Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
si_pitung

The Utilitarian Reno.

All hacked by Friday... :sport-smiley-018:

th_85378_P1000018a_122_483lo.jpgth_85379_P1000019a_122_448lo.jpgth_85385_P1000020a_122_464lo.jpgth_85390_P1000021a_122_332lo.jpg

See the orange lower parts of the wall? HDB used clay soil to tile in the bygone days...before we got imported sand....

Learnt a few things over the weekend...

1. Need to resize the images from the camera or else you'll be waiting for HOURS and HOURS for the images to upload :)

2. We all knew we had to pay for disposal of waste...it's in the quotation...but did you know that disposal for different waste - hacked cement and tiles, rubbish, disposed wood - have different prices? Cannot suka suka throw your rubbish into the container for hacked cement and tiles 'cos the truck will have to go to 2 places - the dump for cement and tiles and the rubbish dump - so the disposal price is different. :( I didn't know...happily disposed the sellers' rubbish into the container for hacked cement and tiles thinking that the container was already paid for and got the workers in a little trouble... 8| Getting the town council in next week to dispose the furniture...cannot suka suka anyhow throw.

Next step: Repair the walls and restore the walls to plumb (90 degrees) and TILING! :good:

Edited by Homeowner

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

passing by~ weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ooo hacking in progress.. finally see something moving.. good luck in the reno..

more pictures~ :bangwall: hee hee

wah!! red stairs!! :D

ooooooooooooooo how big is the place?

yeah its rare to have this kind of place...

is it more costly to own it now? :jawdrop:

Hi ...congrats on your progress.. your unit is very big so reno cost must be xxx.. where is it located? u may want to check with your neighbour on the gas.. almost make a mistake for mine as the previous owner use LPG and i assume that no gov gas. did a check with hdb and now can proceed with my suspended cabinet.. cheers.

Mine's the reaaally old one...146 sqm. The newer ones, last produced eight or nine years ago, are 138 sqm, I think.

A friend's dad bought theirs 20 years ago in Chua Chu Kang for $100k. Recent transactions of eight/nine year olds at CCK is abt $330k. Bought my unit at $370k 'cos the 4 and 5 room flats in Serangoon had very stiff asking prices - $290k and above. Thought a masionnette is better value for money. :D The asking price for a nine year old masionnette in Serangoon is at least $400k :jawdrop:. But, of course, 11 years is a big difference...but fortunately my block was upgraded so the exterior doesn't look too bad. The sellers also maintained their place well in general...:unsure: But, nothing beats the wear and tear of 21 years of heavy kitchen use. :D

Edited by Homeowner

My reno. costs abt $22k 'cos we're only doing the kitchen and toilets. If you add the sanitary items, oven, hob & hood, moving costs, window repairs, electrician's fee, air-conditioning, I think we probably hit $30k.

I set a tight budget and tried very, very hard to be disciplined...'cos, you know, as you go along the reno. process, there are just so many nice to have stuff, so many not so nice to have stuff that you have to live with if you don't replace, and the "...include this since you are doing the reno. now; if not, it'll be very messy after you move in...." argument is very seductive. You tend to try to perfect the place... It's so easy to go overboard like a little child in a candy store. :sport-smiley-004: We're making do with the old gate, grilles, windows, ceramic tiles in the bedrooms, sellers' TV cabinet & carpet and all our old furniture and appliances from our current home. It's just the realistic thing to do if we want to live within our means; emotionally difficult sometimes... !!

Thanks, Ben3555,...no hope on the gas issue though since both Citigas and HDB say Serangoon is WELL-KNOWN (???) for having no gas pipes.

Thanks, xinyi reiko. Yah we like the space too. Lots of space for the children to run around...my mum thinks I'll think differently once I start cleaning the place though! !!

21 year old HDB masionnette...out of production :notti:

BTO: Treetops @ Punggol

Each 5-room loft unit is a maisonette. The lower floor features double volume space in the living/dining area, overlooking your own private courtyard-styled sky-rise garden. Be wowed by the generous space and lose yourself in the park-like living environment the moment you step through your door. Tranquility rules as you relax amid the green earthy atmosphere.

Located on the lower floor are 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, kitchen and storeroom-cum-household shelter. For added privacy, the main bedroom with an attached bathroom is housed on the upper floor.

Extracted from the intro of my reno-blog:

A double storey flat that was built by HDB. Being a corner unit flat, coupled with the sold recess area, this flat of ours has a total of 162sqm/1700++ sqft. New flats of such layout is no longer available. Who knows, they may consider building some when there is a demand.

Yeah.! I was right afterall.!

wow. really big flat. mine is 130 and i find it too big.. housework is a chore. hehe. but don worry once its all nicely renovated you'll hav motivation to keep it clean and tidy.

ohh the treetops loft units sounds exciting! sigh hdb flats at punggol really becoming more like condo.

unlike my area. geesh.

OIC....so the Treetops 5 room flat comprise of 2 storeys, like a condo penthouse...no wonder the price is so ex. for a HDB direct buy flat - $370k - $383k. Welcome, GMC! Glad to have you still around :unsure:.

Thanks for visiting, mist...love mural you did up with your hubby and your sleek silver/grey (?) kitchen. :P