Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Yolo

Industrial Is On The Rage!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Blinds or curtains..

Curtains are easier to maintain, can be wash and simply hang it back up. Plenty of different fabric or colours to choose from but somehow we feel it doesn't goes well with out theme. So we decided to do blinds for the whole house.

For living room, we decided to go with the popular white PVC with black tape.

FB_IMG_1428232419486.jpg

Bedrooms will be in normal roller blinds.

FB_IMG_1428232430444.jpg

After measuring our windows, we sms 6 different curtain/blind companies for quotation. 2 were found from carousell, 2 was from Facebook, another one is a JB shop (a friend did their curtain with this shop, paid in RM) and the last was a contact from our neighbour.

Carousell 1 - $1575

Carousell 2 - $1700

Shop 1- $1330

Shop 2- $1814

JB shop - $1600

Neighbour's recommend - $1190

Thought the jb quote will be cheap, but turns out their price is almost like sg price. So we went ahead with the cheapest quote.

This guy came down with a bag full of samples. Different colour choices and different sizes for the PVC blind.

Better material for roller blind (anti-bacterial, coating, etc) requires to top up so we just choose the basic ones.

Installation once carpentry is done.

ya, initially my contractor said chemical wash after carpentry done. No need pay more. U can try ask your id if u want do now..

@Yolo:

did your contractor mention any concerns with regards to chemical(acid) washing, e.g. staining/bleaching of grout (assuming usage of special grout colours), etc?

hmm.. i'm doing the whole balcony frame.. and i think that would involve the dismantling of frame? that may be added cost.

thanks anyway for the reply!

If I'm not, powder-coating involves putting paint powder on the metal surface & baking the whole item in an "oven"/furnace...so probably the contractors can't powder-coat your balcony frame while it is still 1 big-piece installed in your house. Are you sure your balcony frame isn't already powder-coated?

After measuring our windows, we sms 6 different curtain/blind companies for quotation. 2 were found from carousell, 2 was from Facebook, another one is a JB shop (a friend did their curtain with this shop, paid in RM) and the last was a contact from our neighbour.

Carousell 1 - $1575

Carousell 2 - $1700

Shop 1- $1330

Shop 2- $1814

JB shop - $1600

Neighbour's recommend - $1190

Thought the jb quote will be cheap, but turns out their price is almost like sg price. So we went ahead with the cheapest quote.

This guy came down with a bag full of samples. Different colour choices and different sizes for the PVC blind.

Better material for roller blind (anti-bacterial, coating, etc) requires to top up so we just choose the basic ones.

Installation once carpentry is done.

@Yolo:

if you mind not, may I have your contact for the cheapest (blinds) quotation? I'm also looking for blinds for my place & my current quotations are unbearably expensive.

Was looking around for racks for our bomb shelter. Saw many ads pasted in our bto lift. Prices are competitive. Thought of doing with yee sin (recommended by many in this forum) after our reno complete but chance upon this boltless rack promo on my Facebook feed. $180 for first set and $50 for the 2nd set. (total $230 for 2 racks)

Includes delivery and installation.

Size: 1200mm×450mm×1800mm

4 tier

400kg UDL per tier

Full metal shelving

white epoxy powder coated

FB_IMG_1428234855752.jpg

Yesterday 2 guys came over and assembled outside our home. Took about 30-45mins. Found out the length is too long for us to do an L-shape, so guess we have to place it side by side.

@Yolo:

did your contractor mention any concerns with regards to chemical(acid) washing, e.g. staining/bleaching of grout (assuming usage of special grout colours), etc?

@Yolo:

if you mind not, may I have your contact for the cheapest (blinds) quotation? I'm also looking for blinds for my place & my current quotations are unbearably expensive.

My contractor didn't mention anything or raise any concern but I have read before in other people's t-blog that after chemical washing, light rust will appear on metal items in your toilet or kitchen (eg. Toilet roll holder or oven).

For the grouting, it will drop and contractor need to touch up?

Anyway for mine, the chemical wash is done. The brown colour grout in my bedrooms seems fine. Black grout in other places like kitchen and toilet is holding on well.

Pm sent for the blinds contact.

Edited by Yolo

@tarzanboy PM sent

@elephantandpiggie from picket & rail, they have various outlet in singapore. Bought mine from city square mall.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply! How much does it cost? Do you know if it comes with the chairs as well? : ) love ya dining table! My house is being done by Mr K now too : )

Can't remember the actual price,but i bought it for $1399(promo price). No chairs, i bought my own chair and bench elsewhere.

20150402_120802.jpg

Great,another mr k client..

so how's the progress of your reno?

Hi Yolo, you repainted the table? It looks different in this picture. The first picture is white and wood? : ) My reno is one step behind yours so its exciting to read your T blog! Going to finish tiling soon! Your place looks awesome!

Hi Yolo, you repainted the table? It looks different in this picture. The first picture is white and wood? : ) My reno is one step behind yours so its exciting to read your T blog! Going to finish tiling soon! Your place looks awesome!

Nope, didn't repaint.. maybe cos poor lighting. This might be better picture.

Screenshot_2015-04-05-22-53-02_edit_1428

Thanks.. do start a t-blog too

20150322_153823.jpg

Hi may I know where you got this shower head from ?

Does it come in black originally and is it glossy or matte finish ?

TIA !

Edited by konehead83