Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
si_pitung

The Utilitarian Reno.

Yep...hope they stay that way! :sport-smiley-004:

Noticed your future MIL's really capable! Big savings of a few hundreds there. :sport-smiley-004:

yeah man...we just need to buy tracks....she will sew for us....:notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
yeah man...we just need to buy tracks....she will sew for us....zz

Lucky you! zz Where are you getting your tracks? Hardware stores at Jalan Besar?

Nice nice bathrooms coming up.. zzzz

YES!:lol: I'm so excited...can't wait for the plumbing and the sanitary items to be up so that I can see the results of my many, many weeks of shopping and planning and not forgetting, the workers' hard work. :(

passing through~

weee envy!:( so nice toilets... zz

wish i have the money to change the whole toilet look! maybe 10 or 20 years down the road.. zz

reno going well! zz will be back to see more pictures :lol:

weeeeeeeeeee

passing by~~ weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hi i also passing by..but slowly........... Good progress on the toiles..coming up very nicely.. your whole family must be real excited.. On Completion, mass shower :(:lol:zz together as opening ceremony..Hahaha..

Homeowner,

how much did u pay for the reno of toilets and kitchen?

yours is an EM right? I was quoted $20k for redoing 2 toilets and 1 kitchen. u think it is reasonable?

Lucky you! :notti: Where are you getting your tracks? Hardware stores at Jalan Besar?

Not sure yet, probably at any curtain shops bah...:(

More pictures!

The kitchen toilet floor tiles done, brown to match the wall tiles. Really love the look. :)

th_15563_P1000054a_123_507lo.jpg

th_15220_P1000049a_122_558lo.jpg

Wall tiles and floor tiles sizes doesn't match.

I was quoted $20k for redoing 2 toilets and 1 kitchen. u think it is reasonable?

Include all fixtures & carpentry?

These are three different anti-insect valves for floor traps. We're going for the Showy one in the centre, which is shorter than the Showy one on the right. One the left is the Norika one.

where you find these anti insect floor traps huh?

so far I only found 1 type which doesnt look good enough leh. :)

Homeowner,

how much did u pay for the reno of toilets and kitchen?

yours is an EM right? I was quoted $20k for redoing 2 toilets and 1 kitchen. u think it is reasonable?

I'm paying abt $21+k for three toilets + kitchen, all in. Sanitary items, etc., we bought ourselves. But, we were very lucky 'cos we signed the contract encasing the price before Indonesia banned sand exports. The contractor says we're his last customer enjoying the old rates. Think we got a good price 'cos all our tiles, except the kitchen toilet tiles, are from Spain...and so far we are very pleased with the work done.

Wall tiles and floor tiles sizes doesn't match.

Include all fixtures & carpentry?

Gosh, GMC...you never fail to amaze me. :)

Studied the picture again but think that they can't possibly match since they are of different sizes...so the fault lie with the buyers - us. Heheh...folks, this is what happens when you don't get an interior designer to advise you...the devil's in the details! :) It's okay, lah...we don't mind...:P. I'm very satisified with the wavy lines on the wall tiles being nicely aligned and floor tiles being even and neat...

where you find these anti insect floor traps huh?

so far I only found 1 type which doesnt look good enough leh. :)

From left,

$1.58 Norika, Liang Chew Hardware, 133 Kitchener Road

$3 Showy, Poh Joo Hardware , 159 Jalan Besar

$6.50 Showy, not sure where the contractor's purchaser got it from. But, tiler found it not suitable for resale flat use 'cos it's too deep and may collide with other pipes e.g. basin sewage pipe and shower sewage pipe. Confirmed this with the manufacturer.

But, Mace, you have to get either Norika or Showy floor traps if you want the floor trap cover to close nicely 'cos these brands' floor traps have slightly deeper edges to fit the anti-insect floor trap. You can get the Norika floor trap ($6.50 for stainless steel) from Liang Chew or the Showy one ($10 for stainless steel) from Kin Siang (Blk 30 Kelantan Road, #01-99). Think the plastic floor traps should be cheaper.

Edited by Homeowner

homeowner, what u mean by sunken down shower area? any pix to show me? Thanks!

I'm sorry, they're still in the process of working on it so I don't have any pictures yet.

Please bear with my explanation for now: the shower area is slightly deeper (2 cm?) than the bathroom floor. The u-channel is fixed in the sunken shower area and then, the glass shower screen fitted in. So, the glass shower screen looks like it extends from the bathroom floor upwards with no kerb. The other side of the u-channel will be covered with tiles. The tiler said he'll sand the tiles so that they slope down onto the shower area floor so that dirt and dust will not collect. :rolleyes: See, the tiler's attention to detail? That's why I am so impressed and grateful. In a nutshell, the glass shower screen and the difference in floor levels prevent the bath water from flowing out onto the bathroom floor. I've seen this at my uncle-in-law's house before...at that time, I didn't realised it was the new way of doing shower areas.

We're not doing any glass shower screen for the boys' toilet ('cos scared they break the glass, get their fingers caught between the door and the glass wall, etc.). So, the tiler says he'll do the normal kerb there.

Edited by Homeowner

I'm sorry, they're still in the process of working on it so I don't have any pictures yet.

Please bear with my explanation for now: the shower area is slightly deeper (2 cm?) than the bathroom floor. The u-channel is fixed in the sunken shower area and then, the glass shower screen fitted in. So, the glass shower screen looks like it extends from the bathroom floor upwards with no kerb. ok i got it for this one..

The other side of the u-channel will be covered with tiles. The tiler said he'll sand the tiles so that they slope down onto the shower area floor so that dirt and dust will not collect. :rolleyes: See, the tiler's attention to detail?

meaning got skitting for bathroom?

That's why I am so impressed and grateful. In a nutshell, the glass shower screen and the difference in floor levels prevent the bath water from flowing out onto the bathroom floor. I've seen this at my uncle-in-law's house before...at that time, I didn't realised it was the new way of doing shower areas.

We're not doing any glass shower screen for the boys' toilet ('cos scared they break the glass, get their fingers caught between the door and the glass wall, etc.). So, the tiler says he'll do the normal kerb there.

paiseh..i am trying to figure out how it looks like...:notti:

:lol: my ID liao..nvr tell me got such design...guess he is lazy!

Edited by bubblepearl