Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
si_pitung

The Utilitarian Reno.

Welcome, storeberry! :paint:

Xinyi reiko, i think the dish rack comes as a set of 3; i don't think they sell just the tray alone. !!

i see.. nvm then... i shall go other places to hunt for it.. :unsure:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

8| The kitchen cabinets were completed last week!!! The cumulation of many months of research, planning, drawing and redrawing and, of course, not forgetting the hard work of the contractor and his team of carpenters...:notti:

The light coloured woodgrain laminate provides a contrast to the double bluenose black galaxy granite countertop...The medium brown woodgrain ceramic floor adds warmth while the white walls make the kitchen look brighter.

th_41271_P1000094_122_454lo.jpg

To make the L-corner more accessible, a corner wall cabinet is located at the top and a double powder coated steel carousal from Ikea at the bottom. Next to the Teka oven, is a drawer for cooking utensils eg. spatula/ wooden spoon, etc. and a double pull-out for storing spices and clingwrap above and oils and sauces below.

th_41278_P1000098_122_547lo.jpg

This is the tall cupboard with 5 pull-out drawers for easy access and storage.

th_41266_P1000093_122_336lo.jpg

The stainless steel dish rack with stainless steel tray...funny, I thought I got a black plastic tray...must be mistaken...it's exactly like the catalogue's after all. Oops! :P

th_41273_P1000097_122_452lo.jpg

Finally, deep drawers for plates, bowls, wok, pots and pans.

th_41283_P1000099_122_894lo.jpg

:dancingqueen: My dream kitchen! :dancingqueen:

Edited by Homeowner

The top-hung sliding kitchen door with a large glass panel (so that I can observe the kids' antics outside the kitchen while I cook) and matching laminate (as the kitchen cabinets). Looks very co-ordinated. 8|

th_44283_P1000103_122_459lo.jpg

The "silver touch" laminated kitchen toilet door.

th_44278_P1000102_122_463lo.jpg

Here's the air-con trunking at the side by the wall after rectification...significantly better, don't you think?

th_44288_P1000108_122_701lo.jpg

Homeowner,

wow! A v well thought out kitchen! I wouldnt be able to think of something like that!

Your kitchen is quite big compared to mine.

I love your kitchen and toilet doors... esp the kitchen ...so matching and looks v well coordinated. How much did u pay to construct both the doors?

Btw, how long did your reno take? is 3-4 weeks enough? i'll have to rush cos my buyers want to have the keys by end of July.... i'll be homeless if my sellers dont move in time cos they r doing a contra.

Cant wait for the sale of my home to be completed... my first apptm is only on 19th May... think will only get my keys in mid to late june :(i really pray v hard they dont ask for extension.

Thanks!:dunno: Was thinking this morning that my well-thought out kitchen could have been a disaster kitchen if I didn't have a good contractor to execute the plan... :(:bangwall: Am really, really very grateful. $450 for the matching sliding door and $180 for the laminated toilet door.

Should be okay 'cos mine took less than 4 weeks for complete kitchen and 3 toilets overhaul. But, must plan properly and get your stuff early...in case sometimes suppliers have no stock. Try negotiating with your buyers for an extension...better to have a buffer period...Gave my sellers abt 12 days extension for an auspicious move-in date.

Thanks!:bath: Love it :bangwall: and my double bluenose granite top!:dancingqueen::yamseng:

ya, really. the whole combi , see liao very comfortable....not eye-straining.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. :dunno: The kitchen's pleased as punch with its spiffy new outfit. Think the contractor did a good job. :P

The Ikea carousel costs only $65 for a double. Fits cabinet space 1200mm by 600mm. Powder coated steel, so cannot touch water. :(

:sport-smiley-004: How's your reno. going on? Read that you engaged Ho Bee?

ya...hobee, just started....havent go back and see yet.

Extensive reno, Mace?

Sigh...had a budget of $20k, did my sums just now and the total costs has climbed up to $36k.

Contractor $24.5k (kitchen, 3 toilets, 3 doors, whole flat painting)

Electrician $1k (change all switches/ sockets, change 10 lights, rewire kitchen)

Teka oven, sink, tap $1k (Asia Excel)

Sanitary items $3k (Poh Joo, 391 Jln Besar)

Air-con $2k

Lights $600 (Nan Wah)

Wardrobes $3k (Seng Kwong)

Moving costs+cleaning costs $700

Am feeling quite green now.