Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
si_pitung

The Utilitarian Reno.

Include all fixtures & carpentry?

GMC,

wow... great to see u still around!

Carpentry only 16ft kitchen cabinet top and bottom but i think i will reduce that cos the kitchen seems a bit cluttered with that much carpentry. "Supply & install laminated kitchen cabinet with ABS door trimming". BTW, what is ABS door trimming? Something special?

Edited by tinkle

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Love ur toilet tiles as dark colour will not be seen when it gets dirty. Wise choice. :rolleyes::notti:

paiseh..i am trying to figure out how it looks like...:rolleyes:

:notti: my ID liao..nvr tell me got such design...guess he is lazy!

Yah, kinda like a sloping skirting inside the shower cubicle. Think the bathrooms should be all completed next week...will take a photo then.

No lah, different people have different design ideas and experience.

BTW, what is ABS door trimming? Something special?

ABS trimming is a special kind of laminate to seal the sides of a door to protect it from moisture, etc. It's supposed to be good 'cos it curves around the edge of the door. The other way is to stick the laminate (the same type as the door front) at the sides. This way is supposed to be more sleek. But, it may not be as hardy as the ABS trimming. The corners and edges may peel over time due to water (wet hands) and heavy use.

Love ur toilet tiles as dark colour will not be seen when it gets dirty. Wise choice. :rolleyes::notti:

Thanks. :lol: But only the kitchen toilet has dark floor tiles to match the wall...the master bathroom floor tile is medium beige-brown and the boys' light grey.

GMC,

wow... great to see u still around!

Carpentry only 16ft kitchen cabinet top and bottom but i think i will reduce that cos the kitchen seems a bit cluttered with that much carpentry. "Supply & install laminated kitchen cabinet with ABS door trimming". BTW, what is ABS door trimming? Something special?

ABS trimming is common these days.

Why not check out what's new at the condo showrooms? those designs will kick in soon and may replace ABS trimming.

Solid surface or postform or granite?

Solid surface or postform or granite?

solid surface worktop. I love the granite ones but no budget for it.

Homeowner,

Did u change your electrical wirings and piping? I'm still considering whether to change mine. My unit is 15 years of age. Old but not exactly v v old. Quite expensive to change !! If I take that out, my quote will be much lower. Trying to work within a $25k budget for everything.

Think the new desgins might be more expensive? The ones I saw had long aluminium handles at the top instead of ABS trimming.

difference is the handle only. you will be surprise the raw materials are very cheap. My carpenter left me a catalogue. you can get a dish rack at $50 from the supplier in Sg Kadut, but got to pay $100 at SSC or HK...

solid surface worktop. I love the granite ones but no budget for it.

Homeowner,

Did u change your electrical wirings and piping? I'm still considering whether to change mine. My unit is 15 years of age. Old but not exactly v v old. Quite expensive to change !! If I take that out, my quote will be much lower. Trying to work within a $25k budget for everything.

it is advisable to change wiring at the 20th year. so are you going to stay there for over 5yrs.?

My carpenter left me a catalogue. you can get a dish rack at $50 from the supplier in Sg Kadut, but got to pay $100 at SSC or HK...

it is advisable to change wiring at the 20th year. so are you going to stay there for over 5yrs.?

I got my stainless steel dish rack at $28!zz:P Yep, contractor's catalogue!! zz

No, I'm not changing most wiring...they seem to be in good condition. Only the kitchen ones 'cos I changed the layout...even then, I think I'll probably re-use the old wires. Should be okay, lah...my parents' house 40 years old still using the same old wiring. zz

From left,

$1.58 Norika, Liang Chew Hardware, 133 Kitchener Road

$3 Showy, Poh Joo Hardware , 159 Jalan Besar

$6.50 Showy, not sure where the contractor's purchaser got it from. But, tiler found it not suitable for resale flat use 'cos it's too deep and may collide with other pipes e.g. basin sewage pipe and shower sewage pipe. Confirmed this with the manufacturer.

But, Mace, you have to get either Norika or Showy floor traps if you want the floor trap cover to close nicely 'cos these brands' floor traps have slightly deeper edges to fit the anti-insect floor trap. You can get the Norika floor trap ($6.50 for stainless steel) from Liang Chew or the Showy one ($10 for stainless steel) from Kin Siang (Blk 30 Kelantan Road, #01-99). Think the plastic floor traps should be cheaper.

wah thanks a million...will print out this.

my house should be the same as yours.

Did u change your electrical wirings and piping?

Better change the whole unit piping. My sellers' advised the same when we asked what they would change if they could. Said the water flow is worsened over time. Doing tiling, my contractor said that the pipes were all choked and cannot be reused. Better change the kitchen cabinets and any concrete support also... 'cos when we removed the them, there were so many dead cockroaches...:P This explains my preoccupation with anti-insect traps.

wah thanks a million...will print out this.

my house should be the same as yours.

You're welcome!! zz

Better change the kitchen cabinets and any concrete support also... 'cos when we removed the them, there were so many dead cockroaches...:furious: This explains my preoccupation with anti-insect traps.

You're welcome!! 8|

Gosh! I was eating my lunch when i read this :good:

Did u change your aircon? My hub insisted on changing cos he felt that 15 yr aircon is too old for comfort... but with the 8.5Amp restriction...not many choices left for System 4 and 5.

Ooops...sorry. :dancingqueen: Just that I even considered keeping the concrete support to save costs...am so glad I didn't. :yamseng:

We're installing new ones 'cos the flat didn't have any. I just signed the contract this morning with Kaisoon 'cos the Kaisoon guy appeared experienced and practical, with piority given to air-con efficiency. Mit Starmex non-inverter system 3, with 5 years warranty for compressor and workmanship and three years warranty for spare parts. We're not going to air-cond. downstairs... Actually, don't use air-con often...maybe 10 times a year? Not an air-con expert, but think that if you are going to turn on the air-conditioning often, it makes sense to change 'cos the new ones would be more energy saving (compared to a 15 year one). Different technology, mah. :dancingqueen:

No, I'm not changing most wiring...they seem to be in good condition. Only the kitchen ones 'cos I changed the layout...even then, I think I'll probably re-use the old wires. Should be okay, lah...my parents' house 40 years old still using the same old wiring. :dancingqueen:

teach me how you judge that they are in good condition...

teach you, reno expert??? :o ....I paiseh...maybe my standards lower: look at the wiring...seems okay... turn on the lights, no problem...okay, loh! Does this make sense to you?