Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
si_pitung

The Utilitarian Reno.

Thanks, xinyi reiko. Yah we like the space too. Lots of space for the children to run around...my mum thinks I'll think differently once I start cleaning the place though! zz

This one i agree with your mum. Cleaning whole house will be stress. zz zz

My mum already gotten lobang for me to get part-time maids to clean up my unit when renovations is done. $10/hr, not sure is true or not. zz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yap, that's true. Singaporeans and others...some even charge $8 for long-term assignments. When's your reno. finished?

Edited by Homeowner

Yap, that's true. Singaporeans and others...some even charge $8 for long-term assignments. When's your reno. finished?

me ah.. 1st apr start reno.. now counting down.. getting more and more excited... :thumbs up:

Mine's the reaaally old one...146 sqm. The newer ones, last produced eight or nine years ago, are 138 sqm, I think.

A friend's dad bought theirs 20 years ago in Chua Chu Kang for $100k. Recent transactions of eight/nine year olds at CCK is abt $330k. Bought my unit at $370k 'cos the 4 and 5 room flats in Serangoon had very stiff asking prices - $290k and above. Thought a masionnette is better value for money. :) The asking price for a nine year old masionnette in Serangoon is at least $400k :). But, of course, 11 years is a big difference...but fortunately my block was upgraded so the exterior doesn't look too bad. The sellers also maintained their place well in general...:) But, nothing beats the wear and tear of 21 years of heavy kitchen use. :D

Your place really big.. I also like big space and was actually eyeing the masionnette at Jalan Raja at only $320-350K..I think about 20+ yrs. But overide by my 3 women and ended up in Toa Payoh. Also heng as reno not so ex for smaller place and wife also say not so much to clean..most important, convenience for my girls as they move about..hehe :) All the best to your reno...post more picture for us...

Heheh...your women prefer smaller space, huh? My little men prefer big spaces to run around to expensed off their excess energy. :) Heng, we managed to find one within our budget! Heheh. Thanks for your well-wishes. :)

Reno. progressing smoothly... Am so pleased... :unsure:

Here's the kitchen with the walls up, white wall tiles up and grouting being done.

th_56307_P1000033a_122_410lo.jpg

th_53967_P1000034a_122_867lo.jpg

Kitchen toilet tiles up, all very nicely aligned. :dunno:

th_56538_P1000035a_122_478lo.jpg

Here's the children's bathroom with a close up of the fish tiles. It's a little dark between the tiles 'cos the grouting's not done yet. But, I'm very pleased that the fishes are well aligned. :unsure:

th_55528_P1000036a_122_788lo.jpg

th_53958_P1000037a_122_1126lo.jpg

Yah, if you clink on the picture, you can see that the wavy lines on the tiles are very nicely aligned in the close-up. !! Think the contractor and his workers have put in effort in their work and the effort shows. I'm really pleased and relieved that my trust is not misplaced 'cos I can't go down so often to check.

Bought the stainless steel rubbish chute ($95 from Poh Joo) and an anti-cockcroach valve for the floor traps - 2 types: $3 Snow one from Poh Joo and $1.58 Norika one from a pipe supplier at Kitchener road, near the mutton stall - yesterday. Forgot to take pictures :dribble:.

Does anyone know where I can buy the window catch from? I have a quote from a contractor from the HDB website who quoted me $5 per piece. But, I was wondering if I can get them cheaper from a supplier.

th_87127_P1000038a_122_328lo.jpg

Edited by Homeowner

Yah, if you clink on the picture, you can see that the wavy lines on the tiles are very nicely aligned in the close-up. !! Think the contractor and his workers have put in effort in their work and the effort shows. I'm really pleased and relieved that my trust is not misplaced 'cos I can't go down so often to check.

Bought the stainless steel rubbish chute ($95 from Poh Joo) and an anti-cockcroach valve for the floor traps - 2 types: $3 Snow one from Poh Joo and $1.58 Norika one from a pipe supplier at Kitchener road, near the mutton stall - yesterday. Forgot to take pictures !!.

Does anyone know where I can buy the window catch from? I have a quote from a contractor from the HDB website who quoted me $5 per piece. But, I was wondering if I can get them cheaper from a supplier.

th_87127_P1000038a_122_328lo.jpg

Nice fish tiles..must be your boys choice... hopefully they don't flood your shower...let the fish swim .haha.. I think you can get this catch from the bigger hardware shop.. the only one i know of is almost at the end of Balestier Road..somewhere opposite the temple (use to have small shops selling durian).. notice a lot of contractors buy their stuff from there...you can check it out..

These are three different anti-insect valves for floor traps. We're going for the Showy one in the centre, which is shorter than the Showy one on the right. One the left is the Norika one.

th_15046_P1000041a_123_350lo.jpg

This is how it looks like when it sits on the floor trap.

th_15051_P1000044a_123_589lo.jpg

Go away, cockroaches...you're not wanted here! :D

Here are the master bathroom wall tiles, with a close-up of the hole cut out for the glass shower screen u-channel and a close-up of the tumbled marble tile.

th_15229_P1000051a_122_501lo.jpgth_15233_P1000052a_122_362lo.jpg

th_15237_P1000053a_122_379lo.jpg

We wanted a kerb done for the master bathroom shower area. Later, while talking to a friend's SIL who is an interior designer, we found out that kerbs are OUT; what's IN is a sunken shower area - really neat 'cos it's more streamlined. So, we kicked ourselves for not having an interior designer, and since having instructed our contractor, we resigned ourselves to our kerbed shower area. But, guess what? When I went there today, the workers highlighted that they have taken the initiative to do a streamlined sunken shower area because it was a better and more beautiful way to do a shower area. :P Gosh, they sure know their stuff. I'm just so surprised and pleased. :notti:

Edited by Homeowner

More pictures!

The kitchen toilet floor tiles done, brown to match the wall tiles. Really love the look. :sport-smiley-004:

th_15563_P1000054a_123_507lo.jpg

th_15220_P1000049a_122_558lo.jpg

Light grey floor tiles for the boys' toilet in the process of being laid.

th_15226_P1000050a_122_447lo.jpg