Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Yolo

Industrial Is On The Rage!

The fire alarm bell can be made less loud as long as you have the patience to stick layers & layers & layers of masking tape underneath the metal bell cover (ask the vendor to teach you how).

May I know what model that relite fan is, & how much did it cost you? How's the wind power?

Yup, fiona suggested pasting 14 layers of masking tape beneath to lower the sound.

The fan, Bought it from phylux for $399. (Promo price, not sure what's the price now) model is helix 52". I didn't know the brand till they delivered it. If u go relite singapore website, they are selling it for $699.

Wind power not so strong when i tried it at phylux showroom but i tried the amasco triniti 56" as well and the wind power is similar. So i took this instead.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

May I know how much did you pay for the (studio) lamp on the right? & do you have a close-up shot of it? Bulb included for the price?

Bought from aliexpress for $119. They gave a free complimentary ST64 edison bulb i think but i used a philips cool daylight instead cos brighter to light up the wardrobe area.

Few days ago saw a carousell seller bringing in this light at $115. This is the close up photo.

Screenshot_2015-03-23-09-36-30.png

Screenshot_2015-03-23-09-36-22.png

Screenshot_2015-03-23-09-36-34.png

Hi! So exciting to see your house progress. Do you mind sharing with me your contractor pls! Thank you!!

Hi, its done by H2O interior renovation. U can find his past works and contact on facebook.

Went down today and saw the toilet doors is up..

20150326_155519.jpg

When discussing with Mr k regarding the common toilet shower screen, apart from using sliding door,we thought of using a glass swing door. But its not feasible as space is limited and it might hit the toilet bowl or the vanity cabinet. So Mr K suggested a fixed panel on 1 side and a full bi-fold door opening on the other.

20150326_155331.jpg

20150326_155338.jpg

20150326_155359.jpg

MBR toilet

The aluminium frame is installed, waiting for the glass swing door and powedercoated handle.

20150326_160520.jpg

20150326_160437.jpg

Hi! I'm also getting my house done by mr k...!

Did u specify the designs for the shower screen or is this the default by mr k? Is the aluminium framed shower screen more exp than normal tempered glass shower screen w/o frame?

Edited by cuppers

Hi! I'm also getting my house done by mr k...!

Did u specify the designs for the shower screen or is this the default by mr k? Is the aluminium framed shower screen more exp than normal tempered glass shower screen w/o frame?

Hi there, good to know.. how's the progress of your house?

For the MBR showerscreen, i showed Mr K this photo, so we replicate this design..

061bb9ea01c1109ce14d6041405f0e44.jpg

For the common toilet, i think the default is the common L-shape with 2 small sliding door. So i asked if one side can be fixed panel while the swing door on the other. But will hit the vanity cabinet. So he suggested using bifold door. Bigger entrance, so bigger people no problem in entering.

Price wise,aluminium frame definitely more exp since you're paying for the material..

Edited by Yolo

Hi there, good to know.. how's the progress of your house?

For the MBR showerscreen, i showed Mr K this photo, so we replicate this design..

061bb9ea01c1109ce14d6041405f0e44.jpg

For the common toilet, i think the default is the common L-shape with 2 small sliding door. So i asked if one side can be fixed panel while the swing door on the other. But will hit the vanity cabinet. So he suggested using bifold door. Bigger entrance, so bigger people no problem in entering.

Price wise,aluminium frame definitely more exp since you're paying for the material..

The frame looks super classy!

May I know why only the handle needs to be powder-coated? What material is the handle made of?

How narrow is the aluminium frame?

They installed the glass swing door today.

The handle and hinges were powder coated in black because original colour is probably stainless steel/chrome.

Painting won't last as the paint might drop in long run so requested it to be powder-coated black to match the black aluminium frame.

FB_IMG_1427470359663.jpg

After the 2 plumber left, my bedroom door was delivered. He took around 2 hours to fix them. I watched him work, he looked pretty skill and fast. I think he's from china but his english is quite fluent. He said that the hdb bedroom frame is not align, he has to trim alot and adjust the hinges to make it fit perfectly. Bedroom 2 and 3 managed to close perfectly but for MBR, there is still a little gap when door is close.

After the door was fixed, he began drilling holes for the lock and magnetic door stopper. Lastly he swept up all the wood debris. Now waiting for the door to be painted.

20150322_153736.jpg

20150322_153753.jpg

Actually hor, the door looks great just like that...! :) IMHO la.

And congrats on the awesome powder coated frame... looks very nice! I was thinking of doing it for my bathroom as well, but then i decided not to because too many black contrasts already.

Edited by X6GT

May I know where did you get the fire alarm doorbell and how much was it? Is it able to connect to the original hdb doorbell switch? Thanks!! Looks so interesting ;)

May I know where did you get the fire alarm doorbell and how much was it? Is it able to connect to the original hdb doorbell switch? Thanks!! Looks so interesting ;)

Its from 2by2 store, find them on FB, they sell industrial lightings. Bought it at $65.

The fire alarm bell is 220v, so your electrician must find a power source for this and link it to the doorbell switch outside.