Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
si_pitung

The Utilitarian Reno.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
That's $7.90, right? I was very tempted to get that too 'cos they were light, flat packed and easy to carry and I was shopping alone with my toddler. But, hubby preferred something more structured.

ya.. i also feel is light. heh.

come to think of it, actually ikea's stuff was not really that dirt cheap. :dancingqueen:

The discounted things are, I think. E.g. I bought 2 oven gloves for $1.80 each. Another time, Ikea sold kitchen rubber gloves for just 60 cents a pair. For the most of the rest, I think you pay for the nice contemporary European design (not so for the material).

Edited by Homeowner

The discounted things are, I think. E.g. I bought 2 oven gloves for $1.80 each. Another time, Ikea sold kitchen rubber gloves for just 60 cents a pair. For the most of the rest, I think you pay for the nice contemporary European design (not so for the material).

Halo Homeowner,

Thank you for the very prompt response and the contact details for the kitchen hardware supplier.

I have noted your remarks about the chrome basket and will check this out further.

Thanx... : )

Pictures of Seng Kwong's wardrobes with 15 year warranty and German hardware. :sport-smiley-004: Decided to splurged on the wardrobes after seeing so many nice ones on the forum and also because these can moved.

The master bedroom wardrobe interior and exterior

th_73254_P1000130_122_1157lo.jpg

th_73683_Drawing1_122_702lo.jpg

Another "wardrobe" at the study room. This is like a mini storeroom, a shell with no interior shelving... For flexibility in case we turn this room into a bedroom and need a wardrobe in future, we can put wardrobe shelving inside.

th_73260_P1000131_122_898lo.jpg

That's great! Congrats! !! Hopefully, you won't get any problems on the day of delivery. !!

Hi Homeowner, congratulations on your well design kitchen...think u be doing quite a bit of cooking there...

Can I check how much you paid for your wardrobe? I particularly like the one in the study room. How is the workmanship and the tracks. I currently looking for someone to do up my cabinet.

We also got the same rice dispenser. It's very convenients to use.

The wardrobes you have are excellent and great looking.

Latest purchases :)

Tupperware stuff :): Bread server container on 12.5kg rice dispenser with 2 litre pitcher and 2 litre water bottle at the side. :jawdrop:

th_14548_P1000113_122_441lo.jpgth_14555_P1000115_122_652lo.jpg

Hi Homeowner,

Just wan to find out where u got the sink wif bottom cabinet. Did you see one wif stainless steel sink above?

Thanks.

Hi Homeowner, congratulations on your well design kitchen...think u be doing quite a bit of cooking there...

Can I check how much you paid for your wardrobe? I particularly like the one in the study room. How is the workmanship and the tracks. I currently looking for someone to do up my cabinet.

Thanks, yellow. Thanks for visiting, too.

We paid $3k for both wardrobes. We got a slight discount 'cos one of the sales person misquoted and Seng Kwong honoured the deal. :good: Think it was about $1.2k for the study room 8 ft shell (sliding doors plus gypsum board sides and top, no shelves inside) and $1.8 for for the bedroom wardrobe (shell + shelves and 2 drawers). We don't regret getting them, although to be really honest, the designer is a little bit absent minded. We really like the installers. They were very professional e.g. they cleaned up after installing and the workmanship is good. Besides the 15 year warranty, the other good thing about the wardrobes is that they can be dismantled and moved to your new place by Seng Kwong for a fee of "one to two hundred". Hope this helps.

We also got the same rice dispenser. It's very convenients to use.

The wardrobes you have are excellent and great looking.

Thanks, Lifestyle. :dancingqueen:

Hi Homeowner,

Just wan to find out where u got the sink wif bottom cabinet. Did you see one wif stainless steel sink above?

Thanks.

Hi, I got all my sanitary stuff including the cabinet from 191 Poh Joo. You can speak with Celina. They have a few bathroom cabinets on display. We chose this because it had glass doors - easier to match and hopefully more resistent to moisture. They also sell hobs and hoods.

But, the contractor had some problems installing the cabinet 'cos the plumber did up the pipes first before opening the box and realising we had a ready made cabinet. Luckily, the plumber figured a way out. The contractor changed the legs to longer stainless steel ones, thereby increasing the height of the cabinet by 1 inch. The pipes were then able to run below. So, if you intend to get a ready made cabinet, please do show the plumber the cabinet early before he runs the pipes.

I am not sure if I saw any cabinets with stainless steel sinks when we were doing our shopping. A possible place is Sim Siang Choon, Changi. They had some utility sinks with cabinets. But, I can't remember whether the sinks are made of plastic or stainless steel. Hoe Kee also has some bathroom sinks with cabinets. But, I think they're not as nice as Poh Joo's, IMHO. Hope this helps. :good:

Thanx... : )

You're welcome! :jawdrop:

Hi, I got all my sanitary stuff including the cabinet from 191 Poh Joo.

Type error. It should read Poh Joo, 391 Jalan Besar. :furious:

You're welcome! :)

Type error. It should read Poh Joo, 391 Jalan Besar. :P

long time no come here.

SPAM CHOPPED!:deal::D

:bleah::notti::rofl:

DSC00700.jpg

That's an interesting lamp. And the staircase is nice and warm. Was the parquet there originally? Looks so different from my white, white staircase :~. I see that you've kept the curved doorways...same here. :P

More pictures, please! :)

Edited by Homeowner