Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

11 hours ago, studioflatter said:

Hi,

I need to get a reno loan, can some people give recommendations on how much to borrow? Because I heard costs can escalate halfway during reno. How much should I budget for the unknown?

1. How much should I borrow for reno loan? (furniture costs not included) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Borrow too little then how? Borrow too much have to incur early repayment penalty.
  2. Should I apply for reno loan before or after key collection?
  3. Should I apply for reno loan before or after I find a responsible ID? 
  4. All banks pay the contractor directly, not to me, so if reno is badly done, and I change contractor halfway but the bad contractor still gets the initial payment?

Thanks all!

cant help on loan details. but how much reno loan is depends on how you want to reno. basically the range we had here is around 15k to 30k.

but then since apply for loan already, try to go lean bah.

1 hour ago, CaseBlue said:

Hi all, anyone still used hdb provided electric socket? I want to change but they look ok leh... 

i m using, no issue.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:51 PM, greenbunny said:

My reno cost $16K.
Yes I will share more pictures soon.
Oh waving hello to my fellow BB resident! Which precinct?

Yeah shower is slanted to give me more horizontal space. 70cm wide from shower wall to the glass door. haha good for you to be so hardworking - part of exercise.. ouch at your perspiration.. so turn on a/c first before starting to clean? :P 

Oops you right about that gray pipe - i must be lousy at counting which picture (5th).. Yes it is from the aircon.

Exactly! Overlaying of the floor tiles to adjust slope issue is the only way but I chose not because it would be level with kitchen floor (then more more seeping water into kitchen) and I was trying to cut costs. Once waterproofing warranty expires in 3 years, I may do another renovation including hacking only for this bathroom. If only my pocket is too fat and need to shed some "weight".

Yes I opted out of Optional Component Scheme so I did my own flooring - correct, it is vinyl. Vinyl flooring is part of my ID-contractor quotation. Vinyl flooring including skirting costs me $1900. The kitchen costs are as below:-

-To supply and install Laminated kitchen cabinet with abs trimming 15ft $ 1,980.00
-To supply and install laminated full ht cabinet cover pipe and dish rack 3ft $ 330.00
-To supply and install kompac plus tabletop single profile 15ft $ 1,425.00

The standard price is $288 but as a kiasu person, I grabbed Lazada voucher to purchase it for $254 =)

Hi Greenbunny,

Would you mind sharing your ID contact?

On 6/23/2018 at 10:34 PM, swatcL said:

hi,

For a ceiling fan in 2br, living Hall. What is a suitable size? Is 48 inch or 52 inch OK? For living hall use.

mine is 48 in living room. so far so good.

On 6/25/2018 at 9:00 PM, mmoh said:

mine is 48 in living room. so far so good.

ok thks. I saw 52 inch, like too big. I will use 48 as  a guide.

Thanks mmoh.

2 minutes ago, swatcL said:

ok thks. I saw 52 inch, like too big. I will use 48 as  a guide.

Thanks mmoh.

Actually i used 56 inch KDK (W56WV).. I tot it might be too big but KDK FB said it is doable after looking at my floor plan based on my intended fan location. I guess it depends on where you would put it and the width of living room area. I put it in the very centre of my living room so that I can feel some air breeze from either my dining-work table or sofa.

3 hours ago, House1batok said:

I want put bathtub n have shower dry area. Can or not. Cant figure stupid doors

i guess it will be very cramp to put both tub and shower dry area in the toilet. For myself, i will be doing a bath tub as well. 

Just checking. How long do u guys take when doing QC for your furniture etc upon delivery?

Was it pressurizing while u check and the delivery staff wait for your sign-off?

42 minutes ago, Reality said:

Just checking. How long do u guys take when doing QC for your furniture etc upon delivery?

Was it pressurizing while u check and the delivery staff wait for your sign-off?

the only furniture i bought are bed frame and dining table + chairs. they need to install so got lots of time to check.

but I only saw some defects on the bed frame after they left. so i took picture and send it over to them. they replace it.

but need to inspect and test out any functionality b4 sign received lah. 

20 hours ago, mmoh said:

the only furniture i bought are bed frame and dining table + chairs. they need to install so got lots of time to check.

but I only saw some defects on the bed frame after they left. so i took picture and send it over to them. they replace it.

but need to inspect and test out any functionality b4 sign received lah. 

Ok thanks

On 6/26/2018 at 11:21 PM, greenbunny said:

Actually i used 56 inch KDK (W56WV).. I tot it might be too big but KDK FB said it is doable after looking at my floor plan based on my intended fan location. I guess it depends on where you would put it and the width of living room area. I put it in the very centre of my living room so that I can feel some air breeze from either my dining-work table or sofa.

56 inch is huge.. will it obstruct your lights?

23 hours ago, swatcL said:

56 inch is huge.. will it obstruct your lights?

Nope. It didn't obstruct my lights. Maybe the location of my track lights and ceiling fan didn't interfere with one another.

P/S: Pardon me for those grainy/off-color photos due to my old phone which I had to use temporarily while my current phone is being serviced.

IMG_6832.JPG.c31e661e50f4332aaeab9765ef050e96.JPG

IMG_6834.JPG.ee69007ed8901d1818e565fedad214dd.JPG

IMG_6837.JPG.25fdf19d47e0173030edd78c87da775c.JPG

Edited by greenbunny