably because I'm more aware of how to tackle these things after experiencing these for years! At one state, the oppresions happened so frequently and the hold was so strong that there was a pressure in my right ear. once, when under the oppression, I said to myself, well it's only my right ear, my left is safe! Then immediately, I felt a pressure in my left ear too! :dancingqueen: They can read my thoughts.

think one is the most susceptible when he/she is sleeping in a position facing up, hands by the side and feet together

find that quite a few friends, myself included, all kenna when in that position

maybe you want to try sleep on your side to further reduce such incidents :dancingqueen:

Just on Tuesday night, I experienced something strange. I was watching my downloaded programme on my computer, the computer volume was up, then suddenly, I heard my dog's cough. I also heard some other movement and sounds, quite noisy. All these just beside my ear! I was very startled as I was alone in the room and my heart was beating fast. My dog passed away in March this year. I thought maybe he came to say hi to me. I lowered the volume, and there was silence. I listened for while for anything, nothing. Then I upped the volume again. Then again, I heard my dog's cough and other noises. I lowered the volume and talked a while to him, actually I can't see anything. I cannot find any words to say except I miss you, take care of yourself, we'll meet again. I know he knows how I've been feeling all these while after he's gone. So there's nothing much to say. I'm glad he visited me.

You can say it's all my imagination. Then again, why would I be watching my favourite cooking programme on computer, and having my dinner, and suddenly "imagine" I heard his cough? Sometimes I want to be logical, but really, I think no point trying to find "logical" explanations and just believe what I think it is.

Also, 24 hours after his passing, I received his call. Don't ask me how a dog can call his owner! My only logical explanation for that call is that it's paranormal. Why?

1) Because my handphone number is new, not many people know my number.

2) It's not a prank call nor a wrong number call as most prank callers will only wan to do deep breathing or not speak up at all or say some stupid things. And who is so free to make prank alls to me at that ungodly hour in the morning! Most wrong number callers after realising it's a wrong number will hang up. But the caller was talking normally and when I ask him to repeat, he repeated what he said. The whole call was wierd because the caller sounds like he was speaking English yet I couldn't understand a word that was said. Up till now I try to recall but cannot even understand a thing except that I think he was trying to tell me something or explain something. Just that I dunno what! Is it to explain his sudden departure because I didn't know he was leaving, I still thought he could be healed!

3) The call was at 5.50am, exactly 24 hours after his passing. 24 hours is a significant timing for the dead to contact their love ones. I did some resarch on the internet on phonecalls from the dead and found that out. I didn't imagine the call as my husband was sleeping beside me and he heard me talking on the phone at that unearthly hour. The number was reflected in my phone for me to verify that the call really happened!

4) It was an unknown call, untracable. Like most calls from the dead.

5) I was pretty spooked out by the call, I couldn't bear to hang on to the phone any longer, I hung up! I wish I didn't now and waited for the caller to hang up. But I didn't know what to think at that time. I was half thinking it's HIM, but I thought that's impossible and illogical! I also thought it's a prank caller, so in the end I hung up first as I was too spooked! I'm sorry I did, I actually tried to ask him to call me again, but no more such calls..

Sorry for all the ramblings. I'm pretty bored AKA too free in the office for days already. Need an outlet to ramble off...

so touched that your dog tried to call you

wish my cat would do the same

so that i can apologise to him :P:(

there are simply too many things that science cannot explain

but scientist rather believe that it doesn't exist, instead of admitting that they don't know :dancingqueen:

think one is the most susceptible when he/she is sleeping in a position facing up, hands by the side and feet together

find that quite a few friends, myself included, all kenna when in that position

maybe you want to try sleep on your side to further reduce such incidents :dancingqueen:

Hi applefreak, actually I'm more of a side sleeper! But anyway will try to notice which position I'm in the next time it happens. Maybe you're right as I think most of the time, I'm sleeping facing up when it happens. So what do you think it is, some spirits or do you accept the scientific explanation for such occurances?

Many years ago when I was still a kid, my blanklet was covering my nose when it happened. I was struggling so hard and couldn't breathe well since the blanklet was over my nose! After that incident, I made sure when I sleep the covers are well below my nose level.

so touched that your dog tried to call you

wish my cat would do the same

so that i can apologise to him :P:(

there are simply too many things that science cannot explain

but scientist rather believe that it doesn't exist, instead of admitting that they don't know :dancingqueen:

My dog and I were so close! I can remember the last year of his life, few months before his passing, he still looked so well. He was smiling at me and looking so lovingly at me, and couldn't take his eyes off me! We were in my room. I walked left, he turn his head left to look at me, all the time with that loving smiling expression, I walked right, he turned right. I'll always cherish that memory!

Most of the time, he just bochap me, and just sleep. Hee! So that memory is so precious! In his last days, he leaned heavily on me. In those early years, he wouldn't ever do that! I draw him close, he'll pull away! I'll cherish all those memories forever...

Not forgetting to mention, my dad was the other person that was very close to him, every morning without fail, my dad will walk him. After his passing, I passed a photo of my dog and dad together taken on my dog's 7th birthday. They looked so good together! I told my dad to use that as his computer's wallpaper. He did that. Then 4 months after my dog's passing, my dad got tired of looking at the same photo everyday and decided to change it to a scenery one. That evening, when my dad shut down the computer, I think this was what happend: Normally all the icons will disappear leaving the wallpaper behind only. Then it'll shut off. But what happened was before the computer shut off, suddenly, the picture of my dad and my dog flashed across the screen for a few seconds before the screen shut off completely. Immediately my dad knew something was not right. He immediately on the computer again, all was normal. The wallpaper was the scenery one which he changed to. He quickly changed it back to the photograph of him and my dog again. After that, the computer shut down normally again. My dad felt that my dog doesn't want him to change the photo of them together to another wallpaper. Up to today, he still has that same computer wallpaper of himself and my dog together as a reminder of those days we had with him!

My dad's experience with our dog makes me all the more convinced that my own experiences with my dog is real. Like I've read somewhere, if you're close to your deceased loved one, somehow there'll be at least ONE time the deceased will find a way to make some contact.

Edited by JS21

Hi applefreak, actually I'm more of a side sleeper! But anyway will try to notice which position I'm in the next time it happens. Maybe you're right as I think most of the time, I'm sleeping facing up when it happens. So what do you think it is, some spirits or do you accept the scientific explanation for such occurances?

Many years ago when I was still a kid, my blanklet was covering my nose when it happened. I was struggling so hard and couldn't breathe well since the blanklet was over my nose! After that incident, I made sure when I sleep the covers are well below my nose level.

me also more of side sleeper

but i realised when i kenna, it's always facing upwards

put it bluntly, it's in the position when a person lie in the coffin :dancingqueen:

I told my dad to use that as his computer's wallpaper. He did that. Then 4 months after my dog's passing, my dad got tired of looking at the same photo everyday and decided to change it to a scenery one. That evening, when my dad shut down the computer, I think this was what happend: Normally all the icons will disappear leaving the wallpaper behind only. Then it'll shut off. But what happened was before the computer shut off, suddenly, the picture of my dad and my dog flashed across the screen for a few seconds before the screen shut off completely.

sorry to break your heart - the wallpaper thing is a symtom that happens to all microsoft computers.

sorry to break your heart - the wallpaper thing is a symtom that happens to all microsoft computers.

Ya I also hv this problem with my computer. When it is shutting down, the last few seconds the previous wallpaper will pop out...:dunno:

me also more of side sleeper

but i realised when i kenna, it's always facing upwards

put it bluntly, it's in the position when a person lie in the coffin :help:

I also experienced this a few times. Once in my parents' home, once in my new home. My new home one really spooked me out. I was napping in the afternoon alone at home, then i remembered as i was trying to wake up, i couldn't move. I also can't breathe...it was almost like i'm dying. I remembered chanting prayers but that didn't help either. I also remembered opening my eyes for a few seconds to look at my clock, it was 3.30pm. I wanted very much to wake up, I tried to turn my body but it just wouldn't move. I remembered I was so desperate in trying to wake up that I felt so exhausted when I finally did. I don't know if i was dreaming but it seemed so real. I can still recall so vividly in my mind. After that, I don't dare to nap alone in the house anymore. I told my hubby but he told me the scientific explanation, I chose to believe that cos I didn't want to freak out in my new home, not especially since we've only moved in for a week! He told me that I must be stronger than "those things" cos they are more afraid of us than we are of them.