Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
si_pitung

The Utilitarian Reno.

teach you, reno expert??? :o ....I paiseh...maybe my standards lower: look at the wiring...seems okay... turn on the lights, no problem...okay, loh! Does this make sense to you?

This is no expert talk.

You cant tell from a person's face whether if he is suffering from cancer, right.?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hmm what i think GMC trying to say is that is advisable to change the wiring after 20 years?

as you will not know whether inside have any problems in the future.. maybe something loose or not working properly.. for home owners we cant be sure.. anyway, usually electricians can advise you on that better? :)

sorry if i take this wrongly GMC... this is what i think u mean... :P

Here's the slightly sunken shower area without the sloping skirting. The u-channel is in the sunken shower area. The glass shower screen fits into the u-channel.

th_46994_P1000062a_122_141lo.jpg

The boys' toilet with kerb.

th_46998_P1000063a_122_215lo.jpg

The wood lookalike kitchen floor is done, together with the fridge and washer bases. See what I've done? I've positioned my fridge above the floor trap! 8| Bought a holeless floor trap to minimise exposure to humidity.

th_46969_P1000059a_122_904lo.jpgth_46974_P1000060a_122_154lo.jpgth_46989_P1000061a_122_226lo.jpg

Reno. likely to finish next week. !!

Wow, looking good! So you started packing your stuffs to move over already? What is the color of your kitchen cabinets?

Edited by storeberry

Haven't started packing yet...prob. next week :)

I have chosen a very light coloured woodgrain laminate, Cherry Rosato (similar to birch), with matching light coloured woodgrain ABS trim.

th_04256_P1000071a_122_123lo.jpg

The light colour is chosen to contrast nicely with my Black Galaxy granite countertop. It's also supposed to help make the kitchen appear brighter and bigger. Didn't choose white or gloss colours 'cos these are hard to maintain - dirt and scratches can be seen easily. Not the high-maintenance sort of person :dunno:. Didn't choose dark colours 'cos need the kitchen to appear bright - need yang (bright) places to lift my mood zz. Didn't choose solid colours 'cos patterns on laminate help to camouflage dirt/ stains...until I next clean them zz.

The kitchen looks so nice and bright now with the white tiles...think it'll look slightly smaller next week when the cabinets go in. zz

This describes today's air-con. installation:

!! :furious::dribble::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

The contractor and electrician have never seen such cowboy installers!!!! :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall: Retification tomorrow.

This describes today's air-con. installation:

!! :furious::dribble::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

The contractor and electrician have never seen such cowboy installers!!!! :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall: Retification tomorrow.

wah...what actually happens ?

it's over here http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=175426

The sales guy appeared experienced and practical.. maybe the installer is not..

after sales often cannot meet what sales promise... sad fact of life

btw, i checked with a few aircon companies... some feedback i got:

I asked them all the same question "i am looking for an aircon system for my Mansionette. Either system 4 or 5. Max Running Amp is 8.5Amp. Which system do u recommend?"

1) Co 1 : Salesman 1 questioned me why i wanted to use system 5... lectured me for half an hr and tell me it's pointless cos it wont be cold if i turn on 2 at the same time..blah blah blah .... ok ok point noted

2) Co 2 (a v reputable retail outlet): Salesman no 2 told me : For old flats using 8.5Amp, can only use Mit Star Max and Fujitsu inverter systems. And must be INVERTER. They recommend system 4 cos they dont have system 5

3) Co 3 : Salesman 3 (Daikin rep) told me for 8.5Amp, can only use their 21,000 btu non-invertor (system 4)and must be NON INVERTOR. Told me ok to switch on 2 at the same time.

Conflicting ... i'm already v blur re aircon specs... these pp r making me blurrer... so who's right and who's wrong? i really donno wh one to believe.

hmm what i think GMC trying to say is that is advisable to change the wiring after 20 years?

as you will not know whether inside have any problems in the future.. maybe something loose or not working properly.. for home owners we cant be sure.. anyway, usually electricians can advise you on that better? :dancingqueen:

sorry if i take this wrongly GMC... this is what i think u mean... :(

ya...20 yrs must change.

even if there are no worries for fire hazards, think of your MONTHLY electrical bills.

GMC speaks from his dunno how many times of house moving experience... :P

7 or 8 huh?

after sales often cannot meet what sales promise... sad fact of life

btw, i checked with a few aircon companies... some feedback i got:

I asked them all the same question "i am looking for an aircon system for my Mansionette. Either system 4 or 5. Max Running Amp is 8.5Amp. Which system do u recommend?"

I had the same issue as you.

1) Co 1 : Salesman 1 questioned me why i wanted to use system 5... lectured me for half an hr and tell me it's pointless cos it wont be cold if i turn on 2 at the same time..blah blah blah .... ok ok point noted

A single FCU (Fan Coil Unit) is about 10kbtu, 2 is about 20kbtu, your sys 5 CU (Condenser Unit) produce abt 24kbtu. tell me cold or not.?

2) Co 2 (a v reputable retail outlet): Salesman no 2 told me : For old flats using 8.5Amp, can only use Mit Star Max and Fujitsu inverter systems. And must be INVERTER. They recommend system 4 cos they dont have system 5

Right that there is no sys 5 inverter in the market. you can have a 20kbtu FCU (if it exist) to cool the entire lower floor., but it depends on your layout how how efficient can this single FCU cover the floor area.

3) Co 3 : Salesman 3 (Daikin rep) told me for 8.5Amp, can only use their 21,000 btu non-invertor (system 4)and must be NON INVERTOR. Told me ok to switch on 2 at the same time.

He doesn't know how to sell.

Conflicting ... i'm already v blur re aircon specs... these pp r making me blurrer... so who's right and who's wrong? i really donno wh one to believe.

Just look at their profile when choosing the aircon guy. The one I used normally work on projects, heard that they are currently installing at Sentosa Coves.

ya...20 yrs must change.

even if there are no worries for fire hazards, think of your MONTHLY electrical bills.

GMC speaks from his dunno how many times of house moving experience... :dancingqueen:

7 or 8 huh?

moving houses alone doesn' t gives me electrical knowledge.