Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
si_pitung

The Utilitarian Reno.

Dunno why the master bathroom looks a little too simple and empty...maybe some pictures will improve the look. Sigh, turns out that Mr. Lim's price for a bathroom granite countertop cum cabinet is very reasonable...am just kicking myself for buying the bathroom cabinet even before engaging him.

hi, im gg to redo my toilets as well, i was surprised to c showerscreen w/o kerb.

did u request this or yr ID?

maybe i can tell my contractor oso. but will the water flow out abit?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Wah u very fast leg fast hand hor :P Today polish & clean, thursday move in liao! I still have phobia moving my PC from my dad's home to new home even thou my dad's home is only 3 storeys above my new home :P So many cables :jawdrop:

Sigh...$$$$ to painting, cleaning, moving companies...and efficient hubby.

wow ! bet u can't wait to move it ! hehe

Tight deadline...'cos handover key on Fri.

hi, im gg to redo my toilets as well, i was surprised to c showerscreen w/o kerb.

did u request this or yr ID?

The tiler took the initiative. Very nice. So far when I wash the shower area, no water flow out...but I've not taken a full shower yet. Will let you know after I move in and the Singtel mio account installed (30 April). Me will go MIA for a few days after moving. :notti:

wah so fast!:rofl: congrat!!

Thanks! !!

homeowner, check with you hor, ae you the one who recommend the electric app shop in amk?

everjoint? block 159?

homeowner, check with you hor, ae you the one who recommend the electric app shop in amk?

everjoint? block 159?

Yah, I bought Sharp SJ43 420l gross refrigerator at $525, Panasonic 23l microwave at $130 and LG top load 6.5 kg at $272, inclusive of delivery. Found their prices to be lower than most, e.g. Courts or Mustafa, because there are no delivery charges. But the shop did call on the day of delivery to announce that the microwave I ordered - Sharp 398 34l - was out of stock, and I had to decide on the spot, based on their recommendation, an alternative - Panasonic 23l microwave. Hubby was not amused. Other good places: Mustafa, Goh Ah Bee, Woodlands Electrical (I think).

We also just bought a LG front load 7 kg at $580, inclusive of delivery from Harvey Norman, Hougang, on Sunday. The purchase wasn't planned...we were there to check out the washer models, having surveyed some prices from neighbourhood shops. Harvey Norman's listed price was $599 (after including a $100 HN voucher) and excluding $30 delivery charge but since they were willing to match the price of a neighbourhood electrical shop, we bought it from them. :bangwall:

Update on the movers, as promised.

We engaged Island Link Link Express because they gave the best quotation amongst all the movers - $400, inclusive of $80 for the piano and $40 for carrying the king size mattress up 4 flight of stairs. Was told that they have 13 lorries. We were given 2. The move was handled by 138 Professional Movers, a company under the same group.

They were very professional. The boxes were moved out first, next came plastic wrapped furniture and lastly, piano and hanging clothes. They have a hanger for 80 pcs of hanging clothes. We reminded them not to throw the boxes and they said no, they were careful. Hubby was very pleased with the way they wrapped up the piano and moved everything. But, we didn't put them to the test and did move all fragile items (glasses and plates) ourselves first (for risk averse and sentimental reasons) after reading about another forumer's moving woes. Thumbs up for the movers.

Oops! Just found out that 138 Professional Movers just supplies the boxes - 40 of them, 20 small, 10 medium and 10 large. The movers came from the main company Island Link Express.

Hi gingerbelle, we've showered for a couple of days and no, the water doesn't flow out 'cos the shower stall is enclosed by the glass screen and the transparent plastic strip that runs along the bottom of the shower screen door. The shower stall slope is well done, the water flows well into the drainage hole.

The plastic strip at the foot of the glass door

th_72016_P1000174_122_947lo.jpg

we went to everjoint last week...their price is the LOWEST of all the places we been to.

even our regular electrical app shop is around $10-$30 more exp than them.

will buy from them :lol:

Pictures of Seng Kwong's wardrobes with 15 year warranty and German hardware. :P Decided to splurged on the wardrobes after seeing so many nice ones on the forum and also because these can moved.

The master bedroom wardrobe interior and exterior

th_73254_P1000130_122_1157lo.jpg

th_73683_Drawing1_122_702lo.jpg

Another "wardrobe" at the study room. This is like a mini storeroom, a shell with no interior shelving... For flexibility in case we turn this room into a bedroom and need a wardrobe in future, we can put wardrobe shelving inside.

th_73260_P1000131_122_898lo.jpg

we went to everjoint last week...their price is the LOWEST of all the places we been to.

even our regular electrical app shop is around $10-$30 more exp than them.

will buy from them :lol:

That's great! Congrats! zz Hopefully, you won't get any problems on the day of delivery. zz

Edited by Homeowner

:notti: nice homeowner u got really lovely place..

nicely done up for your kitchen~ :notti:

wish i got more space for my kitchen like urs~ :notti:

how is everything now?