Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Yolo

Industrial Is On The Rage!

Day 20

Went over earlier to deliver some lighting.. excited to see the living room cement tiles done up with skirting.

Now they are starting with the bedroom wood tiles..

Shower kerb in toilet is also done.. getting ready for the aluminium frame shower screen..

20150207_161059.jpg

20150207_160955.jpg

20150207_161011.jpg

20150207_160923.jpg

Hello AB neighbour!! I'm also from AB! Wow. your tiles are soooo NICE!!!! Your bedroom and bathroom so stylo!.

Which block are you from? I'm from 505B.

Hey can i check with you on the distance of the common bathroom's shower kerb? How much distance do you left with at the W.C side. From the wall to the shower kerb. What is the distance?

And your subway wall tiles, are they with black gout?

Will be dropping by your T-Blog often! Keep updating ya!

Edited by HansamuQ

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Day 12: Toilet and kitchen tiles in progress..

20150130_160747.jpg

20150130_160835.jpg

20150130_160823.jpg

Electrical wiring is done, didnt add much lighting point, mostly using the original points. only relocated a few points and switches. Damage is $1500..

i always wonder how would cleaning of these tiles be like. especially when its in kitchen and toilet. water dirt oil stains....

Hello AB neighbour!! I'm also from AB! Wow. your tiles are soooo NICE!!!! Your bedroom and bathroom so stylo!.

Hey can i check with you on the distance of the common bathroom's shower kerb? How much distance do you left with at the W.C side. From the wall to the shower kerb. What is the distance?

Hi neighbour, im from 505D. I was there today, but didn't see this post, will measure the distance when i drop by on Thursday.. but i think it will be a very tight space.. cos we were thinking of doing swing door for the showerscreen, either way will hit the toilet bowl or vanity cabinet..

The toilet is cramp.. haha

Yes, i choose all grout to be black, so got contrast against the white subway tiles.. i have seen pictures of white subway tile + white grout, it doesn't appeal to me.

Anyway,i think black grout is easier to maintain too, white grouting will turn dirty in long run?

Yolo, i saw your colour selection, can share with me the process? is it 3 sides 1 colour and another 1 side a different shade?

We didn't really like the Tv console from commune, so we are still searching for the right one. We are only left with tv console, the rest of the furnitures are settled.

Today,we went to tan boon liat building.

Journey east has one that caught my eye but price is abit on the high side,it cost the same to custom made one at second charm.

Mountain teak is in the same building as journey east, so we swing by to take a look. This piece here(in black color) caught our attention. Price is also reasonable.

Screenshot_2015-03-09-19-47-12-1.png

Sadly, the last piece is sold and next shipment is in around June. We couldn't wait that long so the search continues..

Luckily they do have another design without drawers. Price is even cheaper, so we bought this in black painted iron.

Screenshot_2015-03-09-19-47-01-1.png

They do have alot of other nice furniture collection.. if only we haven't bought the dining bench or kitchen rack, we would definitely buy it here..

Yolo, i saw your colour selection, can share with me the process? is it 3 sides 1 colour and another 1 side a different shade?

Hi benetay, there is no process. I just paint 3 walls lighter shade and the bed wall in darker shade to create contrast. Looks like feature wall.

In my 1st bedroom i paint the whole 4 wall in 1 colour.

U are free to choose which colour u want for your wall, just inform your id/contractor.

For mine, i mark it in the floorplan and indicate the color code.

Heater heater heater.

Another important appliance like the aircon. For this case we have this 4 different options:

1)Instant heater

2)City gas heater (macro/rinnai/feroli)

3)storage heater (ariston/joven/champs/etc)

4)multi point heater (bennington c600)

1) Both of us didn't like this option from the start. It somehow will spoil the design of the toilet, we want something that is hidden/conceal.

2) we always thought this was the best option. The heater will be hidden in the service yard.

But after reading this forum, found alot of mixed review, reading feedbacks, does it work with rain shower, water pressure, take long time to heat up(waste alot water) etc..

Price wise its $300-$380(depending which brand u take) + must install piping by citygas and connect water piping (by plumber)

We must also add another electric point in the service yard for the heater.

All this made us rethink our options.

3) In our current house, we are using ariston storage heater 30L, its around 5 years old and still running well, slight leakage but didnt need any repair.

storage heater is highly recommended to use along with a rain shower.

Only con is to on switch 15-30mins before bathing. We are ok with this, just that the big barrel in the bathroom is abit unsightly..

Price $250 for a 35L model, installation is another $100

4) Bennington c600 multi point heater

Saw this phamplet in my BTO lift. $399 with installation. Seems like the best of both world. Instant heater meets storage heater. Almost purchase this but didn't pull the trigger after reading a t-blog, the owner regretted buying this and will change to storage tank due to inconsistent hot water.

Verdict: As Newer BTO already has the concealed piping ready, i think better dun waste and utilise it. Hehe. We head down to royal franco today, to our horror uncle said, joven out of stock, agent also out of stock.. but we went next door to poh seng, luckyily they still have it..

We bought the Joven 35L stainless steel tank horizontal mount.

20150102_104617.jpg

20150309_141924.jpg

Heater heater heater.

Another important appliance like the aircon. For this case we have this 4 different options:

1)Instant heater

2)City gas heater (macro/rinnai/feroli)

3)storage heater (ariston/joven/champs/etc)

4)multi point heater (bennington c600)

1) Both of us didn't like this option from the start. It somehow will spoil the design of the toilet, we want something that is hidden/conceal.

2) we always thought this was the best option. The heater will be hidden in the service yard.

But after reading this forum, found alot of mixed review, reading feedbacks, does it work with rain shower, water pressure, take long time to heat up(waste alot water) etc..

Price wise its $300-$380(depending which brand u take) + must install piping by citygas and connect water piping (by plumber)

We must also add another electric point in the service yard for the heater.

All this made us rethink our options.

3) In our current house, we are using ariston storage heater 30L, its around 5 years old and still running well, slight leakage but didnt need any repair.

storage heater is highly recommended to use along with a rain shower.

Only con is to on switch 15-30mins before bathing. We are ok with this, just that the big barrel in the bathroom is abit unsightly..

Price $250 for a 35L model, installation is another $100

4) Bennington c600 multi point heater

Saw this phamplet in my BTO lift. $399 with installation. Seems like the best of both world. Instant heater meets storage heater. Almost purchase this but didn't pull the trigger after reading a t-blog, the owner regretted buying this and will change to storage tank due to inconsistent hot water.

Verdict: As Newer BTO already has the concealed piping ready, i think better dun waste and utilise it. Hehe. We head down to royal franco today, to our horror uncle said, joven out of stock, agent also out of stock.. but we went next door to poh seng, luckyily they still have it..

We bought the Joven 35L stainless steel tank horizontal mount.

20150102_104617.jpg

20150309_141924.jpg

Nice, im also looking at getting Storage heater, do share the pic after your install ya!

Edited by HansamuQ

Yesterday, citygas piping was up. The uncle came at 230pm and completed in 30mins. Very fast and neat job. Turbo also delivered my hood and hob.

20150309_145805.jpg

IMG-20150309-WA0003.jpeg

Smeg fridge from unilite at jalan kayu. Price kept going up for this brand, saw it last time for $1600.. but now is nearly 2k..

Wanted to get the red color at first but we were mesmerized by the yellow..

Tinge_product_fab28_smeg_yellow.jpg

May I know how's the selection available at Jalan Kayu Unilite? I don't expect them to have a lot of colours/patterns right in the store, but are they open to orders from a catalogue? What about the competitiveness of their prices? Delivery charges?
How many "ticks" do the SMEG get with regards to energy-saving?

Almost went to JB tampoi to get the trinity for 1180Rm but chanced upon phylux sale for the DC motor fan. Designed like the spin fan but cheaper. Blade is 52inch.. for $399, it was a happy purchase..

IMG_5823044291986.jpeg

May I know the advantages of DC motor-fans?

@shibumi

Their selection not bad,better than courts. I think they have all model on display, the single door (different size) and double door. Color wise, im sure they can order for you.

For the model i bought, tangs/courts selling $2780, they are selling $1980. So the savings is quite alot. Delivery is free cos i purchased from lazada.com

I think the rating is 2 ticks (fair). But if energy saving plus practicality is your concern then i think u should skip this as storage is small, freezer space is small and energy consumption is high.. but we still buy it as its smeg.. more for the look.

For the DC fan, maybe u can google more to find out in greater details but from what i understand it uses lesser energy (thus saving bills) and almost silent compared to ac motor..

But all that aside, i bought the fan not because its DC motor. Just because its black and the design is decent enough. If i have a bigger budget, i will definitely purchased haiku or amasco triniti.

@shibumi

Their selection not bad,better than courts. I think they have all model on display, the single door (different size) and double door. Color wise, im sure they can order for you.

For the model i bought, tangs/courts selling $2780, they are selling $1980. So the savings is quite alot. Delivery is free cos i purchased from lazada.com

I think the rating is 2 ticks (fair). But if energy saving plus practicality is your concern then i think u should skip this as storage is small, freezer space is small and energy consumption is high.. but we still buy it as its smeg.. more for the look.

For the DC fan, maybe u can google more to find out in greater details but from what i understand it uses lesser energy (thus saving bills) and almost silent compared to ac motor..

But all that aside, i bought the fan not because its DC motor. Just because its black and the design is decent enough. If i have a bigger budget, i will definitely purchased haiku or amasco triniti.

I recall Robinsons selling SMEG fridges for around twice that price; but it is likely the ones at Robinsons are 2-separate door versions. Tried to visit Tampoi to purchase Haiku fans over the last weekend, but was told (though I'm still unconvinced) that Haiku fans are not sold in Malaysia.

2-doors models retails $4080 from courts/Robinson.. unilite u can get around $3429.. so u save around $500..

I think its true,they don't bring in haiku at tampoi.. closest bet u can buy is the elmark triniti for 1180Rm

Finally got a chance to measure ytd.. my showerscreen is about 80cm.. the space left for toilet bowl is 70cm