ivory

Muddy Mud House

Hey People,

Reno work starts officially on Monday, 26/03/2007. :good:

Here is the schedule for the coming week:

Monday: Wiring

Tuesday - Wednesday: Ceiling work

Thursday: Tiling

Today we got to choose our homogeneous tiles for living/dining area. It was 2 against 1, so Mudster and K got their choice tile. I didn't put up a fight. Let the boys win! :bleah: It is one of those stain-resistant tiles lah. K demonstrated one of it's super power properties; he used a marker and drew over the tiles and later rubbed off the ink with his thumb! Not a speck was visible! !!

Made a tentative selection for floor laminate too. Oriental something, need to check out the name again.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hey People,

Reno work starts officially on Monday, 26/03/2007. :good:

Here is the schedule for the coming week:

Monday: Wiring

Tuesday - Wednesday: Ceiling work

Thursday: Tiling

Today we got to choose our homogeneous tiles for living/dining area. It was 2 against 1, so Mudster and K got their choice tile. I didn't put up a fight. Let the boys win! :bleah: It is one of those stain-resistant tiles lah. K demonstrated one of it's super power properties; he used a marker and drew over the tiles and later rubbed off the ink with his thumb! Not a speck was visible! !!

Made a tentative selection for floor laminate too. Oriental something, need to check out the name again.

hi ivory,

good to know that things are getting started on your side! :bleah:

hi ivory,

good to know that things are getting started on your side! :good:

Thanks joyz! :sport-smiley-018:

What was your choice of tile then ??

Hi HSH

We knew we were getting homogeneous tiles and so we had to decide from the following:

1) Matt

2) Polished

I liked the polished surface even though the matt surface is more appropriate for a resort feel. We cheated, and decided on polished finish cos our theme is modern resort, hahaha!

Then, we had to decide between the following

1) Normal polished

2) Polished surface with an additional protective coat

So here we chose the latter option, it helps protect against stains e.g. marker

This is when Mudster and I couldn't decided between the two short listed patterns for the tiles with the additonal protection coat.

Mudster liked the tile with a marble kinda a stain and I liked the one vertical lines (more zen).

So I let Mudster win lor. It's a nice choice. Will show pictures once we can step into the house after tiling work on Thurs/Friday.

Edited by ivory

so good... u can choose what kind of tiles for ur floor but not mine! :notti:

Cos mine a premium unit but i rather not this way...

So I let Mudster win lor. It's a nice choice. Will show pictures once we can step into the house after tiling work on Thurs/Friday.

I ccc... since K also find Mudster's choice is better... shouldn't be wrong lor... all the best...

At first we followed Mr A to choose the tiles... but came back felt regreted... didn't really like the tiles that were chosen...I went there few times... finally when K took over the project... he went SBH with us ... most of the tiles were changed...

Edited by HSH21

so good... u can choose what kind of tiles for ur floor but not mine! :D

Cos mine a premium unit but i rather not this way...

Hi Ahblur, I'm sure the HDB tiles in the living room look decent. :notti:

I ccc... since K also find Mudster's choice is better... shouldn't be wrong lor... all the best...

K took over the project... he went SBH with us ... most of the tiles were changed...

Yup K listens to both Mudster and I, and he'll give good suggestions. We went to SBH too but K will make the orders at Hafary (Wonder if it's spelt this way). Apparently, the tiles are cheaper at Hafary.

Today, K has officially taken over the place. Now his lock his up at the gate and we got a key to allow access to the unit. And yes, we made the first payment - 50% of the total. :notti:

We went to SBH too but K will make the orders at Hafary (Wonder if it's spelt this way). Apparently, the tiles are cheaper at Hafary.

U mean your tiles choose from SBH... but delivered by Hafary ?? Are they having the same pattern ??

U mean your tiles choose from SBH... but delivered by Hafary ?? Are they having the same pattern ??

Hahaha no,no. K brought us to look see look see at SBH. And we short-listed two tiles and brought the sample to K's office. There he showed us th Hafary samples, and we chose the Hafary tile over the SBH one.

Apparently Hafary is a smaller place than SBH and is usually crowded and so K doesnt like going there. That is why he has gathered the Hafary samples at his office too.

Hahaha no,no. K brought us to look see look see at SBH. And we short-listed two tiles and brought the sample to K's office. There he showed us th Hafary samples, and we chose the Hafary tile over the SBH one.

Apparently Hafary is a smaller place than SBH and is usually crowded and so K doesnt like going there. That is why he has gathered the Hafary samples at his office too.

I ccc... not sure about Hafary's tiles... because my tiles all from SBH...read that many people got the tiles from Hafary..

I ccc... not sure about Hafary's tiles... because my tiles all from SBH...read that many people got the tiles from Hafary..

Me goondu la, wasn't clear in my previous post. Yeah, apparently quality of tiles is just as good as SBH's but cheaper.

I'll take pictures on Saturday and post the effect over the coming weekend!

We finally chose the tiles from Hafari, even though the selections were lesser, the quality is apparently better than SBT for the grade that comes with our package. The tile that we chose has been previously chosen by about 8 different clients of Mr K. So we actually went for a safe selection. Only problem is many will have the same tiles. Its supposed to be some SUPER GLOSS polished homogeneous tiles.

What I am worried is whether buffer lines will be visible on these tiles. Any one ever face this problem before?

Today Mr K came over and scribbled some things on the walls of our house to indicate wiring installations for his electrician. When Mr K locked up our gate, he did mention that its his baby for the next 5 weeks. Don't think he was staging it...there was sincerity in his voice.

But he did mention he is apprehensive of the renovation works in our area. His previous work dealings at our area was not very pleasant for him. Well, we both(us and Mr K) hope that our partnership would be a new and bright beginning for the both of us.

Ya finally Mr. K must have been happy. We made our 50% of the payment. :jawdrop: Ivory made the payment. Of course m gonna share the cost with her la. :dunno:

Anyway, it seems the haulage fees at our flat has been increased. Can H*B-appointed contractors increase cost as they like? Doesn't their contract stipulate to keep the price fixed?

And who pays for the Gas & Water & Elec bill during this period of renovation? Us or our renovator?

Wah seems like expenses are just building up...Boss I need pay increment liao and a big fat bonus...Unfortunately my boss don't read this website! :notti:

Cheers,

A Bankrupt Mudster!

don't think id will cover the eletrical bills and stuff... most likely is ur own part to pay...

don't think they use so much also...

give n take